Long Distance Lunch Date

@SonjaRae (8458)
I have been waiting for what feels like forever to do this and today it finally happened! Last year my sister Coral mailed me some tuna. I found it a little odd when a package arrived at my job, in a priority package. A company called Sassy Seafood! A total of six cans; three that were lemon flavor, one rosemary sun-dried tomato, and two dill flavor. I honestly wasn’t too sure about these, especially because I’ve never eaten flavored tuna. I usually buy bumblebee brand solid white albacore tuna packed in water. My sister shared with me, about the company. I read the information that came with the tuna and I went to their website and looked them up, read their articles and about how they started up their business, in addition to what goes into it. We agreed that we would wait until the day that we could open and do this together on the phone. We finally made plans about who, what, when and which one we would try first! The day finally arrived! It was today and we had decided that we would make a salad and try it on the salad. Trying to figure out which time zone we would use, considering there are two hours difference between us; her being in the Pacific Northwest and me in the Midwest, but we did it. She had breakfast and I had lunch lol. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor and the quality of the tuna, it was hands-down far better than even the bumblebee tuna that I swear by. It was an enjoyable meal. Even more enjoyable because of the fantastic company and relationship that my sister and I have! Thank you Coral! Love you! @TheSojourner
@TheSojourner (48478)
I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Now, maybe if we want to try another type, we can do it again, without as much "ta-da"moments of planning! But still do it together!
@SonjaRae (8458)
Sounds good
@wolfgirl569 (56363)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you were able to have a meal together
Things are getting fishy around these parts, Eva.
@wolfgirl569 (56363)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Glad I am not near there
@wolfgirl569 *laughs* Oh, you would have fun with us!
I love that you 2 had a wonderful tuna lunch/phone date . . . but you both also wrote a post about it . Makes me feel like I got both sides of the story and now I feel like I was part of it . I love your sisterly love .
@SonjaRae (8458)
That’s awesome! And the funniest part about it is I didn’t know she wrote about it she didn’t know I wrote about it. Kind of hilarious
@SonjaRae She said the same thing . Sisterly telepathy .
@SonjaRae (8458)
@much2say We’ve got a connection!
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I love flavored tuna. Especially in my ramen. Lol
@SonjaRae (8458)
Wow. I would never think to put tuna in Ramen.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@SonjaRae When you live out of a hotel for a year, you do all kinds of stuff.
@SonjaRae (8458)
@thislittlepennyearns Well I guess I can see that
What a fun thing to do together. It reminds me that so much can still be shared together, regardless of the distance.
So very true, julia.
@SonjaRae (8458)
Just have to take the time and do it! Just like Nike!
@SonjaRae That's so very true.
@Kouponkaren (3684)
Wow, I didn't realize that Coral's sister was on here. I follow her and read about your lunch. It sounded like a wonderful experience. Now I am following you as well! :0) Glad you enjoyed the tuna together.
Karen... I am #1 of 5 children. Sonja is #3. She is my first sister, and my favorite. She is my heart. I am not in contact with siblings #2 and #4, and have limited contact with the youngest.
@SonjaRae (8458)
I appreciate the follow! Yes Coral is my sister and the best one to have!
@SonjaRae (8458)
@FourWalls (44090)
How much fun! Have you ever tried a video meeting (like Zoom)? I don’t know if there are free versions of that (or really how it works).
@SonjaRae (8458)
We could probably do that. But I think we were both on our cell phones and I have an iPhone and she does not otherwise we could have FaceTimed
@SonjaRae We could do WhatsApp.
@MarieCoyle (5660)
What a neat, fun thing to do. And nice that you worked the time out!
@SonjaRae (8458)
Thanks Marie! It was quite enjoyable and pretty fun all the way around
Nice you and Coral were able to share the experience long distance.
@SonjaRae (8458)
Most definitely!
@oahuwriter (23594)
So glad so enjoyable for both of you! Nice!! I love Bumble Bee tuna too.
I cannot handle BumbleBee. Too mushy for me.
@oahuwriter (23594)
@oahuwriter (23594)
@arunima25 (74244)
• Bangalore, India
I am so happy to read this post. What a special bond you two share. My two daughters are like that. My elder one is moving to college in August when the new academic year starts. They have already started planning that how they will eat their favourite food together on a video meet. They have few favourite dishes that they refuse to eat without each other.
@SonjaRae (8458)
That’s so sweet! I’m glad your daughters share that bond too. My sister is my heart!
@arunima25 (74244)
• Bangalore, India
@SonjaRae It is heartening to see their bond. But then they fight too like any regular siblings would do. They can't be separated and they can't stop fighting with each other when together
@LeaPea2417 (33859)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That's great that you enjoyed it.
What a lovely long distance lunch together you had. I like tuna, I do not buy flavored but I buy a pretty expensive kind of tuna in extra viring olive oil it's "ventresca tuna".
@LindaOHio (96157)
What a fun thing to do with your sister. I think that the bond you have with Coral is one in a million.