Good Morning

@SonjaRae (10667)
It's Monday morning and I am still in my pajamas, having coffee, sitting here on MyLot and watching television this morning. I am exhausted from yesterday. I think the heat was a bit much yesterday. Even though I put on sunscreen, I still ended up getting a bit sunburned. My muscles are sore too. When we pulled up to the bank and threw out the anchor, we were up a bit in the sand. That's not usually a problem, but I think with all of the boat traffic and waves, it either pushed the boat up further or kicked up a lot of sand and we ended up bottomed out on the sand. We spent about an hour, trying to push the boat from every side, rocking it back and forth to get it dislodged. We did finally get it done, but this was a tad bit more exertion than I really had the strength to do after that kind of outing. Last night he said, "Maybe we will go out again tomorrow. I'll let you know." It's now 10:39 am and I haven't yet heard from him, but I am NOT going to do that again today, especially not on the actual Holiday. If I thought the lake was packed yesterday, I am quite sure there were double the amount of people out there today. I just want to lay around and recover today. Here's to a day of relaxation! What plans do you all have today?
Do nothing, lay down and rest and enjoy this 4th of July celebration at home.
@SonjaRae (10667)
I am in my bedroom, on the bed, television on and myLot! lol Well, I did actually come back from the kitchen. I halved a large zucchini, cored the center, and chopped up some green onion, diced up some left-over chicken from the freezer, added that to a pan with the left over spaghetti sauce, added about 3/4 cup of water, some seasoning and about a 1/4 cup of rice. Brought it to a low boil and then lowered it to a simmer and covered it. Once the rice is cooked, I will scoop it into the zucchini and bake it, topped with some parmesan cheese. Dinner will be ready before I've even eaten breakfast or lunch. LOL
@SonjaRae I used to make stuffed zucchini, no rice, ground beef, Parmesan, Italian sausage, garlic and parsley. It is a long time I do not make them anymore.
@SonjaRae (10667)
@LadyDuck I don't often make them, but when I do, I think fondly of my Mom.
I don't think any of us are ready for this heat. It tires us physically just to be out in it. Physical labor in the heat is going to make a body sore. Epson salts is good for sore muscles.
@SonjaRae (10667)
I have napped today and been laying around. I did finish my laundry though. I would consider soaking, but I have been using aloe on my legs where I got the most sun. Last night's shower stung and I had to cool the water down in order to tolerate it.
@SonjaRae .........Sad about sunburns. Aloe vera is such a blessing.
@SonjaRae (10667)
@celticeagle It is definitely. Just slice a piece off my plant and commence to applying the sticky gooey mess that heals me up almost instantly.
@Adie04 (13713)
I have plans for tomorrow. Buy groceries.
@SonjaRae (10667)
Do you have a list of items, or do you just go to market and look to see what they have?
@Adie04 (13713)
@SonjaRae Oh yes, I do have. But at the same, once I'm at the store, I may stroll around too
@SonjaRae (10667)
@Adie04 That's usually what gets us into trouble. LOL
@JESSY3236 (16482)
I went across the street to my great-aunt's house yesterday. I saw some of the family and ate some homemade ice cream.
@SonjaRae (10667)
Sounds lovely!
@wolfgirl569 (57973)
• Marion, Ohio
Take it easy all day.
@SonjaRae (10667)
! have been!
I drink to that! With my tea!
@SonjaRae (10667)
Iced Coffee in hand, raising my glass!
@FourWalls (45513)
I’m like Cool Hand Luke, “I never planned anything in my life.” Welll, not for today, anyway. Hope you get to feeling better!
@SonjaRae (10667)
LOL. Cool hand Luke! Perfect reference. Thanks dear, I am just taking it easy today.
@LindaOHio (98943)
I'm sorry the boat bottomed out. Today is the 5th; and we don't have much planned. Have a good day and rest!