My health and why I have not been here....

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hello myLot friends, I told you i was getting an echocardiogram test on my heart Thursday morning, That test turned out fine!!! BUT i saw my psychiatrist that afternoon and to get my injection for him, (they make our appointments with our psychiatrist for those of us who get injections the same day to make it easier to get there since a lot of us have to rely on rides since we don't drive) I get my weight checked (I lost a pound!!!) and blood pressure checked each time i get my injection. my nurse and psychiatrist were very concerned as my blood pressure was the highest it has been in the last six years since i started injections, It was 155/100 or something very close to that. Then i mentioned i have been getting headaches lately and i thought it was from the blood pressure which my nurse confirmed. I told my psychiatrist how sometimes the tremors were coming back and how annoying they were. well, he changed my past tremor medicine and gave me a new medicine and it is supposed to help the blood pressure and the tremors, but the tremors in my chin/lips are back worse. It started getting even worse the next night after i went off the other medicine, and they are still going and it is very annoying My case manager took me to the drug store the next day (we spent from 9:30-2 pm together that day and she had to see somebody else, so she came back on Friday afternoon and she took me and i bought a blood pressure monitor. it is better today, Sunday at 147/72 than it was on Saturday at 146/89. I have a calendar i keep track of some things for my psychiatrist that my case manager said to put my blood pressure on it daily like i do everything else we are monitoring i am always stressed so lay in bed last night from 5 p,m, and watched TV and just tried to relax. it is so hard. yesterday i woke up at 4 am and went back to bed until 11 am and today i woke up at 4 am and went back to bed until 10 am. i think i am getting depressed... how have you been doing lately?
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m sorry you’re having health problems. My blood pressure went up dangerously high during Xmas and I had to e hospitalized during Xmas . It was caused by stress. It’s down to a normal level now. I’m telling you this so you won’t be too worried about yours being somewhat elevated. Take your medication and try not to worry and keep a record for your doctor. He’ll get your medication right.
Thank you for making me feel better. I am sorry about your blood pressure over Christmas. I spent two hours reading Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie then lay in bed watching TV for six hours last night until i fell asleep at around midnight yesterday. By doing that yesterday my blood pressure was 122/90 this afternoon. so i think that is good, isn't it?
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Marty1 That’s a perfect number. You’re doing everything right. My blood pressures fine now. Seems.li I recently read Sleeping Murder. but I’ve forgotten what it was about.
@RubyHawk Sleeping Murder is about a lady who buys a house her father lived in with her in England before he sent her to live with relatives in New Zealand. She thinks she remembers a murdered lady in the house and finds out with Miss Marple her dad who killed himself she finds out insisted he killed her and she was his second wife who was leaving him, but there was no body and psychiatrists didn't believe him. they said it was a fixation. I don't know what else as i am not done yet.
@divalounger (5817)
I am sorry to hear that you have not been doing well. My blood pressure also runs high from time to time. My doc suggested, and I got, a home blood pressure cuff--and that has really helped. I have come to understand better when it is high, and I have come to understand how much exercise can lower it. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better quickly.
@Marty1 lack of sleep is an important marker for a number of health conditions. Keep on top of it--and great job on the blood pressure!
@divalounger I got thirteen hours of sleep last night because I took a pill my psychiatrist gave me to sleep. I took them other nights but two nights without sleep with the medicine really affected me, I am still sleepy and dizzy today from those days without sleep and that medicine to sleep. Maybe lack of sleep is what is making my blood pressure so high.
@Marty1 I have wondered about the correlation between sleep and blood pressure for myself, but have not come up with any answers yet. The dizziness doesn't sound good though.
@DaddyEvil (86673)
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems again and hope something helps you with them. One of your doctors should be more concerned about the blood pressure you're experiencing right now. That is hypertension, even if it isn't as bad as some cases I know about. If you keep getting readings close to the ones you've told us about, please leave a message for your regular doctor after the holiday weekend.
Thank you. I am trying not to be as stressed as i have been lately. I spent two hours reading the Agatha Christie book Sleeping Murder and then spent six hours in bed watching TV yesterday and felt better for a while. My case manager called my heart doctor and told his personal nurse who called her back the next day after talking to my heart doctor and said the new medicine would be fine to take. today it is 122/90 I don't know if the bottom or top number is more important?
@DaddyEvil (86673)
@Marty1 You're welcome. Both numbers are important. 122/90 is okay for right now. It's when the top number goes above 135 or the bottom number goes above 100 that you should let someone know. (The doctor still might tell you those numbers are okay but they will ask you to let them know if the numbers go too high again.) I hope you're feeling better today. The way you spent your time yesterday sounds wonderful! I hope you find other ways to relax, too.
@DaddyEvil Thank you for the great explanation of the numbers. Today is fine at 117/69 pulse 73. Isn't that okay? I don't know how else i would find to relax, I don't have many hobbies, but I am open to suggestions!
Sounds like you are. Those tremors would stress me out and the stress would bring my pressure up I would imagine. My daughter gets her shot when she gets her meds check each month.
i had high blood pressure even whenever my tremors were gone with the different medicine, Then my psychiatrist only changed the medicine because of the blood pressure and the tremors recently started coming back. i see my psychiatrist once a month too, but the medicine i get for my shot has to be given every two weeks. once he thought about giving it to me every three weeks but realized that the medicine has to be given every two weeks, And this is the only medicine that works for me.
@Marty1 ........It is great that you and your doctor have found a medication that works. That is one thing that took a long time for my daughter who is bipolar and myself.
@celticeagle My bipolar medicine works well, but not so sure the injection medicine works completely, but it works enough. However, i will always believe my cat talks and wins awards as the best chef in the universe. please don't laugh, i firmly believe it.
@LindaOHio (98943)
I'm sorry you're not doing well. Try not to be so stressed. My BP goes up when I'm stressed; and please don't be depressed. We are all here to support you. I am doing OK...hanging in there! Take care and keep us posted.
thank you. I am trying not to be stressed. I sat down and read for two hours yesterday and read part of an Agatha Christie book and felt so much less stressed, then lay down in bed and watched TV from 6 p.m. to around midnight when i finally fell asleep. I am not as depressed anymore, so that is good! Glad you are doing ok and hanging in there!
@LindaOHio (98943)
@Marty1 I'm glad you're feeling better. If ever you need to talk, don't hesitate to PM me.
@LindaOHio Thank you dear one! I just may PM you!
@moonandstars (60456)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
i am sorry about you not sleeping but i hope it will get better; you got new medicine and all. also, very nice of them to think of the person who depends on the ride
Thank you. I am still not sleeping well, that is a nice thing to help those of us who need the ride, the new medicine is not working. Now my legs feel as if they are twitching a bit.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Marty1 o, no. bad medicine.
@Tina30219 (78238)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear about this I hope things get better soon
thank you! today my top number on my blood pressure went way down. But the bottom number was high, it was 122/90 today. I am trying to relax,
@Tina30219 (78238)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Marty1 Yeah just relax as much as you can
@JESSY3236 (16482)
When I started seeing my primary doctor, she said my blood pressure has been high. I started keeping track of it and my food at home. I had been using my uncle's blood pressure monitor, but the cuff was too big and I think the machine is too old. So my mother got me a new one. It was still high in the afternoons so my doctor suggested to go up on my water pills. I also got tested for Hepatitis C and I found out I have it. So I start taking the medication to cure it next week.
I just found out from my heart doctor that i should continue to not take my water pill as my heart doctor didn't know my primary care doctor took me off it because my sodium level was too low and that is why the primary care doctor took me off of the water pill as i probably urinated out the sodium. My heart doctor looked at my blood tests and doesn't want me on the water pill again i hope you get better with your Hepatitis C
Well, I wish the very best for you and hope you feel better. I will put you in my prayers, I have been managing keeping my anxiety at a normal level and just enjoying working online,
thank you! i appreciate the prayers. I am glad you are keeping your anxiety level to a normal level. Hooray!!!!!! Glad you are enjoying working online!
Do you try doing deep breathing exercises from your belly when you go to sleep. That should help calm you down and relax you enough to sleep.
no, i have tried things like that and they don't work for me. BUT i will try them again tonight. thanks for the suggestion it has been a long time since i tried something like that, so it may work this time around.
I am surprised that the cardiologist didn't address the hypertension and that the psychiatrist didn't put you on some kind of medication.
i am on Coreg from my cardiologist and Lorsartan from my primary care doctor for high blood pressure, but neither seem to be working. my cardiologist said taking the new medicine Inderal that my psychiatrist gave me would be fine. my psychiatrist put me on Inderal for the blood pressure and the tremors as there is a special name the pharmacist called it when it is mainly a heart medicine but should also work for other things like my tremors, but it isn't working for the tremors and made them worse.