Million Dollar Baby. Movie I hate but it's good

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I hate the ending but Eastwood directing this wonderful piece, of course I like it. There is something unique about it. Maybe because it was one of the first movies I burned on cd (remmember burning cds) or the fact it's a strong female story, a story of a really low paying individue who wants just one thing or a small dream for herself in this life. Movie is from 2004 and has Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman as main 3 characters in this plot. I don't like every Eastwood movie but to this one, I am attached to. I was also very impressed how Swank was in shape, training like that, for a boxer. She was a waitress by day and at night, she practised boxing and persuaded almost retired box trainer, Eastwood to train her. He was a second father to her and she was like a second daughter to him. I liked their chemistry. It is sad that her family couldn't accept her, mocked her dream but, her money, they wanted really bad. I am glad she didn't give in. Is there any movie that you hate but love/like?
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
@RubyHawk (63580)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I can’t think of one at the moment unless it’s Bates Motel. That was a good scary one.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
those series? gosh, it was very weird and scary.
@RubyHawk (63580)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@moonandstars It’s the scariest movie I’ve ever seen but the ending was so surprising I would never have guessed in a million years. That’s the kind of movie I like.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@RubyHawk me too. i mean, not every day but it leaves an impression on me and i like that feeling
@arunima25 (74266)
• Bangalore, India
I have not watched this movie but the story sounds so interesting. I will check if it's available on Amazon Prime. I want to watch it. And yes, we remember burning CDs.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am glad we remember the same memories well, i hope the ending won't scare you. i have to warn you, it is a little bit brutal.
@arunima25 (74266)
• Bangalore, India
@moonandstars Oh! I see. I will keep that in mind. Being mentally prepared is always good. I can't handle brutality well.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@arunima25 i mean, you'll see it. it's maybe peaceful when you look at it. no more spoilers from me
@FayeHazel (39132)
I know what you mean "The Mist" by Stephen King has a horrible ending and "Broken Flowers" is very unsatisfying at it's ending too. I'm happy she didn't give in if all her family wanted was her money
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
those were movies, right or you're talking about books? i am glad too. felt so bad for her.
@FayeHazel (39132)
@moonandstars Oh yes, I meant both the movie versions of those - "The Mist" also a book though. The book was actually worse is that's possible ... but then it is Stephen King
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@FayeHazel i've watched the mist. with al pacino, right? i also think that book is so much worse.
@jobelbojel (30067)
Been awhile since I have watched the movie. I think I went to rental shop to rent the CD.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i did that too. i'll never forget watching 3 cs of one movie and was the first movie of the lord of the rings trilogy. their behind scenes were great
@jobelbojel (30067)
@moonandstars Yeah, I remember that some movies were recorded im two separate cds.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@jobelbojel i remember i hold them very tenderely. i adored that trilogy.
That was a really good movie.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is. do you approve the ending?
@moonandstars It was sad.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@snowy22315 it really was. didn't know who to pity more, swan or eastwood.
Clinton Eastwood is in his nineties and still making movies.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
he's a passionate man. have you watched this movie or some other of clint's?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@GreatMartin i didn't mention the age at all
• Midland, Michigan
No, I either like them or dislike them. If it's got actresses it across that I like I generally enjoy the movie too
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
that is fair enough, thank you
@averygirl72 (31996)
Good to know about this movie. I have stopped watching movies for now. I don't want movies that will just waste my time
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i feel the same. even if i wantt something to make me laugh, i need to have a good plot to watch jsut, ending is a little brutal.
• Rockingham, Australia
I don't remember seeing this one. I am about to start a biography about Morgan Freeman.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i think i wasn't that out there; it was perhaps a festival film. morgan freeman? a good choice
@Sojourn (13222)
Haven't watched this. The storyline seems intriguing and motivational. All the actors are stars on their own right.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it is, when you're in a mood cause, it has that dark side and, ending, it is a little bit brutal so, beware, if you watch it.
@mrki444 (14964)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
Movie is great and I like it, but I like more movies with happy end. Burning CD, I still do it few times in year.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
thank you for your comment.
@dgobucks226 (30385)
Terrifically done Eastwood classic! Clint plays a great role as a cranky caring trainer. And yes, a bummer of an ending. Very moving!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i have an impression that in half of his movies he's cranky but he does that honestly you are right, very moving movie.
@dgobucks226 (30385)
@moonandstars That's a very accurate statement about Clint.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@dgobucks226 truth is sometimes funny
@GreatMartin (22648)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I love Swank but, sorry, I do not like Eastwood as an actor or director!!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
she was great there, a couple of years after her debut movie. well, he has his own style, i guess
@CarolDM (187007)
I saw this one awhile back. Always looking for good ones to watch.