Good News

We awoke to good news this morning. My hubby's 7 siblings were in a group chat on their phones. Last night a younger sister started a thread that her youngest daughter just got engaged. She is the 'baby' of her generation. It was nice to have a good news chat like that. We have had enough of the bad news texts over heath concerns and deaths. This morning my son picked me up to go shopping. That was alot of fun. We did not go to the mall that I was hoping we would. Instead we went to a couple of sports stores, one of which was a golf store. We stopped in at the baby's store before we came back here. truth be told, I spent more on the babies then I did on our son. I bought them their first brand name workout jacket and pants, and 3 short rompers, a dress and each an adorable white sun hat with tiny little red maple leaves on them. They have to wear these for Canada Day at least. I think that they will be able to wear them all summer long-I hope so, they are super cute. Funny thing I noticed is that those babies are real head turners. People stop and smile and talk to us asking if they are identical twins. Our son is used to it, I was not. They made alot of people smile. When they babble their version of I love you people laughed. ~Photo is mine
22h
I am so glad about the great news from your hubby's siblings. Those little hats must be so nice, I hope you can get a photo of the twins wearing their "Canada Day" hat. Your babies are so cute that I am not surprised that people smile at them and ask if they are identical twins.
21h
Thank you. The niece that got engaged is like a sister to our son, they are so close. I bought the girls each a pretty white cotton dress with blue flowers on it, and a white shirt to go under it, as the dress is kind of strappy, the little hats will look adorable with that outfit. I hope that they take lots of pictures next weekend when they go away and we will get lots after that.
19h
@Juliaacv I hope they will take plenty of photos, those babies are so beautiful. They are changing growing up, they are very similar, I imagine that people take them for identical twins.
19h
@LadyDuck We see that Willow is longer, as she has always been, but as she gains weight it goes to her length and that adorable little Harper the weight gain goes to her plumpness. She has the cutest chubby cheeks. My hubby and I give thanks that they are growing, they were so tiny for so long. Both had no body fat, seeing dimples is a welcome sight at just 3.5 months.
So are they identical twins? I can't remember if I asked you this before.
22h
Everyone asks if they are identical, they look identical to others, but they are fraternal and we can tell them apart. Originally we thought that Harper had her Mom's complexion, which is very fair, but now that she has sensitive skin, our son wonders if she has my colouring. These things change during the first 6 months or so.
21h
Oh no, I hope she isn't going to have skin allergies, I can't wear a lot of fabrics that other women can so I am stuck with either cotton or silk and I don't care much for the things I've seen that is made of silk plus it's really hard to maintain. I also have to use fragrance free detergents etc, it's a beach.
21h
@rebelann So far she cannot tolerate baby wipes, they must use a regular soft cloth and warm water to wash her bottom. She may outgrow this, but my skin has always been sensitive as long as I can remember. Our son had sensitive skin, which he outgrew. I couldn't use laundry soap on any of his things until he was about 14 months old. I had to do a hot water wash and hope for the best.
@Gillygirl (47044)
• Sutton, England
19h
They are so cute. I like buying for mine too. Millie took her first steps a few days ago
19h
Thank you. Twins are adorable, regardless if they are identical or fraternal. Way to go Millie, good girl, your Canadian Nanny is proud of you honey.
@Gillygirl (47044)
• Sutton, England
19h
@Juliaacv They certainly are lol. I will pass your comment on to Millie lol. Phoebe is happy crawling and doesn't have the inclination to walk yet
19h
@Gillygirl She has her entire life to walk, she can be carried for the time being. Willow likes to stand when we hold her.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I am glad you have good news to share. Congrats on the engagement. I can see you going crazy seeing all those tiny clothes and wanting all of them but could not buy all that you found but, bought what you could for the babies. It does not surprise me that you spent more for the babies than you did for your son. They are such tiny things to spoil and he is all grown up and still can be spoiled but not like the babies.
23h
We really did have alot of fun together, that was the reason for the outing. Our son almost picked up a pair of new golf shoes, but he was torn, so he settled on just a regular pair of Nike shoes. He needed a new pair, and they are going away next weekend, so they will get some use then. The twins got lots and lots of different clothing, most of which will fit them right now, only 1 outfit won't fit for a few more months.
• Israel
20h
@Juliaacv I am so glad you had a lot of fun. Nikes are nice to get. I have not worn them in ages. Since he needed a new pair of Nikes good thing he got them. I hope the twins will not outgrow their clothing so will need more than the outfit that they can wear in a few more months.
19h
@Hannihar The shopping trip was my treat, I wish that he would have gotten something else for himself.
@Hytton03 (5354)
Oh the baby so cute. Yeah right people wil love them.
22h
Yes, they really do generate a buzz which I never dreamed would happen to the extent that it did.
@Hytton03 (5354)
15h
@Juliaacv Happy for you. . I hope more pictures for cute babies.
15h
@Hytton03 Thanks.
• Midland, Michigan
It sounds like you had a nice time even though you didn't make it too the mall.
21h
Yes, we had a nice time together. I love to spoil our son and the twins, and I did get to do that. I still have to go shoe shopping for myself, maybe next weekend.
• Midland, Michigan
18h
@Juliaacv hopefully that will work out. I need to buy shoes too and a new bra and I'm looking looking for a shrug to wear with a dress too a wedding
18h
@MarshaMusselman I went shopping and came home with nothing for myself. I will go out shopping for me on another weekend.
Congratulations to the newly engaged couple! Baby shopping is too much fun . Twinsies are people magnets . They are so adorable and I'm sure the family gets stopped A LOT!
Yes, a wedding to look forward to. I'm not sure how long of an engagement they will have before the big day, but I look forward to it. In the golf store, 3 teenagers who worked there all congregated over in our area looking at the twins. They were so young, and even the boys said that they were so cute. Buying for 2 adds up, so I put a dent into that for them for some cooler clothes.
@Juliaacv Exciting times for the family - wedding bells in the near future . Oh, that's true . . . the baby stuff already adds up with 1, I can only imagine buying for 2 ! Awwww . . . the twins get so much attention ! Cuteness overload !
23h
@much2say I don't mind spending on the twins, that is what Nannies do for their grands. Our son mentioned that they may be going away for the long weekend next weekend, so they will have lots of new clothes to pack for the girls.
People love babies and twins are even more interesting.
I have never gone out of my way to speak to anyone with a baby that I didn't know, but people do, and that is fun. I even had a few people tell me that I am a lucky lady as they are so adorably cute. Hearing them babble just melts my heart.
@Juliaacv Just wait until they call you by name.
@CarolDM (181897)
Oh my goodness. My heart needed to see this sweetness. I can see where they will always bring smiles. Such an inspiration for so many. Happy you all had a pleasant time out today.
When they babble, it sounds like 'agoo' but to us grandparents and their parents, we swear they are saying 'I love you'. Willlow is a Granddaddy's girl, she just loves being with him, they are on the same wave length I think. They both recognize our faces and respond with smiles and giggles and agoos.
@CarolDM (181897)
@Juliaacv Well of course that is what they are saying.
@oahuwriter (22481)
Yes, twins are special! Leave it to grandma to dote, part of the fun of being grandparents. Congratulations to your sister in law!
22h
Thank you, our sister-in-law is quite happy. Both of her daughters are in their late 20's so its time to walk the aisle and live happily ever after.
@oahuwriter (22481)
11h
@RubyHawk (58840)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Everyone stops to comment on babies. I do too. I ask their name and say how cute they are.
21h
We had alot of that too, people asking their age and their name and if they are identical.
@RubyHawk (58840)
• Atlanta, Georgia
12h
@Juliaacv I think everyone loves babies.
19h
Sounds like you had a good day even if you didn't get to the mall. Those babies are going to be the best dressed with all the cute things you bought them. Congratulations on the engagement. I'm sure it was exciting news to hear and something to smile about
18h
Yes, it was a fun time together. I still need to get to the mall for a pair of new flip flops, but I will do that another weekend. Today I am hibernating from the heat and strong sun. We are really excited about the news of the wedding. I am looking forward to when they release a wedding date.
@aninditasen (4571)
• Raurkela, India
20h
Nice you enjoyed your shopping. Babies always bring joy into our life.
19h
They are our future and that brings a smile to most people's faces, and twins brings even more smiles. Its so great to see you, I haven't been on the site as often as I used to be and have missed you.
22h
For many people seeing babies is a treat. I am glad you got to go shopping and had good news.
21h
Seeing 2 of them seems to be what attracts so many on-lookers. It was nice to see people happy especially given the times we are coming out of.
@Morleyhunt (21514)
Shopping with babies always brings smiles.
22h
This is my first go at shopping with babies, 31 years ago shopping with my own son brought smiles, twins generate alot of attention, all of which was positive and happy. That is nice to be a part of.
Your post makes my heart so happy.
22h
Oh good, that makes me feel happy.
@wolfgirl569 (53232)
• Marion, Ohio
Sounds like you still had fun
22h
Yes, even though I did not get anything, it was a fun time together.
@kaylachan (32883)
It's always nice to wake up to good news. More power to you.
Yes it was, thanks.
@Aquitaine24 (10410)
• San Jose, California
Your son doesn’t really know what identical means, right?
They aren't identical. They have different complexions, different sized heads, and even their hands and feet differ in size.
@wolfgirl569 (53232)
• Marion, Ohio
Sounds like you still had fun