A Decadent ME Day

I am off from work today. I was up really early with my hubby for coffee before he went off to work. It was so nice to take my time this morning over my coffee and not have to rush to get to work. I spent some time reading, and then a little bit of shopping. They are changing the rules for truck drivers crossing the border and I have a feeling that there will be shortages as a result. I picked up some fresh broccoli this morning, blanched it and will freeze it just to be on the safe side. This afternoon I plan on reading here and finishing the book that I am currently reading. Oh, and there is a load of laundry in the dryer that I will need to fold and put away, but that's nothing major. My hubby transferred some old pictures onto my new laptop, and I am having fun looking thru those. I love a ME day, and feel its so decadent. ~Photo is mine pre-mask this virus era
@RubyHawk (49919)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Enjoy your day. Everyone needs a little time off.
Thank you, its been a wonderfully relaxing day. I really needed this day today.
@RubyHawk (49919)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Juliaacv Imglad You could have a day to take it easy and relax.
@RubyHawk I rested my mind. That is very important when you are working in customer service for a bank during these difficult times, people are so demanding as they are under so much stress.
@kobesbuddy (142450)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I love your photo:) Thursday is my daughter's ME day, she cherishes every moment of this private time:)
Thank you. That was taken before masks were a part of anyone's regular world, except for certain hospital staff. I hope that Marilynn had a great day off yesterday. I am enjoying mine. I am looking forward to finishing the good book that I have been reading, its at that stage of the book where you cannot put it down, so I have not read because I know I need a little while to finish it. I'm finding that the keys on this new laptop are a bit closer then on my older one, I hope that I am catching my typing errors. If not I apologize. Have a great afternoon Kharla.
@kobesbuddy (142450)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv My typing errors are constant! lol Mari Lyn had a nice day, she's got the weekend off, with Christian and Aubrey. I finished one book, even though it was awful. Today, I'm starting a new book, it looks much more promising!
@kobesbuddy I spelt your daughter's name wrong-I am so sorry. I just took a quick little nap and will finish my book soon. Its a good one because it is based on a murder from the area where we lived all of our lives, so the names of the towns and cities and some of the last names of people really resonate with me. I love that.
@RebeccasFarm (56647)
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
I must say that is a beautiful photo there Julia! Of you all
Thank you. Jonathon is making that 'don't take my picture face' to my hubby. I don't know why he can be silly like that. It seems like forever ago that we did not have masks in our lives. Miss those days.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
@Juliaacv Oh I know you do..this filthy rotten virus
@CarolDM (168668)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Such a happy photo here. Taking your time is a good day. Enjoy!
Thank you. Its been a nice day, its hard to believe its mid afternoon already.
@CarolDM (168668)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Juliaacv I know, the day has gone by fast.
@gcwrites (300)
more shortages, fun
Well I wouldn't really call shortages fun, more consistent if anything.
What a beautiful photo of you and your son and daughter in law. I also like to have a more relaxed day and more time to enjoy my coffee and a book.
I just needed a day not to think, professionally, as it has been so busy and so difficult since November I think it was when it went crazy again. Offering people solutions that they cannot come up with on their own is challenging. Yesterday was decadent. Today our son tells me that it cannot be long now, his wife cannot find a position that she feels comfortable in. I reminded him that I felt that way before my due date and I still was a few more weeks before his birth. Good things come to those who wait. He is keeping their truck tank filled and ready to go when its time.
@Juliaacv - Your job is not easy and talking to people every day to offer solution is surely exhausting. I hope your daughter in law can wait some more weeks. The daughter of my cousin (she had a baby 4 months ago), told me that during a full month she could not find a position that she fell comfortable. She even slept on a recliner during some days. You are so right "good things come to those who wait."
@LadyDuck I love a good challenge, and offering solutions and financial advise during these difficult times has proven to be just that. The news last Tuesday when Klaudia had her doctor's appointment was not great. Baby A, which was always the larger of the 2, has stopped growing, her placenta is all used up and now Baby B is larger in size. The doctor told her that she was not able to tell her how long she stopped growing. They are both still very small and under-developed. The ultrasound was focused on checking each organ for blood flow. The doctor gave Klaudia a steroid shot that should help the development of the baby's lungs, this steroid will last 2 weeks. We are hoping and praying that come next Tuesday the ultrasound is good enough that they allow her to go another week, if not, she will be hospitalized. They are both understandably concerned and frightened. As are we. But my hubby and I are strong, we went thru this ourselves 31 years ago, and there have been so many medical advancements since then, and in the end, we realize, and we told them, that if they need anything, a reassuring word of confidence, or anything, we are always here.
• Nairobi, Kenya
Your photo is so bright and beautiful
Thank you, I believe that we were eating at a patio on the beach when that was taken.
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Juliaacv that's awesome! The three of you are so beautiful
@mildredtabitha Oh thank you.
@GooglePlus (3461)
ME day helps you to stay focused. Respect!!! And I appreciate that you did most of your regular stuffs with your ME day. When I call it as ME day, I usually don't do my regular stuffs wait, Please don't call me - work dodger or with any synonym for someone who avoids to work. I am kind of slow in doing things, but yeah I complete them. Oh yes forgot to tell you Nice picture
Thank you. I'd never resort to calling anyone anything, about work, or anything else-no worries here.
@Juliaacv My mom calls me that
Me days are so nice. What a cute picture! Glad you have all those pictures to look through and make you smile
Thanks, it was a super relaxing day. Today my hubby is working as they are doing inventory, and he didn't know when he'd be home. I made his favorite soup, and thought that when he gets back we can have grilled cheese sandwiches with it. They don't take long to make. I should text him soon and see how its going.
@Juliaacv no grilled cheese are pretty quick.
Me days are always good, and you deserve it!
Thank you, it was so decadent. Today I have been busy, dusting, vacuum cleaning, mopping and baking cookies. I still need to scrub and shine the bathroom.
@Juliaacv Very ambitious of you...
@snowy22315 Not really, my hubby worked a 12 hour day yesterday and will likely do the same today, so I have competition so to speak. I don't know how he does it.
Ahhh remember those days of pre-mask wearing!! great picture Glad you enjoyed your ME day
We used to always see some people wearing masks during the flu season, it was usually the Asians. I had to run out this morning for some dates and spices to bake cookies for my hubby, and that cloth mask helped me feel a bit warmer, its bitterly cold outside today.
@Juliaacv my daughter has been wearing a mask when she walks the dogs. Not so much that she'll be in close contact with anyone but it keeps her face warm and the cold doesn't go into her lungs (she has asthma)
• Rockingham, Australia
We are starting to have a lot of supply issues here too. Not enough fit workers to pick produce, fill trucks, fill shelves, drive trucks, etc. A new sign of the times.
We have battled thru that both years of this pandemic because our workers come to Canada in time for the seasonal planting, but they were blocked because of the virus. There has been a terrible shortage of truck drivers.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv The shortages are only just starting to really hit us. We have kept our numbers lower until now but it's really starting to go pear-shaped lately.
Enjoy your Friyay, hopefully it'll turn out to be more fun than you thought it would.
Thank you, its been a wonderful day really. Laid back and relaxing, just like I hoped it would be.
That is a great picture of you three ! Mybe it will prove that you had a foresight to get in those fresh vegetables.
Thank you, this picture was taken before the pandemic and masks.
When you work it is nice to have a day off.
It is nice. It felt like alot not having any extra days off over the holidays, but time passes quickly as these days off are from then.
I love looking through photos too. That’s a lovely one.
Thank you. I have as of yet to go thru all of the old photos, but I will.
Love the photo!
Thank you, I think that was taken the summer before Mr Covid came to town.
@Fleura (18452)
Just having a bit of time to yourself is a luxury : )
Today has been that.