Execution planned every month in this US State until 2025!

Yes, you read that correctly. In the state of Oklahoma, these are the plans. This is coming from a state that "believes in pro-life," beginning at fertilization in the womb. It might be more accurate to say that they believe in pro-choice, as long as they get to make the choice between who or what lives and dies. This does not make sense to me, and probably never will. It is hypocrisy, at its finest. What do you think? Photo credit: pixabay
Oklahoma has been at the heart of the nation's death penalty debate after botched lethal injections that led to a more than five-year execution moratorium.
@JimBo452020 (42601)
• Montrose, Scotland
Do they ever make mistakes and kill someone who later turns out to be innocent
@JimBo452020 (42601)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner Surely any new evidence should be looked at.
@JimBo452020 One would think.
@JimBo452020 (42601)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner America is a strange place which gets stranger and stranger all the time
It isn't about being "pro-life". It is all about control.
Of course it is. And I'm wondering of the 30 people or so that will be executed, what is the demographic of the human beings who have been deemed as undesirable?
@TheSojourner gonna go with black males for $600 Alex
@NJChicaa you just got a daily double! How much would you like to wager of your $6,200?
I don't get it either. This doesn't sound pro-life to me . . . need to keep this life, but not that life. Picking and choosing who gets to live? Hmmmm.
@TheSojourner Right. That's the thing . . .
@much2say well, and some of the people, once they get a guilty verdict, are convinced they're absolutely guilty. We all know that's not the case.
@divalounger (5843)
The rise in executions began again under Trump. This is happening at time when the Courts are limiting the evidence that can be brought to support a new trial --
@TheSojourner it is tragic really
@divalounger yes, it is.
I agree.
@Shiva49 (24717)
I do hope no innocent gets killed due to miscarriage of justice as it happens at times. To take away another life is repugnant to my thinking except for calculated murder.
I'm not quite sure that I understand what you mean by your last part of your statement, "... except for calculated murder."
@Shiva49 (24717)
@TheSojourner Murder that is premeditated and not due to a spur of the moment reaction.
@Shiva49 (24717)
@TheSojourner I would agree in the rarest of rare cases where utmost planning was done with malicious intent. The person was intent on taking another life to start with.
@SonjaRae (11474)
Welcome to Oklahoma. Land of the Righteous, Bible Belt, Right winged conservatists who are soooo hypocritical. I had never had my eyes opened soooo wide, before moving here 12 years ago. I don't know how hard it must be to swallow the push for the LGBTQ Community to have rights. The parades! Strips clubs and so much more.
I just don't get it all.
I agree. Hypocrisy at its finest.
@wolfgirl569 (58571)
• Marion, Ohio
They are enjoying having the control to decide.
I hear you.
That just leaves me speechless I don't see it but I guess they think they know better
I just cannot bear any longer to let go without speaking up at the absurdity of the arguments made. It seems like it's a pick'n'choose ideology. I understand that people have opinions, but when it's made in such a sweeping way on one level, claiming that life is the most important thing, and on another without regard to the same claim, it will never be something that makes sense.
absolutely disgusting, I am totally against the taking of any life. The thought of execution has always made me furious. Prison and if they really want to punish the criminal maybe solitary confinement, but never take away their life. executing murderers is being as evil as the person being executed.
And these are some of the same people that say that there are no exceptions for an abortion whatsoever. I am not arguing whether or not abortion should be legal or not. However, I am saying that these are the types of things that will make it a first degree capital murder should a medical professional assist a pregnant woman, resulting in an abortion. And it will do the same for the pregnant woman who has an abortion. At that point, will the same people agree that these two different people also need to be murdered, as they think everything is Black or White, wrong or right?