Good Friday morning my lot! do you have any major snow or other storms predicted?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
all the talk on talk radio in my area all morning has been all about snow. Right now it is expected to snow about 4-8 inches starting Sunday. They say that it is practically guaranteed we will have snow. Two weeks ago we had our first snow that could be measured, but that was only 1 1/2 inches and melted in two days Around here people immediately go shopping for bread, milk, and toilet paper when they hear that we were getting a lot of snow! that is something that a lot of people do. ' I have groceries coming from Walmart on Saturday and my sister is coming to pick up my medicines from the drug stores I am relieved i don't have to go out until the beginning of February. do you have a snowstorm coming? do you have an idea of how much you will get? if or when you get snow be careful if you have to go out
@DocAndersen (55310)
sadly we have a storm predicted to arrive Sunday late afternoon. we shall see.
we have a storm coming too,
@DocAndersen (55310)
@marlina i suspect it is the same storm
@DocAndersen We live in the East
Yes, it is best to stock up on necessities and stay put.
that is what I am doing, I do think that most people will have to stay home, but that depends on the amount of snow we get i have groceries coming Saturday and my sister always picks up prescriptions is will come Saturday as i won't have enough of one to get through next week of taking it twice a day, but my doctor gave me a refill and my pharmacist said it is ready to pick up
No, we had cold days, but the coming days should be warmer and no snow.
I am happy that you are getting warmer. Have you had snow yet this winter? this is only our second one of the season
@Marty1 We had snow at the end of November, they announced warmer weather, but it's not warmer today.
@LadyDuck did you have a lot of snow at the end of November? I think we had a few snow flurry around November once or twice, but anytime there were any, they melted immediately as we had a very warm winter up until now, right now it is14 F degrees outside and not supposed to get above the low 20a today, the weather people are saying it is so cold the last few days all the snow will stick. they say now 8 - 12 inches of snow
@DaddyEvil (68444)
Good morning... The prediction here is for freezing rain/snow starting Friday night and ending on Sunday morning. I haven't seen predictions on how much snow, though.
Good morning!!!! i don't think we will have freezing rain as our coldest day n Saturday when it will be high in the 20s but i heard it will be a dry day, i think that it will be updated all day how much snow they expect us to actually get as the newscaster on the radio said to wait soon the newest update will come. it has changed a bit since i put on the radio at 5 am this morning we don't start getting any snow until sometime Sunday. first, it was overnight through Monday and then it is to start Sunday afternoon have a good and safe day!
@DaddyEvil (68444)
@Marty1 Yeah, they "update" the forecast every time another person looks at it. I'd just as soon miss the icy rain, but snow is okay while it's falling. I just don't want it to stick. I hate clearing the driveway.
@DaddyEvil you are so right! I love watching the snowfall. the only thing i hate is the shoveling! The only measurable snow, we had, this year was gone in two days and i didn't even shovel! the snow now will probably stick this weekend as tonight is supposed to go down to ten degrees and it should be a high in the low 20s tomorrow so it will be too cold to melt
@LindaOHio (82254)
They are only predicting 1-3" for us because we are further west.
I am happy for you as i know how much you hate snow.!! hooray! the problem here is that we were told after i wrote this discussion that those of us who live in the cities north of the city of Pittsburgh could get about 8 inches to a FOOT of snow and i live in a northern suburb that should get so much! i don't like snow either!
@LindaOHio (82254)
@Marty1 No. No. No. That's waaaaay too much. I hope you don't get that much. We will have to see what happens Sunday night. Take care and stay warm.
@LindaOHio I totally agree that it is way too much. I am a bit nervous as the last time we had that much snow at least one of my parents was alive. now I have to be here almost alone (i still have my kitty kat) and bad weather scares me so i am full of anxiety now is your snow expected at night on Sunday? i think we are supposed to get it starting at 1 p.m on Sunday afternoon i will take care and try to keep warm. the keeping warm might be hard as it should feel like the teens in degrees tonight and a high in the low 20s tomorrow afternoon
I haven't seen any snow yet during this winter. And none is predicted.
Does Germany often go without snow? I am surprised about the storm for where I live as we only had one minor snowfall so far this year and that didn't occur until the beginning of January and it also had a very little amount of it. i don't think we have had a snowstorm that gave us as much snow as we are predicted to get in at least five or six years. have a great weekend!
@Marty1 There is less snow now than I remember from my childhood, that's for sure.
@MALUSE where I live it seems like we go through phases where we will have several winters that have a lot of cold and snow, other times we will have several winters in a row with very little snow
@PhredWreck (6095)
We are supposed to get our first measurable snowfall of the season tonight (Friday night/Saturday morning) but only 1-1½ inches.
that is only how much that we had where I live two weeks ago. you are so lucky that you won't have 4-8 inches like we are expecting now. that means having a hard time shoveling all that snow i don't want to spend the money to pay somebody to shovel
@Marty1 Normally we've already had several 'good' snows by this time of the season, usually beginning in November, but they've passed us by up until now this time
@PhredWreck we have different types of snow every winter. last winter we had a lot of it, so much that Christmas made a record snowfall of five inches but this winter i thought it was going to skip us as we only had it once and that was not much
I pray that you won't get too much snow. To me an inch of snow is too much as here in the desert we rarely get snow.
thank you for the prayers. this morning i heard on the radio that overnight weather forecasters changed the amount of snow from 4-8 since. they now say it now should be between 8 - 12 inches i think I ever heard the term blizzard I could imagine how an inch would be too much. sort of like me who couldn't winter without snow as much as I wished i didn't live where there is snow
Many people here have a similar complaint about our dry hot spring weather. June tends to be the hottest month of the year for us.
Yes we're getting some sort of storm from Sunday into Monday here. Right now it looks as if it will start with snow and then turn to rain but who knows. All I can say is it will be a mess no matter what we get. I have a grocery scheduled for pickup tomorrow so that we have everything we need whether we get a bad storm or basically nothing at all. I'm happy to hibernate for a few days. You're in good shape if you don't have to go out until February!!
Snow from Sunday until Monday is predicted here too before i fell asleep watching TV we had a snow warning from 1 p.m, Sunday afternoon until 1 p.. Monday afternoon. i don't think that we will have rain so close in time to the snow, But since I posted this discussion there is now a chance that the northern suburbs of the suburb of the city of Pittsburgh will get from 8 inches to a FOOT of snow. the bad part is I am living in a small town north of Pittsburgh I have an order from Walmart coming Saturday that is the first time had available to deliver even though i ordered Wednesday.I may add a few more things because i didn't think we would have and how much we are getting. I need the food as i don't think i would if i have enough to be snowed on yes! i am in good shape! i started to take all my meds that my psychiatrist and everybody else wanted me to take right and my case manager has been taking me and they decided to have two months between visits! I have developed another psychiatric problem but i can problem get away with it until February! My new psychiatrist cares so much and had been working with me and does a great job, he cares! stay safe and have a good weekend!
@soymex (962)
• Bucharest, Romania
So it was here, snow, cold, but now it's hot and the sky is clear !
yiu am so lucky the weather is hot where you live! tomorrow it will be extremely cold here!
They are predicting a storm coming in Sunday,
that is when we are predicted for our big storm. we already know we will have a snow storm warning from 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon to 1 p.m. on Monday afternoon I found out before i fell asleep watching TV this afternoon those of us north of the city of Pittsburgh are really getting a lot more snow than they said when I wrote this discussion keep warm and safe!
• Rockingham, Australia
I hope the storm won't affect you. You sound pretty well prepared.
Not going out much these days since I've been really sick for weeks. We were supposed to have a storm though
@CarolDM (168666)
• Nashville, Tennessee
We have snow predictions starting tomorrow night.