Not Even A Warning

Yesterday was a sun-filled warm day in our region. After a long winter inside, feeding and changing the twins, our son and his wife, along with the girls, went out for the day. They spent the afternoon at a friend's place. They have a son, who is a few months older then the twins are. This being the first family outing, the visit made it to a popular social media platform. That brought more friends over. One of our son's friends stopped by on his lunchbreak from work. He is also a twin. His twin brother is also fraternal. He, as well as his brother, both have a close kinship to our son's twins. Here they are together. And no, the babies did not even get a warning from the police officer (Matt) here, just alot of attention. ~Photo is mine
@sharonelton (12416)
• Lichfield, England
I'm glad your son and his family had a nice day. Were the babies speeding in their buggy?!
Yes, they all got out together and had alot of fun with their friends and their families. That is just a frame that holds the little car seats, they have a proper stroller that will last them longer then those car seats will. But that frame stroller is very convenient if they are asleep when they arrive where they are going and they don't want to wake them by taking them out of their car seats and put them into their stroller.
@sharonelton (12416)
• Lichfield, England
@Juliaacv That's lovely. So there was no possibility the babies were speeding. Did they forget to put their seat belts on?
@sharonelton I think that they were drooling in public.
@Morleyhunt (21784)
Twins always seem to generate extra attention. I have twin brothers, twin nephews, triplet cousins….many multiple births.
It took me by surprise given the times that we live in where most people get in the store and right back out again without interacting with anyone unless its a sales person.
@Morleyhunt (21784)
@Juliaacv Covid has kept many people from interacting with others. I still chat with those in line….I just do it from a distance.
@Morleyhunt I don't feel comfortable enough to speak with anyone while I am out. I find it difficult to project my voice thru a 5-ply mask and I am always looking to make sure that nobody comes too close to me, even in line ups people will cut across the line. Nothing scares me worse then testing positive for covid. I'm not sure how I will handle the days here and there that they will require us to work from the office starting in June. But I will just have to get over it and still stay safe.
The first official party of your beautiful granddaughters.
Yes, they are now a part of the mix. Look at Willow, sleeping like that, on the left. She sleeps like she has no spine, I don't know how she can feel comfortable like that.
@Juliaacv She sleeps like cats do. Look at those little feet! They are adorable.
@LadyDuck Our son and his wife get quite concerned with the positions that she moves into while sleeping. They worry that she will wake with a sore back or neck.
Willow and Harper don't seem a bit phased that the police showed up at the party They do look adorable (as always) I love that stroller. I don't think I"ve ever seen one like that
Thanks. That is just a frame and then the car seats each clip into it. It folds flat when the seats are back in the truck again.
@Juliaacv that's pretty nifty.
@Marilynda1225 It’s nice that they have a choice.
I'm glad they finally got to visit with friends for a little while.
Thanks, they really needed that.
I'll bet they did.
Nice, it sounds like a fun little play date and get together.
They did all have alot of fun together. That's what is nice about the warm weather, you can safely gather outside.
@wolfgirl569 (56325)
• Marion, Ohio
I thought maybe he caught them speeding
@Gillygirl (47091)
• Sutton, England
They look so peaceful in their buggy. I'm happy the family had a lovely day
They can sleep thru anything, nothing seems to phase them unless you say 'I love you' and then they wake and are ready to play. That is how Daddy wakes them up.
@dodo19 (46036)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm glad that they were able to get out and have some fun.
They did have a good time. Its been a long winter and with the restrictions in visiting yesterday was a good break for them all.