Waiting for the apocalypse

a moon
@sabtraversa (13443)
Italy
I mean, the eclipse. I've been busy figuring out how to use the camera, it's been a while. Despite the lack of a tripod, I'm very satisfied with the result. I "relied" on the balcony railing first, but I had a sharper moon with "free hands". The low ISO makes the moon look darker compared to what the naked eye would see, but that's the only way to have this amount of details. As far as I know. Italy is unlikely to experience the full eclipse, because it's going to occur at 4/5 AM, when the sun rises. I saw a full eclipse a few years ago, and the moon would stay red for hours before and after the event. What might prevent me from seeing a red moon is the limited amount of sky I can view from home, some East and some West, and clouds. Being a night owl, staying awake shouldn't be an issue. Are you going to watch the moon eclipse tonight?
@PhredWreck (7669)
• Olney, Illinois
I'll miss it probably, supposed to start around 9:30 here and that's past my bedtime Last night the color would change according to how much I had 'zoomed' the lens.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@PhredWreck Nice shade of yellow! That's strange, photography is such a mystery sometimes. I always go full zoom so can't tell. Well, you do wake up very early. If you were in the UK you'd see it first thing in the morning.
@ptrikha_2 (37977)
I was out on the streets under harsh summer sun with mercury somewhere between 43 and 45 C ! Then, I was busy during the evening as well. So, I sort of missed the news about Eclipse as well. Somehow, Solar Eclipses interest me more but may be I can try seeing some Lunar eclipses as well in the future. Have a nice evening.
@ptrikha_2 (37977)
@sabtraversa I remember a Total Solar Eclipse of the year 1995. It created a lot of excitement in India. Then we had a partial Solar Eclipse in the year 2020. But I don't try the experiments of looking at the Solar Eclipse.
@ptrikha_2 (37977)
@sabtraversa That means you are November born?
@ptrikha_2 (37977)
@sabtraversa My Mother too was of that Sun sign though we never knew her exact date of birth. Birth dates were not always recorded in India in 1940s.
@moonandstars (59268)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
we'll imagine it's red. wow, you stayed awake for this, it's good to be a night owl, which i am not
@sabtraversa (13443)
@moonandstars I took this early, I should have gone to sleep, I saw no red moon at last.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sabtraversa you're still great for me, like in this song. new psy song. i like it
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
@sabtraversa (13443)
@moonandstars Thanks! Wow, this sounds very different from the usual (the only two other songs I know from PSY).
@Sojourn (13214)
Thank God you haven't written apo + calypso
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Sojourn Why? That sounds fun.
@Sojourn (13214)
@sabtraversa That might resemble the dance of Shiva, the Hindu God of destruction.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Sojourn That's exactly what the apocalypso is.
@RebeccasFarm (65437)
Did you take that?
@sabtraversa (13443)
@RebeccasFarm Yes, it was just an experiment, I wanted to get the real blood moon. Even if it wasn't what I was hoping to get, I'm still quite happy with it.
@arunima25 (74236)
• Bangalore, India
Good that you could see it and capture it.. it's a beautiful picture there.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@arunima25 I didn't get to see what I wanted to see, a full red moon. I'm going to check the other pics I took during the eclipse, but I didn't get to see it turning red. I was luckier in 2018 except I didn't take the camera.
@arunima25 (74236)
• Bangalore, India
@sabtraversa It's okay. You were lucky in 2018 to see the full red moon. You witnessed it in person. Yes, capturing that would have been wonderful but then it's alright
Is this the photo you arrived to take? Congratulations, I always miss all my "moon" photos. As I woke up at 3:45, I went outside to have a look, but it was not so visible, I went back to sleep.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@LadyDuck Thanks, it was taken before midnight, the moon was still "white". I didn't see it turning red, the eclipse started at around 4:30. The moon decided to hide behind clouds at the eclipse peak and beyond that. No red moon.
@sabtraversa - I hoped to have a better show, but I have not seen the red moon either.
@Deepizzaguy (67441)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I will be looking for the dark moon tonight.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Deepizzaguy Did you manage to see it?
@Deepizzaguy (67441)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@sabtraversa No I was not able to see the dark moon due to cloud cover.
@CarolDM (187021)
If there are not any clouds and I can stay awake I will. Love the moon.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@CarolDM If someone has the chance to see this event, missing out is no brainer.
@CarolDM (187021)
@sabtraversa I agree with you. So cool to see.
It's just a red moon. Anyways, I didn't even heard of dogs howling. I guess here because it's rainy season, we couldn't see any red moon. By the way, nice view.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Letranknight2015 I was excited about taking photos of the red moon, but eventually I didn't see any. The clouds decided to hide the moon right when it was supposed to turn red.
@Seph87 (9)
It is really a beautifull photo my love , mmm for the problem of staying awake, maybe we can resolve with an automatic camera, more the camera stay pointed in one direction, and more detail can caught, and in automatic it can take snap
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Seph87 The moon moves, I would have to guess where the moon would be located. There were clouds anyway.
@kaylachan (34347)
I'll be awake, but I don't know if I'll see anything.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@kaylachan Damn clouds, I couldn't get to see much either.
@franxav (12836)
I will check the eclipse time in India. Usually it's early evening hours here.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@franxav I'm not sure it could be seen from India but you might be luckier next time, it should reoccur in November.
I wonder what time it can be seen in the Caribbean.? Won't want to be up all night.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@Kandae11 I think it was around midnight.
@crossbones27 (43749)
• Redlands, California
My brother was talking about it. I do not know fun filled day with Music and sports , but am normally a night owl. I am sure will see part of it even if fall asleep. I wake up sporadic and I am waiting for the apocalypse too. I think we on a collision course sad to say.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@crossbones27 I was more tired than usual too, Sundays can be like that. I forced myself to stay awake anyway.
I'll be awake, but I don't plan on going outside to see it. I don't Luke to venture outside my apartment after dark, and I won't be able to see it without going outside.
@sabtraversa (13443)
@AmbiePam I see. You might look for a livestream on YouTube and watch it anyway.
@PhredWreck (7669)
• Olney, Illinois
My friend used to raise alpacas, one had a disfigured lip that gave it an alpaca lisp
@sabtraversa (13443)
@PhredWreck Probably the worst I get to read today.