The Judd Family is Speaking Out about Matriarch's Death

It seems that what many had suspected about Naomi Judd's death on April 30th is true: Naomi Judd did, indeed, take her own life. The cause of death was from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Her daughter, Ashley Judd, shared this information with the public on "Good Morning America," as well as sharing that she was the one who discovered her mother's body. The family agreed that Ashley would be the spokesperson to share, and shed light on the importance of mental health becoming a topic that is talked about more openly. (Link to article below)
So sad. The worst part of the whole story was that Ashley was at the house that day. Her mother asked Ashley to stay with her. She went outside to greet a guest. When she returned in the house her mother had already shot herself. I cannot imagine the guilt and trauma that Ashley is feeling right now.
I can only imagine, at this point, what that would be like. It's such a tragic story.
@TheSojourner I can't imagine hanging myself or shooting myself in the head.
@NJChicaa nor could i.
I have read that she killed herself. I am so sorry for her daughter, it must have been such a shock.
@TheSojourner - I wonder why, she was famous, she was loved, we know so very little of the human mind.
@LadyDuck I asked myself the same thing when Robin Williams took his life. We just don't know.
@LadyDuck 10 years ago on the 29th of May, I nearly took my life. Just two weeks earlier, I received the news that I had 6 months to a year to live. The rest is history. It's why I don't care much for doctors anymore. At least one certain one. I'm grateful that I did not take my life that day. I was within minutes, when my phone rang.
I hope they get the privacy we all would desire.
I think, for the most part, that they are getting it. But I also think that because of their celebrity status, it is one of the reasons they have chosen to speak more publicly about it. Whether we like it or not, when we live in the limelight, we have a lot more influence in some ways than Joe Public. As hard as it is, I appreciate that the family is able to shed some light on this mental health issue and its result. It's certainly is not easy,
@sharon6345 I understand about the darkness. More than I wish I did. Hugs
@SonjaRae (5564)
Oh my goodness. I had not heard about a self-inflicted gunshot. I assumed that it would’ve been an overdose.
I thought the same thing, initially.
@SonjaRae (5564)
@TheSojourner Tragic, just tragic
• Walnut Creek, California
1h
I haven't had the time yet to research what was going on in the senior Judd's life and what would lead her to kill herself.
1h
Well Jim Bauer has some ideas as to what causes these things. I invite you to read through the discussion.
@LindaOHio (91367)
Yes, I read about this. This is so hard on the family.
I agree.
@yoalldudes (33318)
I saw part of the interview with Judd. I think she left a sweet letter filled with love.
I did not see the interview. I can only imagine the difficulty and speaking about it
• Rockingham, Australia
That's very sad. Luckily, more and more are speaking up about their mental health issues.
I do hope that the families opening up about this will certainly give certain other people the opportunity to speak openly about it. The stigma on mental health issues is so profound that many hide the struggles
@wolfgirl569 (53324)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad they are talking about it now. It could help a lot of people.
I hope so.
@kaylachan (32900)
I just saw a headline about that. Tragic really. A percent saturation to a temporary problem.
It is so tragic. I'm not sure what you meant by, "A percent saturation to a temporary problem," however.