Proud of myself as i really did it ALL on my own this time!!!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Good evening my friends on my lot! I discussed once making scrambled eggs with my peer, Courtney, but it was more she showed me how. They turned out good and i wrote about it back then because i thought i was goung to make them on my own after that time about two weeks ago. But i never made them on my own as i was afraid again. But today Courtney came over for her usual weekly Wednesday visit..i decided to not go out because it was so, so hot today and didn't have to do anything important, so stayed home so i can attempt to make scrambled eggs ALL BY MYSELF Courtney just watched me to supervise. She didn't have to tell me anything! I made three eggs worth and i had a scrambled egg sandwich on toast with cheese and the precooked bacon my sister gets me at Sam's club that i heat a few seconds in the microwave for dinner tonight. Then will have another sandwich of them tomorrow for one of my meals, just don't know which one yet! It was qute yummy not to pat myself on the back What are you having for dinner tonight? Bonus question: what is your favorite way to make eggs?
@DaddyEvil (81116)
Very nice! I'm sure your sandwich was delicious! I like scrambled or boiled eggs.
Thank you! Yes, it was very delicious! I plan on having another one for breakfast this morning! I like boiled eggs but only have them whenever i go to or order food for home delivery from Walmart. They are a lot cheaper there than the grocery store. Ordering food for home delivery is too stressful, so i going to regular grocery store next week with Courtney thus i won't be having them as they are way too expensive at regular grocery store where we are going
@DaddyEvil (81116)
@Marty1 You're welcome. Yes, I agree, buying boiled eggs can be expensive.
@DaddyEvil The grocery store wants almost $4+ for six eggs! But Walmart if i remember correctly is less than $2 for six. I may try to make some by myself the next time i get eggs next week as Courtney and i are going to the library and grocery shopping next week.
WOW, congratulations, now you know that you can make them if you like. I like scrambled eggs, but also omelette particularly with mushrooms.
Thank you!!!! I can make them any time i feel like eating them. i had them as a sandwich for breakfast today, i finished the ones i made yesterday but won't make new ones right away because tomorrow is pancakes but i won't make the pancakes until i can have Courtney show me how to make them, i will have frozen ones tomorrow. I have to eat all the frozen ones i have before i try to make them myself when we have time for Courtney to show me how to make them. I will have to have Courtney show me how to make an omelet. but no mushrooms as i don't really care for them. i don't remember the last time i had an omelet. neither of my parents knew how to make them so haven't had one since i had one in a restaurant decades ago. my nurse and case manager told me i should make them when i had my last injection and suggested green peppers, and ham to be in the omelet
@Marty1 I like omelettes in many ways, also with zucchini or with cheese, the frittata is not very different from the omelette, I like them both.
@LadyDuck what is a frittata? i have heard of it but have no idea what it is. is it hard to make? Do you grow zucchini in your garden? around here anybody i ever knew who grew zucchini had way too many and were giving them away to all their friends I would love an omelet with cheese. what kind do you use? I put a slice of American cheese on my scrambled eggs sandwich and it was so good that way! cheese seems to go with eggs well.
@Beestring (815)
Your sandwich must be delicious. I love eating eggs - fried, scrambled, boiled.
15h
Yes, the sandwich was delicious! i love scrambled eggs, but boiled eggs are my favorite way to eat eggs! boiled eggs are more time consuming to make than a pan of scrambled eggs
10h
@Marty1 Boiled eggs are also my favorite way to eat eggs.
8h
@Beestring do you find them time-consuming and don't always feel like making them?
@kobesbuddy (150582)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Bacon, scrambled- egg, cheese sandwich, that's a wonderful accomplishment! Good job, Jennifer:) You deserve a big pat on the back, for doing this on your own
Thank you!!! I tried just to prove to myself i don't need Courtney to make them!
@kobesbuddy (150582)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 With Courtney standing right there, is proof that you can do this on your own!
@kobesbuddy yes, she didn't even have to tell me what to do unless i asked her!
@LindaOHio (95348)
Congratulations. I knew you could do it! I had a protein bar and some raspberry yogurt. I like eggs scrambled, in egg salad and deviled.
Thank you! I thought i could do it but was afraid to try it myself before i tried and succeeded yesterday. i had the rest of them for breakfast as a sandwich again, this morning! do the protein bars that you eat have a flavor? if so, what flavor did you have? i love raspberry yogurt! but the store where i grocery shop doesn't always have raspberry Yoplait yogurt which is my favorite brand so get mostly orange cream and strawberry which is okay as they are both delicious!
@LindaOHio (95348)
@Marty1 I like the Greek yogurt best. The protein bars I had this time were in an assortment pack - Peanuts, almonds and dark chocolate, Peanut butter and dark chocolate and Salted caramel, peanuts and almonds.
@LindaOHio yummy! I am happy my dinner is in a half-hour as you made me hungry! I like one brand of Greek Yogurt but I seldom buy it. my favorite is Yoplait as i like the flavors the best. and with Greek Yogurt the yogurt gathers some kind of liquid on top of it once in a while and i don't like that. but that brand and i forget its name is the only one i like the taste
Good for you. My favourite eggs are with a runny yolk to dip my toast
Thanks! We made the eggs you like last week, but i watched that time. I will make those another week. Next week we have to go out, so it may not be for a while. The toast dipped in the runny yolk is delicious too!
@Marty1 so many ways to enjoy eggs.
@paigea I really like deviled eggs the best! My mom used to make me them for each holiday that we celebrated as i liked them so much!.
@RubyHawk (62651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Good for you. Now yo can have scrambled eggs anytime you want,Most of the time I have scrambled eggs. Sometimes I fry them and boil if I want egg salad.
Thanks! Yes, i do plan to have scrambled eggs any time i feel like having them! I will have a sandwich again for breakfast in the morning. I never had an egg salad. I don't usually boil eggs, But if i order food from Walmart i will order some eggs already boiled and peeled. But ordering groceries is too stressful so we are going to a grocery store next week and won't be getting them because they are so expensive everywhere but Wal-Mart.
@RubyHawk (62651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 For egg salad all you do is boil a few eggs, peel them, chop them up and stir in a little mayo and mustard if you like. Your peer might show you if she has time.
15h
@RubyHawk that sounds good and easy enough that i may be able to make it! i may try that after i buy new eggs as i plan on making scrambled eggs tomorrow morning and won't have enough. do you add the yolks, too?
@CarolDM (186515)
I knew you could do this. Remember me telling you that! Good for you. Keep going. You got this.
15h
thank you! yes! i do remember you telling me that I could do this! I am probably going to make more scrambled eggs on Monday! without my peer being here!
@CarolDM (186515)
15h
@Marty1 That makes me very happy. You got this.
15h
@CarolDM thank you!
@Deepizzaguy (67228)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Sausage and rice.
That sounds yummy! I have some precooked sausage in the freezer!
@Deepizzaguy (67228)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Marty1 It was a great dinner this evening.
@Deepizzaguy Great!!
@moonandstars (59083)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
excellent. small steps are the most important i like scrambled the most
16h
I agree about small steps, I am going to make some more scrambled eggs on Monday morning! I still can't believe i did it myself and they turned out so great! I love scrambled eggs but like hard-boiled ones the best!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
4h
@Marty1 happy for you. that inner joy gives you wings each year, i like hard-boiled eggs less and less, not sure why
1h
@moonandstars oh no! you are liking hard-boiled eggs less and less! I like them more and more! but don't make them often as they are so time-consuming and i hate peeling them
@RebeccasFarm (65339)
You are the best!!
A . thank you! YOU are the best too!
www..
@Marty1 Oh you are so welcome sweet Jennifer no you are the best
• Rockingham, Australia
I like scrambled eggs too but how clever of you to make them without any help. Congratulations.
15h
thank you! I had my peer here, but she didn't do anything, i just felt more comfortable having her in the kitchen with me. i think i may make some more scrambled eggs without anybody in the kitchen but me tomorrow morning!
• Rockingham, Australia
6h
@Marty1 Go for it! You've got this!
14m
@JudyEv Thank you! Courtney isn't here this morning and i just made scrambled eggs really on my own! they look good but i am not hungry enough to eat and plan on eating some of them on a sandwich for dinner today!
Yay, good for you. I hope Courtney will help you to make some delcioous healthy salads and or tunafish too. I think you can indeed be proud of yourself!
Thank you! I was thinking of buying some fresh vegetables to add to the head of lettuce that i always buy when Courtney takes me grocery shopping and we are going next Wednesday. I may also buy some cooked fried chicken and pull it apart and put it in my salad. i have done that before and it is really yummy!
Good for you and it sure sounds delicious, I love having egg on toast, I had a bowl of spaghetti,
Thank you! It was delicious! I plan on having another sandwich on toast this morning, too! Spaghetti sounds delicious! I have been meaning to make some. It has been so long since i made it. I thought about making it but haven't actually made it yet.
@kaylachan (34200)
I am not a fan of eggs so I won't be making them. However, I also can't answer what I'm eating, because I honestly don't know yet. I'll think of something though.
That's okay, not everyone likes eggs. I asked that question about dinner forgetting others don't eat dinner at 3 in the afternoon like i do. I eat early and might need a snack before going to bed in a little while!