Born To Be Wild

Daytona Beach, Florida
Now you're in for it. I was posting about songs that mentioned places in Europe but I think I ahve taken that as far as I want to take it. So what else? Well, I have chosen to take up vocabulary that refers to things out of the ordinary. So I begin with the word wild and boy, was I surprised about the choice of songs with wild in the title, So for a while, we are all going to have a wild time. We begin with "Born To Be Wild." I don't know how many of you remember the TV show "Coach" starring Craig T. Nelson but it was a really funny comedy that blended friendship with mishaps, sport, and even romance. In one episode the coach purchases some motorcycles and he does not want his wife to find out. So he and an assistant are in his office on the motorcycle imagining how it would be to get on the road and "Born to Be Wild" was the song playing. The song was recorded by the band Steppenwolf. It was written by Mars Bonfire, It became a song identified with a bike culture and was featured in the 1969 movie "Easy Rider." The song has been referred to as the first heavy metal song having the lyric in the second verse "heavy metal thunder." It was the first time this term was used in rock music and was actually meant to refer to a motorcycle.
AboutPressCopyrightContact usCreatorsAdvertiseDevelopersTermsPrivacyPolicy & SafetyHow YouTube worksTest new features© 2022 Google LLC
@CarolDM (169058)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Never get tired of this song. Now it is in my head. Thanks for the link.
@DocAndersen (55524)
Of course, it is an excuse. I can be wild, I was born to be that way! love the song great choice!
I guess it figures that somewhere along the line my nerve3s got shakey when I was born one of the top songs was All Shook Up @DocAndersen
@DocAndersen (55524)
@RasmaSandra it is the way of the world. we each have our theme songs!
@LindaOHio (82514)
I remember this song very well. A classic.
Nice song
• Rockingham, Australia
This is a great song. I love it.
@FourWalls (38509)
Not me, I was born to be mild. Love the song, but I really hate the ending of that movie.