Forgive me please.

I hope you read the heading before you clicked the actual post. I am shocked at all the complaints I am seeing on Facebook about the gas prices. We know the gas is high and we know that food is high too. But I have yet to see anyone cut out nails and hair care to support the food shopping bills. Today I saw at least 5 nail designs and a million new hairstyles shared. if there is an inflation or real struggle why are these things not causing stores to shut down? I have over 10 hair supply stores in my area and at least 20 nail shops. Today I posted on Facebook that when nails and hair begin to become a natural thing I will believe more of the inflation comments. Today is one of my groups a woman said she stopped coloring her hair. She is natural now and loves it. Another gave up makeup and she feels better. Those are the only two cases I have heard of since inflation became an issue. I already said forgive me but do I really need to be asking for forgiveness for something clearly truthful? One lady was so proud to now shop tj max for handbags. She considers that inflation shopping. I have never seen a handbag in tv max that was not a good brand.
Yes, there are many extras we can do without, before we need to complain we don't have money.
I am sure there will be some that will agree.
@sharon6345 I used to have long hair and so did my daughter; I didn't spend money for hair cuts.
@paigea I bet it was pretty too. I am bald and I love that I shave it myself.
@yoalldudes (31672)
I set aside fun money so I get to enjoy a bit and not feel deprived. But my salary goes to food, transpo, medicine, and essential supplies at home.
@sjvg1976 (32533)
How much is the percentage of your salary you keep aside for enjoyment?
@yoalldudes (31672)
@sjvg1976 Just a little bit. When I received my bonus I set aside $60. I have a sinking fund but dont have a fixed percentage.
@sjvg1976 (32533)
@yoalldudes that's fine. I always try to save 60% of my salary.
I cut my own hair, take care of my own nails, and I am happy with what I have, I also gave up coloring my hair and except for some parts that are white most of it is still dark, Things I do not need I do without,
That is what real savings are like.
@CarolDM (187021)
Life is all about our priorities.
I am seeing some strange ones.
I have always bought on sales and clearance to save money. A lot of times i have got expensive items at good prices. I got a $110 purse for $10 on clearance.
That is always a good thing but what I am seeing around with all these beauty treatments makes me thing inflation where.
@sharon6345 If you are hurting for money getting your hair done and your nails done should be last on the list.
@MarieCoyle (5569)
Yes, when you see someone begging for help constantly and they get their nails done weekly and hair done professionally....that's a big priority for some, but then they don't have money for baby diapers and such...it's about priorities. You get your needs and your family's needs first. The other stuff is just gravy, the icing on the cake....it's extra. I don't understand some people.
That is why I am ok not helping anymore it makes me sacrifice for you not me. Those abusers I mean.
@sjvg1976 (32533)
Yes we should check our expenses and cut down the extra expenses if we can.