To Our Dads

Tomorrow we will celebrate Father's Day here in Canada. As long as I can remember, my most favorite human being on this earth, was my dear ole Dad. When I was a baby I can remember him lifting me up out of the buggy and singing to me, teaching me how to dance as a pre-teen and sharing so many other special moments over the course of my life. I think that the finest qualities that we daughters see in our Daddy is what we seek out in a hubby. I always compared everyone I met to my Dad. Nobody measure up until I met my hubs. To those celebrating, treating or remembering their Dad or children's Dad tomorrow, I wish you a very special and fine day. Happy Father's Day! ~Photo is mine
• Rockingham, Australia
Love that cake/meal/ whatever it is! Father's Day is September for us.
Thanks, its cupcakes, the icing just joins them but they are individual.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv Oh, I understand. It's very effective.
@JudyEv I thought it was just cute enough to bring today to our son's place. I have made a picnic style meal, fresh baked bread from the bakery, deli meats and cheeses, pasta salad, devilled eggs and these cupcakes. I picked up some special treats for sweet Ellie as well as the traditional shopping that she asks me to do every year for a little gift for her Daddy. This year she told me that he would like a new fan for his office.
Happy Father's Day to you. We celebrates in March here and I always remember my father. I look a lot like my father.
We are up early in order to go to our son's place. Nanny picked up 2 loaves of fresh baked bread yesterday, a wide assortment of deli cheeses and meats as well I made devilled eggs and a pasta salad. We will have something to eat after they finish golf, which should be around noon. I will enjoy some time with the babies and Klaudia while they golf. I had a curly perm done yesterday at the salon, it should be interesting to see if the babies recognize me or if they can stand the smell. She used a different solution yesterday, it made my eyes water when she rinsed it off, and of course I cannot shampoo it for a couple of days. I will have alot of pillow cases in my next batch of laundry.
@Juliaacv - You have prepared a lot of food. We had a Greek salad for lunch, it is so hot that I did not cook today. This evening, if it's cooler, I will make chicken nuggets. I think the babies will recognize you, as they recognize your voice. I only permed my hair once, years ago, I had a terrible allergic reaction to my scalp, I never wanted to try again.
@LadyDuck Yes, it was alot more food then we needed, but they will have salad and deli meats, cheeses and a loaf and a bit of the fresh bread to enjoy during their noon meal together next week. It will give them a little peace of mind that they do not have to fuss over making themselves something and can relax together. There were only 2, which is actually the total of 1 egg left of the devilled eggs. I was surprised that the babies recognized me with my curly hair, but they did.
Happy Father's Day to you too! I was a daddy's girl and have been missing him since he left me when I was 10
Relatives say that I am alot like my Dad, which is a compliment, are you like yours? Enjoy your time recalling your special loving memories tomorrow.
@Juliaacv yes I am certainly more my dad than my mom. Even wear glasses like he did, He was a Latvian writer and poet and I write poetry.
@RasmaSandra You took on his finer qualities didn't you.
@aninditasen (6100)
• Raurkela, India
My father too was very caring. He is my inspiration.
We are both very lucky.
• Raurkela, India
@Juliaacv Yes, indeed.
@Beestring (1105)
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here! My Dad left me when I was 11. Really missed him
You were so very young.
@Beestring (1105)
@Juliaacv Yes, my Dad was the breadwinner. My elder sister who just graduated from high school took up the role. Our family really went through a tough time.
@CarolDM (187020)
Very true words for me as well. Nobody can fill their shoes.
Nobody can fill their shoes, nor steal the warmth that fond memories give us of them.
@CarolDM (187020)
@Juliaacv So very true. I treasure all of the talks we had over the years.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Tomorrow is Father's Day, we will be talking to "Dad" on the telephone:) He's 95 years old this year!
Enjoy the call I am sure that it will feel great.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv He's very old now, we appreciate every day he remains with us:)
I forgot all about Fathers Day, thanks for the reminder.
Father's Day 2009 was the last day that I visited my Dad at his home. He was hospitalized the following day and remained there until he passed on July 4th of that year. This year I hope to remember the sweet memories instead of that last Father's Day, which was so hard.
I hope you will too.
Today is Father's Day,I miss my father more than ever.I can tell that you were the apple of your Dad's eye .
Today it hurt much less then it has in years gone by on Father's Day. But I do think of my Dad every single day of the year.
Happy Father's Day to all the Dads here.
I hope that the Dads enjoy a special day. They certainly enrich our lives.
@mohkanari (1958)
Nice to see you Happily celebrate Fathers day Indeed Father & Mother are unforgettable personalities in every humans Life Generally in our childhood Mother would be available always in home with us & Father may leave us for intervals by Job related reasons So time when Father is at home become more enjoyable BTW In INDIA there isn't much importance for Father's day celebration Yes, many Indians exchange greetings by online platforms for the day
Our family recognizes it as a time to come together. The father is the provider who takes good care of his family and that is why I enjoy celebrating this day.
@patgalca (17466)
• Orangeville, Ontario
My father was wonderful, and a great husband. My mother's only piece of advice to me when I was a teenager was to marry someone like my father. But they broke the mold when they made him. He also made me have a high expectation of marriage and what a husband was supposed to be. I never saw my parents argue. I only saw my father get mad at a child (my brother closest in age to me) once. He had a great laugh, was very sociable, a great philanthropist and had the best hugs. I miss him so much.
My mother gave me the very same advice. I am glad that she did.
To have a good dad is truly to be blessed. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there in physical form or up above..
Yes, Happy Father's Day to our Dads here.
@Dena91 (17861)
Glad that you have such warm memories of your Dad. Mike and I miss our Dads a lot. We were blessed.
Enjoy your memories tomorrow. My hubby rarely speaks of his Dad.
I feel the same way about my dad.
Yes, your Dad sounds like such a sweetie. I hope that you can spend some quality time with him tomorrow.
@m_audrey6788 (57312)
I also remember my father for teaching me how to drive a car and a bike. He always sends me inspiring messages so I can go move forward to reach my dreams in life. I miss him. Happy Father`s Day to all fathers out there
My Dad did not teach me how to drive, but he did enroll me in driver's education.
@Juliaacv Oh ok
Hope you are having a great day today.
Thanks, we had alot of fun today. I hope that you had a great day today also.
@RebeccasFarm (65436)
Yes Dear Dad RIP
@Nakitakona (49510)
We're already done with this special day for Fathers. My children who are married had a family bonding together with us and we had a hearty dinner and a posterity photo taken.
I saw your prosperity photo, it was nice.
@Nakitakona (49510)
@Juliaacv Thanks
I also compared everyone to my daddy. I miss him terribly. We are blessed to have found our husband’s.
Yes we are.