House on the Corner Roses

When on my way to the appointment I sometimes go to, I love to see the flowers in gardens. This one is on the corner on the way, well one of the corners. Lovely roses, though you can tell the heat has gotten to them. I hope one day to have roses of my own. My Father planted the dark American Beauty roses along the fence at home for my Mom as I recall them always in memory. Did you have roses growing up?
Those look lovely. I've never grown roses. The wild rose is Alberta's flower and we have many on our property. The tended part of the property. Hubby would not have them in the tended part of the yard, he thinks they are a weed.
He does I know the wild roses I love them. At one time, I had them all along my fence in a lovely house I had years ago
@RebeccasFarm Did they look like this?
@paigea Yes they did..I had the pink and yellow
@RubyHawk (63335)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I had roses and many other flowers before I moved into an apartment. My mother wasn’t interested in growing flowers.
You loved the flowers though Ruby.
@RubyHawk (63335)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@RebeccasFarm Yes I do love flowers. I have shade plants on my deck because of shade trees but I like a shady deck too.
@RubyHawk Oh yes I had some shade wildflowers here but got fed up the other day as I wont be able to take with me..when I go..aggravated you know so I just gave them to the girl at the back here
When I was in Portland Oregon, I visited a big public rose garden. Beautiful and interesting as there was information about all the varieties.
Oh that sounds nice, I would have loved to visit there. It would have been of great interest to me.
@RebeccasFarm Maybe your city has one?
@paigea I only know of the botanical gardens downtown here.
@m_audrey6788 (57312)
My neighbor has a lot of nice roses blooming this summer
It would also be nice for us to have them
@RebeccasFarm I will see if I can plant little flowers in my small garden
@m_audrey6788 I had some but I threw them away..if I move
@moffittjc (105229)
• Gainesville, Florida
My mom was a huge fan of roses, and so they were planted all over the yard of the house I grew up in. Currently, I don’t have any rose bushes in my yard, because it is heavily shaded. But my neighbors on either side of me have lots of rose bushes planted among their landscape.
Sounds lovely the roses growing up then Jeff. Yes they need some sun.
@moffittjc (105229)
• Gainesville, Florida
@RebeccasFarm I have such a thick and mature tree canopy over my entire yard that I really can’t plant anything that’s flowering because not enough sunlight reaches the ground level. Bad for plants, but great for helping keep my electric bill down in the summer! Lol
@moffittjc Yes indeed the shade is a blessing for bills
@moonandstars (59442)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
red and pink roses at my house in my home place. my mum really took care of them but stopped cause, they are not that easy to preserve and, i always had to be careful of thorns these are lovely to meet often, on your way to a meeting p.s. your father was a real romantic
He was a good Dad also RIP
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@dgobucks226 (30375)
Roses are a beautiful flower for sure! Did you know they are one of the oldest flowers? They have been around for centuries! Each color rose has a different meaning. The red rose symbolizes romance, love, beauty, and courage. Pretty cool stuff
No I did not know it was one of the oldest DB. But I guess Romeo may have given Juliette a rose or two.
@dgobucks226 (30375)
@RebeccasFarm Perhaps... "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" -from Romeo and Juliet
@CarolDM (187020)
Such gorgeous roses. I have the dark pink ones as you know. We always had roses and they grew wild too.
I love the wild too Carol
@CarolDM (187020)
@dya80dya (26614)
My grandmother had roses. And there are some around our building. I love them.
I am glad you have them and that your dear Grandmother had some. I love them also.
@fasihpti (641)
i planted roses and furites trees and my home they are good looking i feel good when i see them in morning
I am glad you did Fasih
@yanzalong (17897)
I love to see grass and small trees on both sides of the road. I love sitting by the window when ever I go by bus.
I am like that too Yanza
Growing up, I guess we had azaleas and camelias . . . my parents still have them in their yard. My dad was a gardener by occupation, and did bonsai, so we had lots of plants/trees around (though I never bothered to learn names ). The roses for your mom must've been so beautiful !
Your parents are wonderful Much!! Bonsai
@Dena91 (17861)
We have one bush that has been hearty for us, the others have not made it through the years. Beautiful picture.
Thank you Dena God bless xo
• Rockingham, Australia
Our friends had a heap of roses - like 300 or so. There were a lot in one area that had a lovely perfume when you walked through.
Oh that sounds lovely Judy
Those are so nice to see as you pass. We used to have 2 large rose bushes climbing up the front of our front porch. My Gramma planted them both as she and my Grandpa lived in the house before my parents married. One shrub was a beautiful red and the other an adorable pink. But, my favorite rose was the little yellow rosebush that my Gramma planted after she moved into the new home that my Dad had built for them. Those roses were so beautiful.
I love the little yellow ones too Julia
Very beautiful, I miss the roses in my garden in Latvia, All along our street there were many lovely flowers in the neighbor's gardens. Growing up my parents and I always lived in apartments.
Aw Sandra wish you could have the rose garden again..but you will in heaven
Those are beautiful. We moved when I was 7 and had a whole row of them across the house. I loved to look at them, but parents were not gardeners and they eventually perished, but I was happy when they were there.
Oh what a shame they perished Rhonda
My parents had a summer house and they had white and pink wild roses. They smelled so good!
Oh my gosh a summer house so lovely Marlina
When mom and dad bought their house in 1959 one of the first things mom planted (other than trees) were rose bushes.
Your Mom loved them then Rebel..good
• Kenya
While going to school I used to see roses growing by the roadside and we would pluck them up and smell all the way to school it was a beautiful experience