COOPER'S CORNER: I did it!

NOTE: Cooper's Corner is written in the voice of 8-year-old rescue dog, Cooper. When you respond, remember you are speaking to him and he will answer accordingly. * * * * * Hi everyone! Cooper here! Well, I did it! I got my bath and my haircut and my nails cut. I didn't like it, when they cut my nails, and I still screamed and cried, but they didn't listen to me. Not like the last time when they stopped four nails in. They cut a lot of hair off of me, but I'm still a little fuzzy. Mom said it was okay to leave some fuzz on me because she thinks I'm cute with a little fuzziness. But they took a lot of the hair off my face, so the hair doesn't stick into my eyeballs. Mom said that will make it easier for her to keep my face clean with a washcloth because I get a lot of eye goobers. They also cut a lot of my whiskers and my beard off because that gets into the food and water. So, Mom said that will help me be able to keep cleaner. I have to go eat dinner now! I hope everybody has a good night. Photos were taken and the collage was made by my mom.
• Rockingham, Australia
You look really dapper now. I'm glad they were able to do all that needed to be done, even if you didn't like it.
thank you, Miss Judy. They were nice enough, but they wouldn't listen to me!
@FourWalls (44176)
Goldie didn’t like it, either. Is there some rule in the doggie book that you must raise a stink about grooming? I think Joe Cocker said it best: you are SOOOO beautiful, Cooper!
Oh, THANKS, Miss Karen!!! *struts*
@MarieCoyle (5684)
You are such a handsome lil' dude, Cooper. You can strut out with anyone with those looks. Do you have a girlfriend? I would imagine as handsome as you are, you would have them chasing you everywhere! I hope you got a wonderful dinner after such a hard day. Mom's right, you need a bit of fuzzies, just because. Not every dog is cute enough to carry off such good looks.
I don't have no girlfriend except my Mom! Thank you for your compliments though, Miss Marie.
@TheSojourner Cooper, if I lived close to you, Mom wouldn't like me, because I know for certain I would spoil you rotten!
@MarieCoyle mom said that I'm already spoiled rotten. Lol
@wolfgirl569 (56450)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you got through it. I am sure you feel better now.
Miss Eva. I thought they were going to kill me through slow torture. They all like to do that stuff. Now today I am exhausted. *SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH*
@wolfgirl569 (56450)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Try to just stand calmly the next time and it will get done faster. You wont be as tired either
@wolfgirl569 That's a good idea Miss Eva
@divalounger (5682)
Sleep well Cooper! Sounds like quite the adventure!
Thank you Miss Diva!
@TheSojourner You are quite the Divo!
@divalounger Uh oh! Is that a bad word?
Wow Cooper, you are even more handsome if that is possible! You are a real lady killer!
Miss Snowy.... Uh..er...I didn't do it! I didn't kill no ladies! I promise! Auntie @SonjaRae ! Do I need my attorney to come and visit me?
@SonjaRae (8522)
@TheSojourner Cooper, it would be wise to wait until charges would actually be filed against you. Otherwise they just charge you to hold onto something that may not happen.
@SonjaRae Okay. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and not bark so much!
You did it, Cooper ! Oh you look so nicely trimmed and spiffy . . . don't you just feel amazing? I know the process was not exactly "entertaining", but you'll see how it's all worth it - I'm sure your mom knows . Hope you both had a good night !
Thank you, MIss SmilePie!!!!! I slept long and hard. I didn't eat my breakfast though. I'm still tired!!
@TheSojourner You are lucky to be able to sleep so well. I hope your mom had some good zzzzzs too. Why did you not eat your breakfast? Wow, you must've been seriously tuckered out from the day before!!
@much2say I think I get tired sometimes. I'm getting older.
Hi Cooper, you look beautiful with your new haircut. I agree with your Mom your are cute with a little fuzziness, but cutting more on your face is a great idea, easier to keep your eyes and mouth clean every day. Sorry you screamed and cried when they cut your nails, I know it is annoying, but necessary.
Thank you, Miss anna. I can already tell that I'm going to be more comfortable with shorter hair. And it is kind of nice to not have my hair sticking inside my eyeballs.
@TheSojourner Having your hair sticking inside your eyeballs was surely a major problem, I am glad you feel already more comfortable.
@LadyDuck thank you, Miss Anna
@SonjaRae (8522)
You look Handsome Cooper! I know you don’t like your nails being messed with. It’s probably a bit frightening for you. You need to learn to relax, so you can be pampered like the King you are!
thank you auntie! I love you
@SonjaRae (8522)
@TheSojourner LOVE YOU TOO COOP!
Cooper you are such a good looking dog. You will be a lot cooler in the summer with your hair cut short.
I hope so, Miss Judy. Thank you for liking me.
@TheSojourner I think you are the best dog.
@oahuwriter (23621)
Hi Cooper! All spruced up and clean, ready for hot summer!
Yes, thank you!
Congrats on the haircut Cooper you look very handsome. Enjoy your dinner,
Thank you Miss Rasma!
You are a cute good boy. Mom will have more time for fun if she is not having to clean you so much. I like your pictures very much.
Thank you Miss Heather . That was a nice thing to say!
@JESSY3236 (16337)
You look a lot better. One of my cats don't like his nails trimmed either.
Thank you Miss Jessica. I feel like it makes me look older. Grrr
@LindaOHio (96246)
Well, don't you look cute?!!! You were very brave. Maybe next time you get your nails cut, you won't scream so much?
I doubt that, Miss Linda! Sometimes if I scream loud enough they don't do it! So I get what I want. And then they hug on me and give me treats because they think they've hurt me. Thank you for saying that I'm cute. I really liked the little scarf they put on my neck. It was fun