I'm finally seeing a few bees........

I finally captured a bee enjoying my hollyhock .... they aren't perfect images but not bad from a cell phone.
El Paso, Texas
But only the tiny ones, I miss the bigger ones that used to grace my flowers. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The night before last it began to rain, right in time for the transition from spring to summer. Mostly it rained on and off all through the night then today it's been fairly cool, we only got up to about 86f with really high humidity at about 75%. It's cloudy out and I'm wondering if it'll rain again. I thought this gurnard would be interesting to watch, at first it reminded me of an insect
Your browser isn’t supported anymore. Update it to get the best YouTube experience and our latest features. Learn moreRemind me later
I am sure the big bumblebees will come along soon.
I hope so, I miss them and haven't seen them in about 2 years now.
I see the big bumblebee on the flowers of the sage. I want to seed more flowers for the bees.
I am putting all the seeds I am getting from my hollyhocks in the area that is getting the water runoff from my cooler. I plan to get sunflower and marigold seeds to put there too, hopefully more bees will arrive.
@rebelann The bees seem to like the sunflowers. I feed the birds with the sunflowers seeds and they are seeding the flowers for me.
Now that I have an area that's getting more moisture I should be able to grow more flowers.
@LindaOHio (95348)
We are getting a break today -- 78 degrees -- before the temps start climbing again. Thanks for the link to the gunard.
By 10 am it will be 80f with 52% humidity which is very high for this desert then by 3pm it should be over 90f and hopefully the humidity will only be 32% which is still high for this area but at least not as bad as 52%. I'm glad you liked the video.
@LindaOHio (95348)
@rebelann I hope you get a break in the weather soon.
When it gets down into the 80s during spring or summer that is a break.
@RubyHawk (62651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We need to take care of our bees. They’re vanishing at a fantastic rate. Without bees we’d have no food.
I pray it isn't too late. Too many people still use insecticides and herbicides which has killed so many of them
@RubyHawk (62651)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@rebelann People don’t understand we can’t live without bees.
Many do not understand this but I have met several teens who do so hopefully there are more who will change things for the better.
I"ve seen some bees recently
Isn't it wonderful?
@rebelann yes unless they're buzzing around my head
Some are curious about us and will buzz around me once or so but that doesn't scare me, I just let them buzz on by.
@CarolDM (186515)
I hope you see bumblebees soon. I have them in my Rose of Sharon blooms now.
I wish I would. A lot of my neighbors use insecticides and herbicides at an alarming rate.
@CarolDM (186515)
@rebelann That is too bad. They are apparently already declining. I get a lot each year and very happy.
Most likely the people in your area are more aware of the dangers of insecticides and herbicides.
They are busy collecting nectar.Here summer is in full swing.
Yes they are, I love watching bees and getting photos when I can. Our summer is also in full swing and luckily it is somewhat cooler than the month of June was.
@rebelann Today it is cooler than yesterday thanks to the thunderstorm last night.
It is common here for June to be the hottest month of the year but it will still be above 33c for the months of July and most of August then it will be more or less above 27c until late September and maybe even most of October.
@mrki444 (14966)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I got few bees at my balcony. Looks they prepare make home in of corners.
Oh my, maybe if you were to create smoke around there they will go elsewhere, smoke will not harm them but they do not like smoke.
@mrki444 (14966)
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@rebelann I found corner where they start build it. I first use smoke and later clean area.
@dgobucks226 (30292)
I've been seeing butterflies and a few bees buzzing around now. Also, the Catbirds have arrived for the summer. I have a big bush which I call the bee tree. Once it blooms, they are all over the flowers.
It used to be that as soon as my hollyhocks bloomed I'd get a whole lotta bees of all sizes, now I'm only getting the little ones, some idjit around here is killing all non-honeybees. I wish I could slap the chit outta them.
Glad you found some bees!
Me too thanks.
We have all sizes of bees buzzing around our raspberries. I'm hoping we get plenty.
I hope you will too.
Cooler today
Today we're going to be warmer again.
@RebeccasFarm (65339)
Poor ol bees..I love them. That gunard..what a funny name and a relaxing video
Yeah, I just pray that our govment will ban all poisons dealing with pests and plants, it's all so unnecessary. I know, it's a funny looking fish. Those little legs remind me of insects.
I am seeing bees here few days ago and I just avoid them because I know they are after those flowers.
I enjoy watching them buzz around the flowers, I am attempting to get video of them.
• Rockingham, Australia
What a strange little creature. I loved the markings on it.
Yes, very strange. I thought those little legs it has was like an insect.
@kaylachan (34200)
I hope you get the rain you need.
We did get quite a lot these last 2 days and the high humidity helps as well.