And here come the Twittiots

Olney, Illinois
If you use REAL math, poor poor Elon just went severely into debt if he did that. 330 million times one million comes to 330 TRILLION dollars. Or $329,960,000,000,000 more than what Musk paid for Twitter (even though the actual figure is 44 billion not 40). Real math says if Elon split the 44 billion between 330 Americans we'd get about $133 dollars each. That might fill the gas tank...
That guy cannot make a simple calculation... he is missing some zeros and some wheels in his brain.
@kobesbuddy (152741)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LadyDuck He needs to take a simple math class at third grade level!
@kobesbuddy He really needs, some are idiots.
• Walnut Creek, California
And we have to deal with these people every day without knowing it.
@wolfgirl569 (58181)
• Marion, Ohio
I would have been happy with 133
That post had a lot of likes and retweets, lol.
• Olney, Illinois
There are a lot of Twittiots
@FourWalls (45630)
That’s the old American “I saw it on Twitter so it MUST be true!!!!!” mentality.
@PhredWreck The importance of reading needs to be highlighted here.
@kobesbuddy (152741)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The wealthy strive towards fattening their wallets, while the middle class flounders to put food on the table. It's a crime, yet they never seem to get caught
@FourWalls (45630)
Most Americans don’t like math (and are ferociously illiterate in the science [trust me, I had to grade papers on state assessment tests]), so you could tell them 1+1=6,305,485,742 and they’d buy it.
@Chellezhere (10211)
My son (now 26) came home with math homework in elementary school. I forget which grade he was in then. But one "math" problem was something like "Sally had five apples, and Jimmy took two. How did that make Sally feel?" He asked my mom for help with it, and she said, "ticked off." But to this day, we still cannot figure out how that was even math. But you are right about the general public's math skills. I can see it when my grocery bill comes to $63.75, and I hand the clerk $103.75. "Uh! You gave me too much money."
@sabtraversa (13393)
Don't be too strict towards that boy, it happens to miss "a few" zeroes. $133 is probably what we are worth in personal data, or a little less, as Twitter has about 400M users. Still, I'd earn way more on myLot if I were to share my personal data such as my breakfast routine.
@CarolDM (187519)
Love that word. Twittiots. Nuff said.
@Chellezhere (10211)
It is pretty cool! I wish I had thought of it back in 2010 when I left Twitter because of all the politics.
@CarolDM (187519)
@Chellezhere I agree with you. I have always stood on the sidelines with Twitter. No reason to be there, but maybe soon.
@Chellezhere (10211)
@CarolDM Yes, we shall see. But in truth, I believe you may already know where I have been hanging out in the meantime.
@solidcodes (1353)
Buying Twitter is the most stupid investment by Elon Musk.
• Olney, Illinois
He'll make his money back, that's all that matters.
@averygirl72 (32859)
I just heard about Elon Musk once in Youtube but I really don't know him a lot
@MarieCoyle (6780)
Quoting a quote, ''they walk among us, and they reproduce.'' Doomed.
@BarBaraPrz (37562)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
It just might.
@May2k8 (16559)
Maybe it's still not all that he spends to pay for it, maybe there's other income that he's keeping a secret.
That guy must be using the "new" math for his calculations.
@TheSojourner (51511)
But if you take into account the interest that he is making and possibilities of his other income based on the market shares. We might get $140.
• Walnut Creek, California
As Stephen Wright said, half of the people we know are below average.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
It wouldn't fill out gas tank. Lol stupid truck.
@crossbones27 (44278)
• Redlands, California
Who cares about that he clearly aligned himself with Trump and if people so silly to go that route you deserve to be poor and robbed of a family a house a dog. No one knows what his plans are but his little lets bring hate back kind of makes it clear this is going to be a disaster. He may be a billionaire but you all do know he was funded big time in ways the average person will never know. While many of people could not pull that off because not saying its easy does not mean it works either. Just make corrupt men more corrupt and corrupt people buy what corrupt people are saying.
@JimBo452020 (42611)
• Montrose, Scotland
You are good at Maths I can never work this stuff out But he could give all 330 million people say $100 That wouldnt break his bank Would it?
@porwest (55229)
Any time I see something like this it leaves me NO question why these people are poor. lol
@psanasangma (5572)
I want to type on search engine bar as "Is Elon Musk Business man, investor .. etc ?
@Chellezhere (10211)
That might be fun. Send everyone who has made the switch a $133.00 Exxon card and see if they know where to pump the gas into their electric vehicles.