Went to WalMart Pharmacy for Second Covid Booster

@kobesbuddy (150939)
East Tawas, Michigan
Today, I went to WalMart Pharmacy, to get a second Covid booster shot. Did I need this second booster shot? It's debatable, so I'm not sure myself if this was necessary. Yes, I do have diabetes. But, it's so mild that I barely even notice there's a problem. My A1Cs are always down in the safe zone, a good omen. I guess staying vaccinated is a wise decision. Anyway, others have received this second vaccine and didn't have a bad reaction. This was a Pfizer booster, they didn't have any Moderna left. The lady said that it didn't make any difference, mixing the two vaccines is safe. I have nothing to lose, apparently. I just feel a lot safer, knowing that I've done my part in all of this. Photo: Not mine, borrowed from Pixabay(an awful picture)
My initial vaccine and booster were Moderna, but I saw a report on the news that getting a different booster than your first vaccine might actually provide more protection.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
All three of my shots were Moderna. This fourth one was Pfizer.
• Redlands, California
@AmbiePam That actually makes sense because how your body works. It tries to adapt to all new things coming in contact with it and it is an amazing thing how it self corrects for pretty much everything, that being it does not get overrun and what vaccines are for more or less.They give a tiny dose so body knows how to fight bad things off that enter it.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@crossbones27 Yes, this is well said:) And with the vaccine our immune system is probably ten times stronger, to ward off those harmful viruses.
There is an uptick of cases in the UK and Scotland, you were wise to get your second booster shot. I will get mine when I qualify for it late next month.
My family doc told me yesterday that there are plenty of cases still.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I think it's so important to do whatever we can, to ward off this harmful virus. Even if I get Covid, my immunity is 10 times stronger to fight it off.
@DaddyEvil (82049)
Our doctor recommended that Pretty and I get the second booster. We have an appointment scheduled to get it on the 23rd of this month. (I will also get a pneumonia shot on the 23rd.) Covid is on the rise in our part of Missouri. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You are very wise to get you and Pretty the second booster. Yes, I can still get Covid, but the risks are very low. It hits like a simple bought of the flu, which the vaccine quickly gets rid of. My daughter worked as a nurse in a hospital. She had two vaccine shots. When she ended up with Covid, her body fought it off in ten days. She felt fine and returned to work. I got the pneumonia shot and shingles vaccine, also.
@DaddyEvil (82049)
@kobesbuddy I'm not old enough for the shingles vaccine. (I've had shingles three times.) Walmart told us we weren't old enough for the second Covid booster but my doctor said we need it anyway, so she's getting the vaccine and will give it to us.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@DaddyEvil I'm 70 years old, so the shingles vaccine was recommended for my safety.
The second Covid booster shot is not in this area yet. They are always late in getting everything.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We stood in line for the first Covid shot. Now, nobody is standing around, waiting for a Covid booster shot.
• Redlands, California
I am not sure if it is here, I know my sister said they were sending her things saying it was coming and she could get one but that was months ago. She went out the house the first time without a mask grocery shopping the other day. She was all proud. I did it without a mask.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@crossbones27 I'm not wearing a mask any longer, but Jay uses one sometimes. My doctor's office requires a mask, which is fine. They give us a new one, before entering the building.
@RubyHawk (63340)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m trying to get my second booster but can’t find any. Apparently more people are being vaccinated so that’s good.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Even having one booster, your immune system is much stronger.
@RubyHawk (63340)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@kobesbuddy I wouldn’t mind if we had a booster every year.
I took them all but the one thing I can see is the open cases tell me more than anything anyone else could. I got the virus and I hope not to take another vaccine. Doing my part is seeing what is going on around me and I see the shot and booster stopped nothing.
@RebeccasFarm (65436)
Hope you will be fine, you are good to do your part Kharla. It is still rampant here where I live..cases rising.
@Nakitakona (49510)
It's good. No reaction. Others have its adverse effect.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Some of the adverse effects are minor, in comparison to contracting the virus.
@Nakitakona (49510)
@kobesbuddy yes some are.
@averygirl72 (31876)
I already finish with vaccines since January. Good to know your diabetes is under control. Here too I got a different brand of vaccine in my third shot
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm happy to get inoculated, knowing that my immune system is strengthened.
@averygirl72 (31876)
@kobesbuddy Yes that is really good
@aninditasen (6100)
• Raurkela, India
I haven't taken my first booster as yet.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I had my first booster about six months ago.
• Raurkela, India
@kobesbuddy That's something nice to hear. Hope I get my message for the first booster soon.
@LindaOHio (96051)
We will eventually get the 2nd booster. They say it's advisable for us older folks. We are 74 and 80. Hubs will be 81 in August. Glad you got yours.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I will turn 71 in September, my doctor suggested that I get both boosters.
@LindaOHio (96051)
@kobesbuddy I'm glad you got both.
Well, I do not believe that it's wrong to have this second booster shot. I decided not to have mine.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was actually wondering if the second booster is necessary. I'm still wondering about this.
@kobesbuddy Most doctors say that it is not necessary, I decided not to have it and see what the coming weeks will bring.
• Rockingham, Australia
Our two boosters were Prizer. I had a headache and aches and pains the next day but I'm glad we've had the boosters.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My second booster was the Pfizer, my arm is quite sore today.
• Rockingham, Australia
@kobesbuddy Yes, I had a sore arm but only for the day really.
@Plethos (13515)
dang, im not vaxed.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I feel sorry for you, if you contract this virus.
@Plethos (13515)
@kobesbuddy - i did. start of this year.
@JimBo452020 (44204)
• Montrose, Scotland
So is that 4 shots you have had now Kharla? It's 4 more than I have had
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We've kept up on our immunization, to strengthen the immune system.
@JimBo452020 (44204)
• Montrose, Scotland
@kobesbuddy Aye well the jury is out on that Kharla.
Hope you didn't suffer from any side effects. I've had Pizer and didn't have any at all
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I haven't had any side effects so far, but my arm is sore. That's normal, after any shot.
Good for you getting it done. I have chosen not to even get the injection but then I am mostly in than out and have no plans to travel anywhere but if anything changes I know I will be at our local Walgreen starting my injections,
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We don't travel except to buy groceries. I guess for me, this was a good choice.
@dya80dya (26614)
I had two shots too. I hope it's safe.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
With those shots, your immune system is stronger to fight off this virus.
@beesure11 (199)
Glad you made the decision to take the booster shot. With all that is going around. Some people have completely stopped wearing their masks. Having that extra layer of protection is a good thing. It's better to be safe than sorry. We sure don't want to lose you!
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Thanks, I'm actually not afaid of Covid. My immune system is much stronger now.
I;ve got those also.
@kobesbuddy (150939)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm glad you have taken precautionary measures, to strengthen your immune system.