Did you have to work today, Juneteenth, a Federal Holiday?

Since I am retired, I'm not working any longer for a company or agency. My last position, I was facilitating workshops for a federal program on military bases. So, today would have been a holiday for me. It would have been unpaid though, as I was not federal employee; they simply would not have scheduled a workshop for that week. If I had still been working in the private sector, not associated with any federal programs, such as when I was working in sales and support positions, I might have had to work. Especially, in sales positions, companies use every opportunity to make money for every federal holiday by commercializing everything. I am happy to say that I watched a lot of the PBS (Public Broadcasting System) channel today. There were many documentaries that shared the history that was not taught in history classes, when I was growing up. It makes me want to learn more and more. Did you have a holiday from work today? Or did you have to work? If you had a work holiday, how did you celebrate today? Photo credit: Pixabay
@ShyBear88 (53450)
Well since I’m a stay at home parent I don’t get holidays ever. Like every day all day 24/7 not even sick. Like I need a doctors note for being sick. I got it one time and it was when I had the flu.
Very true. I hope you had a pleasant day.
@ShyBear88 (53450)
@TheSojourner yesterday was okay not great but not bad. Bedtime could have been better had one stubborn 7 year old.
@ShyBear88 that's definitely a time where they can exercise their personality and will!
@Kouponkaren (3648)
I am an eBay seller and work for myself. I did not give myself the day off for Junteenth Day! I didn't work too hard though. I just had to go to my storage unit and get something that sold so I can ship it. After that I went grocery shopping.
I hope you were able to find groceries that were reasonable, even though the prices are going up. Congratulations on your eBay sale.
@TheSojourner Thanks for the congrats and no, not good prices. In fact, I was pretty surprised at how much I had to spend there. And Walmart has the cheapest groceries in our area.
@Kouponkaren My sister just wrote about her shopping trip to Walmart today. I know what you mean.
@LindaOHio (96051)
lol I'm not working for anyone ever again!
I actually miss working. I would like to find something here sometime.
@LindaOHio (96051)
@TheSojourner I wouldn't mind keeping someone's books; but I'd want to work from home.
@LindaOHio you'd still be working for someone, but it's certainly become more feasible to do that from home in today's world. I know that there are people that are virtual assistants for several different companies.
@wolfgirl569 (56277)
• Marion, Ohio
I worked today Knew I should have told hubby no mowing because its a holiday.
Next time, you better tell your husband it's a federal holiday! No working for you!
@wolfgirl569 (56277)
• Marion, Ohio
@moffittjc (105229)
• Gainesville, Florida
Nope, I had to work. And interestingly, very few people knew it was a holiday.
seeings that you're in florida, if I remember right, that doesn't surprise me.
@JESSY3236 (16306)
I actually didn't know it was a federal holiday yesterday morning. But I did do some of my online work.
I am retired and anyway today Juneteenth is not a holiday here. I have to research as I have not yet very well understood what it is about.
@popciclecold (24745)
I am retired too.
Would you have had to work, if you were in your last job?
@Adie04 (13114)
I wonder if the work holiday is similar to the labour day.
I'm not sure what you're asking.
I'm retired but my daughter works and didn't have the day off (they got out a little early but that's all)
• Rupert, Idaho
Since I am a stay at home mom...I didn't get a day off. I hadn't thought of that being an actual holiday. Was wondering why there was no trash pick up today!