Day 23--finishing the day with a very easy dinner

I resisted the urge to go to the grocery store today. I didn't really need to go, but I'm going through a little bit of withdrawal. So, I went ahead and made sure that I planned on a couple of things for this hot weather, and kept myself busy so I didn't go spend money. When it was time for dinner, I didn't want to do anything fancy, so I simply had two of the beef low-fat Hebrew National frankfurters with some barbecue sauce, potato salad that I made earlier in the day, and the last of the beetroot and cucumber salad that I had leftover from yesterday. It all fed me, was relatively healthy, and didn't cost me anything else from the store! Photo is my own
MY dinner is on the stove now and I am eager to chow down.
I ate early tonight.
@TheSojourner That is good you ate. There is no good feeling going to bed hungry.
@Deepizzaguy (67180)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You enjoyed a great meal tonight.
Yes, it was simple.
@Deepizzaguy (67180)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Another week and June is over and you can indulge in buying more grocery. I opened a can of cannellini beans that we had with canned tuna for lunch.
I have tuna. I have cannellini. I have another Anna recipe to try. And what do I do with them? LOL
@TheSojourner I season the cannellini with olive oil black better, salt and chopped red onion. I place the cannellini on the dish and the tuna (canned in olive oil) on top of the cannellini. We had a tomato and lettuce salad as a side dish.
@LadyDuck as you were describing it and I first started reading it, I thought about putting a bed of greens on the plate and some sliced tomato and then piling the the seasoned beans atop that and then the tuna. It sounds like we're on the same page.
@SonjaRae (7573)
You've been doing a fantastic job! Kudos Sister!
thank you.
@SonjaRae (7573)
@TheSojourner Thank you for sharing the journey!
@SonjaRae I wouldn't have had it any other way.
@Torunn (8633)
• Norway
It's only a week left of June. You can do it! Do you have sensible stuff left that you can eat without buying too much extras? I assume you have stuff left to eat :-) But there's food you have and then there's the food you want. I did have some extra gin and tonic this week, since you didn't want them. And some extra ice-cream. Too warm not to eat ice-cream. I have to go back to try all the other varieties ;-)
Welcome back! I hope that you had a wonderful time. Lots of ice cream, gin and tonic, and I hope you brought back enough bread to satisfy you for now!
@Torunn (8633)
• Norway
@TheSojourner It was great, there's bread in the freezer but I still have too much to do some I'm wondering why I didn't just stay til over the weekend. Maybe all the things that I have to do would have just disappeared! ;-) Off to do the first one now. Then to a wedding. I will go underdressed, eat and leave. Hope you have good weather and interesting things to cook :-)
@Torunn Don't go too underdressed or you might be the life of the wedding. LOL Enjoy!!
@LindaOHio (95280)
You are being so good! You might need a loaf of bread though??
Between now and the end of the month, I will buy no new bread. I have corn tortillas or hot dog buns that I can use. Or I can use a lettuce leaf to wrap something in, and I don't need the bread right now.
@LindaOHio (95280)
20h
@TheSojourner Very creative!
Yummy!!!! What did you put on the potato salad? It looks like it is tasty! I may try what you tried for July. I will be going to the grocery store at the end of the month with my peer but may try to buy enough to freeze some food and not go grocery shopping for the rest of the month. I am trying to use what I have until next Wednesday when i go out again grocery as i didn't go this past wednesday as it was way too hot
I wrote about the potato salad with all the ingredients in another post. If you are talking about the reddish orange stuff, it's smoked paprika.
@wolfgirl569 (55681)
• Marion, Ohio
You have done good. You can finish this month
I have no doubt.
Sounds good enough to me
I will be fine. Thank you.
You just have to last seven more days until the end of the month. So far you have done really good. Frankfurters are always good to eat.
And I love these 99% fat free