Administrative Announcement: Please Read.

This photo shows the Most Recent Discussion previews. The preview is to give you a general idea of what a discussion is about so you can decide if you want to join in on the discussion. Lately, I have seen several discussions where the entire body of the discussion can be read in the 170 characters (with photo, 184 without) available for a preview of the discussion. If your entire discussion does not even fill the preview, there is a 97.936% chance it is going to get deleted for lack of substance. I'm not expecting several paragraphs for a discussion (although if you wish to write that much, by all means please do so), but I am expecting more than a few short sentences. Just a general FYI.
@porwest (53301)
Very good information. I know that I make my best effort to produce as much content as possible. In fact, some around here might sometimes think of me as a "windbag." lol. I hope that while some of my content may be "controversial," it is at least also "substantive."
@bunnybon7 (51430)
• Holiday, Florida
I often feel the same@porwest
@JimBo452020 (42935)
• Montrose, Scotland
Windbag. Aye
@porwest (53301)
@JimBo452020 lol. Thanks.
@kobesbuddy (150961)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is only fair, from my viewpoint. The discussion should have enough reading involved, to draw the interest of our friends on My Lot.
@bunnybon7 (51430)
• Holiday, Florida
exactly
@kobesbuddy (150962)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@bunnybon7 "Good night friends, I'm going to bed!" This discussion shouldn't ever be considered a conversation.
@Aquitaine24 (10681)
• San Jose, California
I used to write super long posts . . . I am still learning how to be as brief as possible . I can't even write that short of a post even if I tried . Thank you for the FYI .
Me either, I guess I always think I have to explain everything. I know I overdo it at times, but I guess that's better than ''what can I eat right now?'' LOL
@MarieCoyle I used to have the need to put down every detail so the reader can fully understand me . . . but I know that can drive folks away . I don't think you overdo it . . . to me your posts are like what Goldilocks thought of Little Bear's porridge . . . it's jusssssssst right . Right - or what are your favorite pizza toppings?
@much2say Thanks, I love the compliment. I love to read, so I always think everyone else should love to read, too. I came here for the interaction, so that's what I try to do.
@CarolDM (187008)
Agree with the rules and explanation.
@MarieCoyle (5660)
I prefer it when people get ''wordy.'' It makes for a better discussion. I no doubt get too descriptive at times, but I can't help myself. Thank you for this.
• Perth, Australia
@MarieCoyle I can be like that too. I feel so bad with how wordy I can get sometimes as I don't want to give MyLotters too much to read but sometimes a wordy post explains what's happening the best.
@MarieCoyle Sometimes being a little 'wordy' is better since there is more material to respond to. I've seen where a 'wordy' post gets many responses from members who may only be replying to a portion of the post.
@VivaLaDani13 Well, after all this is a reading site, built with words that are written by all of us. Reading is pretty much required here. So if I were you, I wouldn't feel bad about being wordy!
I've seen a few like that lately. I'll even say something to them in comments. So. Which IS better, Coke or Pepsi?
@DaddyEvil (82271)
Code Red Mt. Dew.
@DaddyEvil I'm liking this new raspberry ginger ale. Code Red is like the old Tahitian Treat only with caffeine. I still like Cherry Coke best.
@DaddyEvil (82271)
@Vikingswest1 I don't like ginger anything. Ginger always bites and I'm tender. I've never heard of Tahitian Treat. And I don't like Coke or Pepsi.
Good to know, thanks for the explanation.
I fully agree and I am glad of this decision. I am going to suggest this discussion... this will take a while.
Thanks for your suggestion !
@changjiangzhibin89 - You are welcome. I know that you do not write two liners post, but I suggested to all my list.
Thank you very much.
I do my best to make it a bit longer but all too often I run out of things to say about a subject and end up with 3 or 4 lines. Sorry about that.
That is fine. I'm talking about extremely short 'discussions' that may say something like "I'm really hungry today, but I can't decide what I want for lunch" or something of the like. Just a short statement with nothing to really discuss.
Ohh, those. I hate those. People should be able to write more than something that dumb. Isn't the object of your site to engage in discussions?
@artemeis (4206)
Something long awaited here. I am totally in support of this and thank the admin here for the foresight and moving forward here.
@RubyHawk (63472)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I agree although a short discussion of mine was deleted. I’ve seen other discussions just as short but that’s water over the dam . I’m all for more than a couple of sentences in a discussions.
@RebeccasFarm (65357)
That is fair.
@Gillygirl (47091)
• Sutton, England
Thanks for the reminder. @ladyduck thanks for the suggestion
You are welcome, but I know you do not write "two lines" posts.
@Gillygirl (47091)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck I don't like seeing discussions like that. I saw a one liner this afternoon. It was merely a question. I reported it
@Gillygirl I also reported one yesterday, it was just a question, no content.
@Fleura (20430)
Totally agree, a post of that length is really just a short comment, and thanks to @LadyDuck for suggesting this.
You are welcome Fleur.
• Rockingham, Australia
Thanks @PhredWreck for the suggestion. I have to admit I'm getting a bit tired of the really short discussions.
@Shiva49 (24468)
I like to have food for thought in our discussions and meaningful responses. Otherwise, it is shallow in content.
Good to know. And I think this is fair and square.
I always felt like a pest for how long my posts are, and for that reason haven't been coming around as much. but I find that I am a loquacious person at heart who has a big problem not writing enough for a book each time i write something =)
@DaddyEvil (82271)
You do just fine, in my opinion. You give people several things they can pick and choose to talk to you about. There's nothing wrong with that!
@DaddyEvil you are such a nice guy! others just tell me i talk or write too much! I don't know how you would feel about me if we chatted in person!
@DaddyEvil (82271)
@Marty1 I honestly don't know if we'd like each other or not. I like you on myLot, though.
@dpk262006 (58697)
I feel some users start a discussion just for the sake of it so that they could elicit responses. If a discussion has some sum and substance, others feel good to respond to it. Thanks for the valuable information for all the users. PS - Thanks @LadyDuck for drawing my attention to this post.
Hello, I am glad to see you around, I hope you are well.
@dpk262006 (58697)
@LadyDuck I am doing well. Thanks for asking. I just do not find time to come on mylot due to busy schedule, yet I will try to be here.
@dpk262006 I can understand, we have some busy times and less time to be online.
@sjvg1976 (32884)
That's a good decision as I used to see lots of such discussions here.
@DaddyEvil (82271)
Yup! And I'd report them when I saw them. How have you been doing? Anything new going on at home?
@sjvg1976 (32884)
@DaddyEvil nothing new. Just busy at work, lots of work pressure these days we have.
@DaddyEvil (82271)
@sjvg1976 I think work is keeping a lot of people more occupied than they want to be lately.