Cooper's Corner: Yay! I get to go for a walk soon!

Cooper's Corner is written in a "voice" and from the perspective of ~8-year-old Cooper, a rescued shih tzu-miniature pincer mix, who lives with the author. When reading, responding, and "conversing" on this discussion, remember that it is with Cooper, who believes he is the one in charge in this household. ------ Hello, friends! Cooper here! It has been awhile since my Mom has let me use the computer to talk to you. She's not here right now. She's upstairs taking a shower. It was about time she did that! She was telling me that I was stinky! She should smell herself! Anyway, I don't have a lot of time before she comes down, so I need to make it quick! I spent three days away from home and last night came back and slept in Mom's bed. I don't mind visiting RGD and his cat, Bijoux, but it's nice to be at home now. Most of it is because that damned cat won't let me sleep on the chair next to her. She is a cranky old lady! Even crankier than my Mom and that's hard to do! (Don't tell her I said that!) The other things is that RGD gets me up out of bed to go outside and go potty at 5:30 in the morning! Can you imagine? At least my Mom let's me sleep in until later and we don't go out until it's light outside. Anyway.... Mom said that we would go out on a proper walk after she gets out of the shower and she puts clothes on. But we did play together this morning. I don't usually play too much, but it was fun this morning. Mom will probably start bugging me to play more often now. She likes that stuff. I just do it sometimes to humor her. Not much more to stay. I do hope that she takes me near the lakes to go on our walk. It's pretty out there. I hope it's not too cold for us. I hope you are doing fine! Love, Cooper Photo credit: My Mom took the picture
@Deepizzaguy (60639)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am doing well Cooper. Thank you for your kind comments.
Hello Mr. George! Do you have pets, too? Cooper
@Deepizzaguy (60639)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TheSojourner Yes six cats. Three male and three female. Bond, Burt and Raton Ramon. Females are The Pain, Munster Cheese and Mumps.
@Deepizzaguy wow, Mr George! That's a lot of cats! That's a lot of litter boxes too! I hope your kids help you feed them and take care of them.
You are quite a typist, Cooper. I would like to see you in action.
Hello Miss Delerious! Thank you! I'm very good, but it takes me a long time. I have trouble with the small keys on the computer. It would be easier if it were bigger buttons! Cooper
@TheSojourner .......I can understand that.
You are very attractive, Cooper, but I don´t think that you´d like my house. Mom made clear that the house was hers the moment I came and although I have the nicest and biggest doghouse I´ve ever seen, I would not dare go into her bed.
I don't take too much space up on my mom's bed
@kobesbuddy (142604)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner You need a Great Dane friend, Cooper!
@TheSojourner I´m a rather big girl, Cooper.
@kobesbuddy (142604)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You have the world's cutest face, don't ever forget that, OK? RGD is doing it military style! And the cat is just being a jerk Keep smiling Cooper!
Hi Miss Kharla. Thanks for thinking I'm cute. You know, My Mom was in military too, but she is really not a morning person. She thinks that perky morning people should be shot. Cooper
@kobesbuddy (142604)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner And your Mom is a very smart lady, Cooper! Sleeping in is a good habit, that doesn't need to be broken
@kobesbuddy I'll tell her that, Miss Kharla!
Blue's voice I'll play! You gotta ball? I love chasing. I can get to it before you can neener neener! Poppy's voice You woke me up for this?? You sound spoiled and I'd have that grouchy cat in line by now. My Dad gave me some of his beef jerky today. It kind of tasted like my usual cookies but it came from his bag so it must be the real deal. Does your Mom make you wash your feet after going outside? I hate that.
Blue....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I do not play with DOGS. *hrmph!* Poppy...I am spoiled because I DESERVE to be. And she has these stupid doggy wet wipes she buys at the pet store. Apparently, the ones she uses to wipe her butt aren't good enough for my butt or face or paws!
• Southend-On-Sea, England
Aww he looks really cute :)
Hello VT! I am rather cute, aren't I? Thanks !! Cooper
Lucky dog
Hi Ms. Chicaa! I am a lucky dog. But I hope I don't have to smell her too much! Cooper
@CarolDM (168866)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Hello there Cooper. You are looking very handsome as always. Glad you are back home with Mom. Enjoy your walks.
Thanks, Miss Carol. Mom is already telling me I am starting to look scruffy. I asked her to PLEASE not have me cut again until the spring, but she is insisting that they do a "sanitary trim" and to cut my nails. *rme* I just KNOW that those women there are going to rip my nails out someday, which is why I scream bloody murder when they cut my nails.
@CarolDM (168866)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@TheSojourner Gotta stay clean and handsome.
@CarolDM I know how to lick myself clean, well...in some places. Mom ends up wiping my face and feet and butt all the time with wet wipes. I hate that.
@wolfgirl569 (48242)
• Marion, Ohio
You look happy in that picture. Glad you got to sleep in today.
Hi Miss Eva! I am happy cuz I was playing AND cuz Mom told me she was going to let me eat some of her salmon that night with my kibble. I LOVEd the salmon.
@wolfgirl569 (48242)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner You are a very lucky boy
@wolfgirl569 Miss Eva. I think so, too. She asked me if I was prepared to pay extra for room and board though, if I'm going to eat her fresh/frozen fish.
Cooper looks so adorable!!!
Hello, MIss G. Cooper here. Thanks for the compliment! You're pretty adorable, too? You have a boyfriend?
@TheSojourner Yes, I do. Thank you
@freelancermariagrace Well, it's a good thing that you have someone to snuggle with. That's why I like my Mom. She doesn't snuggle with anyone other than ME!!!!
Cooper you just need to let your Mom know that you are in charge and not her. You could go to the door and bark when you want to go for a walk. I hope you get to go near the lakes.
Now you're talking, Miss Judy! I am in charge. I don't bark for that though. Only when I see other dogs. Or when Mom leaves me by myself in the house or in the car. Cooper
@TheSojourner You Mom has to leave you alone sometimes. But she will always return.
@jstory07 I know, Miss judy. But I like being around her.
@LindaOHio (82421)
Thanks for the update, Cooper. That picture of you is really cute. Be a good boy and don't give your mom any trouble, OK? Nothing much going on here. I am going to work some on the taxes. Do you know what they are? Hugs.
hi miss Linda. You should see the trouble Mom puts ME through! Mom says that I don't need to know what taxes are, but she just said that she SHOULD be able to take a deduction for me because of how much I am costing her. I'm not sure what that means, but that in Europe some places count us as family.
@LindaOHio (82421)
@TheSojourner Interesting. I think you should be a dependent too with vet fees, food, etc.
@LindaOHio don't forget! Doggy daycare!
@aninditasen (3829)
• Raurkela, India
Your imagination is wonderful. Enjoyed Cooper talking to us.
Hello Mrs. Anindita. Cooper here. It's very nice to meet you. My mom told me that you are a nice lady from India, and that she likes chatting iwth you. Do you have pets, too?
• Raurkela, India
@TheSojourner Yes, Cooper I do have a cat who always wants to have his own way. Look after yourself and your Mom. Nice hearing from you.
You are so cute Cooper. It's not nice at all to say that your Mom is stinky and I am sure she was not! I was pretty sure you do not appreciate cats a lot, they are selfish and want to rule. Play for a while so your Mom is happy. Good boy.
Miss Anna, YOU haven't smelled her!! It's awful! And she tries to blame her gas on ME!!! I don't mind cats. It's those other dogs I don't like!
@TheSojourner - Be nice, you should never say those horrible things about your Mom... are you blaming her for your gas? You are a small dog, I understand you dislike other dogs.
@Dena91 (16765)
Hello sweet Cooper. You have a wonderful Mom. I'm glad you have one another. Enjoy your walk and playtime.
Hi Miss Dena. She'll do in a pinch! Cooper
• Rockingham, Australia
Hi Cooper. That's a cute photo of you. I hope you enjoy your walk.
Thanks, Miss Judy. It was okay. We just went around the neighborhood. Mom didn't want to go by the water.
@FourWalls (38481)
Hey, Cooper, the Super Duper Pooper!!!! You sweet thing!!!! Does your mom tell you that I think you’re the cutest thing? If not, you can read it right here! You’re the cutest thing!!!!! Who wakes someone up at 5:30 AM to go outside? Oh, wait, Freckles (my baby, who’s been at Rainbow Bridge for 20 years now) used to wake me up at 3 AM to go outside! And I’d get up and let her out! It’s give and take with us humans, Cooper. You have to understand that. See ya later, you cute thing!!!!