Wintry Weather This Weekend

@Dena91 (16691)
I understand that not everyone likes winter or the weather that comes along with it. Perhaps because I was born in January I have always loved winter. Weathermen are talking about our area getting 4-8 inches of snow over the weekend. It would be the most snow our area has seen since 2017 when we had 11 inches with a storm. I'm not crazy about the sleet and freezing rain they are also saying may accompany the snow. But it is winter and what will be will be. I knew it would be bad this morning when I went to the grocery store. It was more crowded than usual. And the shelves were barer, especially the bread aisle. When there is snow in your area do you find different grocery items sell a lot faster than normally?
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Oh yes, we might have snow and this week and I’d be surprised if there’s bread or milk in the store.
Expecting a huge storm this weekend, luckily we have everything that we need.
@RubyHawk (49435)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@marlina we’re also expecting ice and snow but I’m hoping it plays out before it gets here. I have everything I need too. I won’t be going out.
• Rockingham, Australia
It's really only bad news about covid that affects our grocery stores. There used to be big panics every time there were public holidays of more than a day but they don't really happen any more. Even on Good Friday, some stores open.
18h
I'm seeing a lot of empty shelves again. I thought it was due to the virus. Enjoy the snow. Winter is my favorite time of year.
@Dena91 (16691)
5h
They bumped up our totals depending on which weather station we watch. One says 8-12 inches the other 6-10. I'll be happy to see it falling regardless of how much we end up with.
You know now that I am in Florida there are times I miss the snow, The weather here can get cold enough and there is no central heating and then I would rather have the snow, I mean better everything nice and white outside instead of shivering and being cold and everything remains green,
@CarolDM (167906)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I love winter as well Dena. We have snow forecasted this weekend. Bread and milk are the first items to go. Take care.
Bread is always the first to disappear from the shelves when a storm is coming. But I find that bread isn't as plentiful on the shelves even without a storm coming. The bread shelves used to be stocked to overflowing and now there's bread but not every single kind like before. A few times I had to settle for a different bread than I like. We're supposed to get that storm too and I'm hoping we get more snow than freezing rain. Happy January Birthday
Yes, in our area bottled water and milk sell out quickly. We have the same storm, I just pray the power doesn't go out again, but it seems likely. I am trying to prepare as much as I can. Stay Safe!
@cacay1 (66853)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Indeed many don't like winter it's super cold. I hate cold climate.
We are expecting a huge storm starting during the weekend,
Before AND after winter storms. People here tend to stock up before storms hit and shelves quickly empty. It's so isolated that the passes are closed after the storms and trucks can't get through to restock stores. It's a double crazy here lol.
@sinari (2630)
23h
The snow that covered this mountain was thick. I definitely can't stand the winter. I am amazed at how strong you are with winter.