What Happened to Good Ol' Comet?

These days when shopping, it is hard to find the products you know and love. I have noticed this about Comet specifically for a couple of years now. It seems a lot of these cleaning products and other things are non existent anymore. Referring to Comet , I love the old product, the green powder I mean. These days it seems you can only get the Comet with bleach and they have totally changed the powder. It does not scrub as well, like it used to. The powder is fine and pretty useless. Even the new kind is hard to get and the price is outrageous now. Has anyone else noticed this about any product you love or even Comet too?
There are a few thing like that, but none spring to mind at the moment. I mentioned it on here before, Blackjack gum no longer has the same pigment in it, it once has and is now grayish..someone probably figured out they could save half a cent a ton or something by removing it. Other things too really..
Oh my goodness! I loved blackjack gum! I didn't think they made it anymore. I also liked Beeman's and Clove.
Yeah Snowy..stuff like that
@Sojourn (13016)
A quick glance at the picture made me believe to be some energy drink popular in the past decades, but turned out to be some washing powder.
Yes it is a cleaner Jojo but you would not drink it
@Sojourn (13016)
@RebeccasFarm It would clean my stomach out
@TheSojourner (42179)
I switched to bar keepers powder for scouring a number of years ago and really like it. But it's not as cheap as, it was. But I don't know how much comet is right now.
Yeah Bar Keepers is good but I still want my old Comet back
@RebeccasFarm *laughs* I get it. And I want candy corn to taste like it did back when I was five. I won't touch the crap now. LOL
Oh my gosh - I forgot all about Comet! My mom used to use that all the time (before that she used Ajax, is that still around?). It happens with Trader Joe food products at times. One day it gets discontinued, they might find another vendor to bring it back, but then it tastes different. So disappointing.
I know what is happening
@RebeccasFarm I think so too .
I haven't bought Comet in a long time so I didn't even know they changed it. I like Scott toilet paper (2 ply) but I swear they changed it. It just seems very thin and more like single ply than what I remember. Then again it could just be me
I know what you mean Marilyn..cheapskates
@RebeccasFarm absolutely. Cutting corners everywhere
• Rockingham, Australia
We have had a few products that have disappeared off the shelves.
You too Judy
@Ronrybs (15127)
• London, England
Never seen this one, but I guess it is all that business consolidation that eliminates the smaller selling brand in favour of the big seller. It all comes down to money, in the end
Yes all money.
@lovebuglena (35172)
• Staten Island, New York
I never bought Comet. I used to buy Ajax. These days some stuff we need is hard to find and way overpriced. The nerve of these people to charge so much.
Right..so much money it costs now even if you find it