A Warm Friday

Finally it is Friday. Yesterday felt like Friday for me, so that is why I say finally. We are in a warm spell here. I think that we had a few hours of spring weather last Saturday, ever since, its been early summer weather and hot. Today is starting out that way also. I have a doctor's appointment this morning. It will be nice when they go back to in office appointments. I need to fast after midnight tonight for a diagnostic test that I have tomorrow morning. It is an early appointment so once I finish the day will be mine and I can go about my regular activities and eat and drink. I have a feeling that this will result in another phone appointment with my doctor to get the results. Happy Friday everyone!
I hope your doctor's appointment is going well Julia, my best wishes.
Thank you. I got a little anxious during the testing, but I focused on some positive thoughts and took a deep breath and got thru it. It lasted 30 minutes.
@Juliaacv - Those tests are annoying, is over now, I hope it's nothing serious.
@LadyDuck I hope so too. Spending time with my son and granddaughters today made up for the worry that has kept me awake these past few weeks.
@CarolDM (182607)
Enjoy your Friday and weekend. I hope the appointment goes well. Take care.
Thank you, its an uncomfortable test to undergo, but I will have happy thoughts in my head to get me thru it.
@CarolDM (182607)
@Juliaacv I always go to my happy place when I am not comfortable . Will be thinking of you.
@CarolDM Thank you, I was upset by some of our discussion during my appointment today.
@oahuwriter (22583)
Hope you get a good checkup! I went to my ophthalmologist Thursday. Good checkup. After my fasting and blood draw, U always treat myself.
That is wonderful news that you had a good check up. I will peel and slice up an apple and bring it in a container so that I have it in the car while I drive back home after my appointment. That should make all right after the fasting.
@oahuwriter (22583)
@Juliaacv Gosh, your good! I usually head for Taco Bell.
@oahuwriter Apples are very filling, so that was why I choose an apple.
It is always a relief after a fast to return to normality. Hope all goes well with your appointments.
Yes, I like to return to normal afterwards too. This is 2 Saturdays in a row that I have had to fast. I will be seeing my doctor in his office a week from today, this is as a result of my phone appointment today. I have a raised area of red skin on my arm that I have expressed concern over. It bleeds often and is a mess, so he will finally see me in the office which I have not been into since 2019.
@Juliaacv Do you recall hitting your arm or being bitten , possibly by a very tiny insect?
@Kandae11 No, not at all. I did wonder if it was my skin reacting to the covering on my arm rests on my office chair, but I have a softer cloth on it for my skin to make contact with.
@Morleyhunt (21773)
Have a great weekend. Spring has finally arrived in the Maritimes. The trees are budding, the tulips and daffodils are blooming.
Thanks. Its great to see you back again. Its been in the low 30's here the past few days. Our trees are popping with blooms and leaves coming out.
@Morleyhunt (21773)
@Juliaacv life just seems to be keeping me occupied with other things.
@Morleyhunt I can relate. I have been grieving and sorting thru feelings lately. We are coming up to my mother's first anniversary of her passing, and my Dad's anniversary is just a couple of weeks after. Perspective really changes after both parents are gone. Its not as cut and dry as some would think.
It sounds like you're ready for some rest, and cooler relaxation!
I am looking forward to the weekend. I just finished my telephone appointment with the doctor. I have raised a concern several times since he began doing these phone appointments over 2 years ago about a raised red area on the back of my right arm. I wonder what it is, it itches, bleeds, and pains me, he is concerned with skin cancer, but I hope that it is just a patch of eczema or something, but regardless he needs to see me in person and I actually was 'lucky' enough to get an appointment for a week from today, in the afternoon, as I have it off. I will be relieved when he sees this as I cannot buy anything over the counter to reduce its bright red appearance, and with the heat coming on I cannot cover my arm with long sleeves. Fingers crossed it isn't anything too terrible.
@Juliaacv I'll be praying. I am so glad they are going to see you in person.
@AmbiePam Thank you. Since I do not go out much and it has been cool, wearing 3/4 length sleeves hasn't been an issue, but I cannot do that any longer. Yesterday I must have scratched it while I was working because I noticed blood on my fingernails. I quickly disinfected it and cleaned up the towel on the arm rest of the chair.
@KityCat (7016)
I hope you had a nice day , its Saturday for me now !
It is very early Saturday morning here now. I will go for my early appointment within the hour.
@KityCat (7016)
• Rockingham, Australia
I hope your test is on time so you will be able to have something to eat before you are even more famished.
I am the first appointment so it should be on time. I will cut and slice up an apple and have it waiting for me in the car to nibble on while I drive back home again. That will fill my tummy.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv That's a very good idea - unless you go past an ice-cream shop first! lol
I hope the warm weather will continue for months.
I like the warm weather, but the heat that we had today was a bit much.
It's kinda hot here at 91f but the humidity is only 2%
I hope the doctor's chat went well. Saturday now of course. Enjoy your day with son and babies!
Thanks. The doctor's appointment went alright. I did manage to get an in office appointment for next Friday. I have a spot on one of my arms that he needs to see, so he couldn't get out of booking me in for that. I had my testing done this morning, and the technician told me that my doctor would have a report early next week, so maybe I will hear about that next Friday as well. Its another hot day. I am patiently waiting for our son and the girls to roll up.
@Dena91 (17682)
I hope everything goes well with your appointments. We had a couple of days of "spring" weather and like you, we are going to jump right into summer weather in the next day or so.
Thank you. I will leave within the hour for my appointment. I think that we had a few hours of spring weather last Saturday and its been hot summer weather ever since. But that should break and we should return to seasonable temperatures next week.
I hope that your tests go well.
Thanks you. I do not look forward to that test, but hope for good results. Afterwards, my hubby and I will go out grocery shopping and then our son and I will go fun shopping together.
Happy Friday coffee buddy. Your coffee picture always makes me smile Hope all goes well with your doctor appointment Our doctor is back in the office but we still have the option of in person or tele-health call.
Thanks, as hot as it was today I enjoyed a couple of cups of coffee. I hope that you did the same. I do not think that my doctor will go back to in person appointments unless it is for something that he needs to see. I have an appointment for next Friday for a spot on my arm.
And another and another!
But a little bit cooler, it was too hot for me today. Next week will be a bit cooler.
@wolfgirl569 (53819)
• Marion, Ohio
My doctor never stopped office visits. They just spaced them farther apart
I have to see the doctor quarterly for lab results and prescription refills based on those lab results, so he has never spaced out my appointments. I have a few health issues that he has to keep his eye on.