I have a new dishwasher

Today, the maintenance man, Joe, came out and replaced my old dishwasher with a new one. This one looks "cheaper" than the old one. I certainly do not have the configuration of the racks as was in the older one. It will take some getting used to stacking it properly. The flatware basket was attached to the door on the old, and sits in the bottom of the new. As well, there were two rotating water sprayers in the old one, for each of the bottom and upper racks. This has only one on the bottom. I will need to make sure that I rinse them very well, before loading the dishwasher. I think this one is more for disinfecting, and doesn't have the stronger cleaning cycle that the old one did. And, if worse comes to worst, I can use my old-fashioned dishwasher. I know it (my hands) still work! Photo credit: Pixabay
@PhredWreck (6006)
I split up with my dishwasher in 2003, of course she didn't work very good anyway, never bothered to get another one.
It's hard to find good help nowadays. ;-)
@JimBo452020 (79776)
• Montrose, Scotland
Yvonne has a dishwasher Same one for 25 years Called Jim
I don't have that luxury
@JimBo452020 (79776)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner Train Cooper. If I can wash and dry a few dishes an intelligent being like Cooper could do it much better.
@JimBo452020 His idea of dishwashing is licking the plate clean, I fear.
@LindaOHio (81999)
I hope your dishwasher does the job.
If not, I will drag out my handy-dandy old hands and play in the bubbles with them! LOL Or start using paper plates.
@LindaOHio (81999)
@TheSojourner I never minded washing dishes by hand. Now I can't; and hubs has problems with his back too. We make a fine pair.
@LindaOHio I'm sorry that those things are at issue for you. I had some friends who recently were in a similar situation, and they sold their home and moved into an independent senior center, that also has assistance with certain things like that. It was a difficult move for them, but now that they're into the place, they love it.
My dishwasher broke in 2005, I decided not to buy a new one, this is the appliances that lasts less and I really do not need one.
If this would have been my home, I would have removed the dishwasher and installed another cabinet for small appliances. There are many memories I have of washing dishes in my mother's home.
@TheSojourner I store dishes and glasses inside the unused dishwasher. As it is part of the wall cabinets and it's not easy to remove it and to install a new cabinet, I decided to let it where it is and do nothing.
@LadyDuck PERFECT!!
good luck with it. I miss my dishwasher at the house. The fridge too!
Thanks. It will be okay, but not as great in some ways. At least it's not falling apart. LOL
@TheSojourner The appliances I have here are all builder's grade except the microwave. I hate the dishwasher.
@NJChicaa if that means bare bones, then I know exactly what you mean. It's what I have.
@oahuwriter (19605)
Well, good luck with it! My home only the old fashioned way. No dishwasher or disposal.
I do plenty of hand washing.
@oahuwriter (19605)
Good luck with the new dishwasher. We don’t use dishwasher at home.
Because it comes with the apartment and the maintenance takes care of it at no cost to me, then I will use it.
@wolfgirl569 (48938)
• Marion, Ohio
I still only have the old fashioned one. Sadly the kids grew up
A new dishwasher is great.
That it is
• Rockingham, Australia
Our new dishwasher is 'different' too and has taken some getting used to. It's always difficult stacking glasses.
I think the same thing will happen for me. Stacked and glasses will be difficult. This is not quite as large as my other one was on the inside the way that it was configured.
@MarieCoyle (2766)
I know I am spoiled, I love using my dishwasher. I do wash most of my pots and pans by hand, but dishes and silverware get put in there. I know my hands work, I just don't like to do dishes that much.
I like having my dishwasher, but this is going to be a little different you getting used to. I don't think it is as powerful as the last one and the configuration for stacking is certainly different.
@Rashnag (25105)
• Surat, India
Ok dear. Hope you gets adjusted with it after some time. Take care