Cooper's vacuum attack and more

It's already after 3 p.m. and it's only 58F/14C and cloudy grey. We have had some sprinkles. This is hardly summer weather! However, it certainly does suit me fine. Today has been very quiet so far. Cooper a good night's sleep last night. We only heard one or two noises, suspect of fireworks. He did get a bit anxious about other dogs that were barking, when we went to bed. I haven't done too much today. I did take my breakfast of oatmeal and coffee outside this morning. It was a bit damp out, but I loved the freshness of the air. Cooper seemed to enjoy the quietness of the morning, as well. Then we went on our morning walk. I later went to two people's homes in the BuyNothing.org group. One was giving away a couple of things that I would use--Unopened bag of masa harina and two cans of Progresso brand soup. She also two boxes of the instant oatmeal packets (totaling 36 packets), which I won't eat, but I will see if RGD or another friend would use them. Another woman, who has become somewhat of a friend, is finishing to pack up some things she was offering at her garage sale. I dropped off a couple of boxes for her. I offered to take a bunch of the Rae Dunn products over to the Discovery Shop (thrift store run by the American Cancer Society). I have a run to make this week myself, so I will just stack it up with my boxes and deliver it all at once. I am waiting on her to let me know when I can pick them up today or tomorrow. I fixed some lunch today, which was pretty much what I threw in the pan--leftover rice, onion, a sausage, and an egg. It took away the hunger. I'm not in the mood to cook much more than that right now. There's not been much joy in cooking these last couple of days. I'm sure that I'll get over that, but I don't know when. I did run the one little vacuum (Euroflex Monster stick made in Italy?) I have on the bare kitchen and hallway floors. For some reason, Cooper decides it's something to bark at and try to attack. He doesn't do that with the larger vacuum that I use for the carpets. It might be because it's black and white zebra stripes on the end. I know he has some sight issues, but he might see it in a different way. Who knows? I do find it funny as all hell. That's all for the time being. What's going on in your part of the world today? Photo/graphic credit: Pixabay
@wolfgirl569 (57999)
• Marion, Ohio
I got some needed cleaning done today. Also played with Whitey Sh ithead.
I'm laughing so hard at the name.
@wolfgirl569 (57999)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner He lives up to the last name very well But I needed something Monster would be allowed to say also.
@wolfgirl569 she's allowed to say sh ithead? LOL
@kobesbuddy (152555)
• East Tawas, Michigan
If our weather stayed in the high 50s to the mid 70s, I'd be thrilled to pieces!
It certainly is nice, I think.
@kobesbuddy (152555)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheSojourner When the weather gets hot, I can barely function.
@kobesbuddy I'm right there with you.
The cat runs away as soon as I turn on my vacuum. At least I found a way to get rid of him when he becomes annoying. How is the Euroflex Monster (it is Italian)? I have read customers reviews on Amazon and they go from "excellent" to "horrible product, noisy, eats a lot".I had bought a similar one in Italy a few years ago, it did not last long.
It was given to me many years ago when I was first diagnosed with this cancer. My friend bought it because it was zebra stripe. Quite honestly, I only found it in a box a year ago, so it took me that long to use it. I was going to try to sell it. But I decided to keep it for the hardwood and in the kitchen. It works okay for small jobs. I have not had any troubles with it. I don't see it as a heavy duty vacuum, but I do see it as a great little tool to use for those small jobs.
@TheSojourner The magic words "... many years ago...". this is why it works, old stuff lasted for years. I have a vacuum cleaner that I bought when we got married, it is not Chinese or Italian, it is German, it still works.
@LadyDuck I bet it's heavy!
@oahuwriter (24412)
Cooper can be a clown at times! Nice things you've gotten. So good of you to help out too! A quiet day of Hallmark binge watching. Cooked my blueberry pancakes, today and will have some leftovers for Tuesday. Tomorrow, Marukai, plate lunch, soy chicken on their menu, so getting myself a mini plate.
That sounds so yummy!
@oahuwriter (24412)
@TheSojourner Was delicious! Marukai's soy chicken nice ginger taste & not too sweet. My leftover shrimp & fried hot dog slices, made it quite a smorgasbord for July 4th celebration.
@oahuwriter sounds like you had all of your proteins covered! LOL
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Not much going on here. My sister called and we talked about an hour. I finished reading a book and now I’m mylotting.
I talked to mine (Sonja) for 2 hours yesterday. She's out fishing today. I imagine she'll show up here in a little while, barring any delays.
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@TheSojourner That’s nice that you have a sister close by. I have four but none near me.
@RubyHawk I was talking about @SonjaRae in Tulsa. I'm west of Seattle. And I meant "here" as in myLot.
@aninditasen (7520)
• Raurkela, India
Even our dog barked and avoided a vacuum cleaner. Cats run away seeing it. I cooked my breakfast and lunch. Dinner will of course be roti that's made by me and curry and some cold milk.
What I don't understand is why he does that with the small vacuum but not the large one. It's kind of funny. Dinner sounds great!
• Raurkela, India
@TheSojourner It depends on the mood of the pets. My kittens used to sit and watch the vacuum run.
@aninditasen I had a friend who used to have a cat that would climb on top of the vacuum as she would push it along to vacuum. He would ride it like an amusement park ride
@kaylachan (35577)
We had a cat who used to hiss and arch his back at the vacuum. We dubbed it mean machine. Getting ready for our road trip and I am looking forward to it. Sure it's a night at the beach, but still.
How exciting, Kayla! You live at a beach. How far are you going away?
@kaylachan (35577)
@TheSojourner About two miles, maybe three. I do live in Daytona Beach, yes. but on the mainland side. However, you wouldn't think so because of all the sand we have.
Oh how I would love to feel a "damp" morning! It is coolish in the a.m. here, but it doesn't last for long. Glad Cooper got to have a night of peace - oh those poor ears. Can you imagine if Cooper thinks the little vacuum is trying to invade his territory ! We were able to have bike ride at Pierce College. No one was there - it was great!
It's been many years since I was over at that college. I'm glad you had that chance to bike I wonder if they make noise canceling earphones for dogs. It would probably drive them crazy.
@TheSojourner We love going through different colleges. Today the kids and I walked through Valley College (another community college in Valley Glen). My sister used to crank up their noisy A/C and turned up the TV volume for their dog on these firework days. She said it worked, but not sure if it works on all dogs.
@much2say He heard it through the tv noise. :-( I knew ABOUT Valley JC, but never have been there.
@Plethos (13524)
rae dunn. i am very familiar with that merch, my gf loves the coffee mugs.
I am glad she will allow me to take them to the ACS. I'm sure they will bring in some good money at the boutique style thrift shop.
@Plethos (13524)
@TheSojourner - rae dunn stuff is widely sought after.
@Plethos Apparently, however, it's losing some of its appeal.
@LindaOHio (99062)
Thanks for the update. Nothing much going on here. The fireworks will start again around 9:30. They continued until 11 last night. Hope you and Cooper have a good 4th.
It was really loud last night. He had his little meltdown yesterday into the wee hours of the night.
@LindaOHio (99062)
@TheSojourner Poor Cooper!
@LindaOHio poor Cooper who is treated like a crown Prince around here! LOL
@MarieCoyle (6690)
If you come over and bring Cooper, I will let him cruise around with Rosie, the robot vacuum, if he wants to. Rosie is quiet and does great work, I wish I would have had her years ago.
I'm not sure how he would feel about that. I don't have to turn this one on and he starts barking at it when I start using it just pulling it out
@TheSojourner Well, my Rosie is programmed to my phone, so I can magically start vacuuming from anywhere, but I only use Rosie to clean when I am home. So far, so good. I love Rosie, she does a great job and doesn't complain at all.
Buynothing.org sounds interesting. Dogs don't seem to care for anything that is loud. Our cats just disappear.
I really like the idea of the project. There are some groups that are certainly better than others, from what I understand, but I really appreciate the whole global type of idea. I hope it continues to keep going. I don't understand it because he doesn't respond that way to my big vacuum.
Buy Nothing Project (c) 2022 The Buy Nothing Project, Inc. Have you benefited from your Buy Nothing Project community? If so, we ask you, humbly, to help. Please donate to help support the platform we are building, where all of our communities can thrive i
@TheSojourner .......Thanks for the info on the site. Probably just a different sound than he is used to.
@celticeagle I think you're right.
@JimBo452020 (42614)
• Montrose, Scotland
Even we were warmer than 14C at.3pm Well done Cooper, attacking the poor wee vacuum lol
We are about that still at 5:20p.m. He is so funny, Jim.
@JimBo452020 (42614)
• Montrose, Scotland
@TheSojourner 01.30am 12C here I would love yovmeet him one day Coral, as that would mean I get to meet you
@JimBo452020 that would be fun.
I turned the TV on for a nap with a girl who had disappeared (I Discovery channel). I woke up with another person disappearing. And in is raining out now and dark out. The day went away somehow
The day disappears as the girls.
@TheSojourner It was a good nap though.
@marguicha That's a great thing. :-)
@Adie04 (13713)
My part of the world is quiet for 2 days too. It's good because I can take this time to speed up mylot.
I hope that works out well for you! Enjoy!
@Adie04 (13713)
@TheSojourner Thank you!
Cooper keeps you entertained. Here I'm feeling down as Grandson left after a short visit and our family is just too spread out.
I am sorry for your letdown. It's difficult when all spread out, if you all get along. I used to feel down for a number of reasons, but glad that many are spread out. Now, I am glad for the moments I get where I feel the joys. It sounds like you had a good time, though? Probably not long enough, I'm sure. Hugs.
@TheSojourner Thank you.
• Rockingham, Australia
That's funny that Cooper attacks the vacuum cleaner. I love seeing those videos of cats and dogs (sometimes) sitting on the robot vacuums and going round and round.
That would be funny to see that.
Cooper is the last of the brave hunters. He is protecting you from that beast.
You made me laugh at your statement. I'll have to start thinking about that. He is a great hunter.
The motor may sing in a different key. I read once that all American appliances have an motor sound in the key of B flat (Robert Fulgham) but maybe if this is made in Italy it "sings" in a key Cooper finds unfamiliar. Don't you wish he could tell you?
That's interesting. I've never heard that about them being tuned at a certain key. I wish he could tell me.
@FourWalls (45520)
As I type this I have the sunset from the beach camera in Destin, Florida up on the big screen while people shoot off fireworks outside my house. I did the laundry and got an actual box of junk cleaned out from the attic. Gee, 43 more years and it’ll be cleaned out completely!
You'll still be working hard on that when you're 103! LOL Hope you had a great day