My Lipoma Surgery Is Next Thursday

@Chellezhere (10790)
Yesterday, I went to my primary care physician's office for a pre-OP clearance and EKG in preparation for my lipoma surgery next Thursday. All went well. That means I will go to the hospital for a few minutes for pre-admission testing on Tuesday before returning to the same hospital Thursday morning for the surgery. I have no idea what time I have to be at the hospital on Thursday, but I will be home later that day. So, Henry will be okay. I will leave the television on for him. And, because none of us knows whether I will be out of commission for a while like I was when I had my knee replacements, my next-door neighbor has offered to come to my aid (if I need any) once I am home from the hospital. But I think I will be okay because I am only having my lipomas removed instead of my joints replaced. Still, if I need help, I will not hesitate to ask for it.
@arunima25 (75772)
• Bangalore, India
I hope that all goes well with your surgery. It's always better to seek help when needed. One should not hesitate to do so. Your neighbour sounds friendly and warm.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. Yes, most neighbors I have met here seem friendly and warm. But few are standoffish. Still, I can open up the aloof. And of those I have yet to meet, some rarely come out of their apartments. Or, they only come out at night. But they may be warm and friendly too. Perhaps, I may meet more of them someday. I (kind of) met one the other day when I knocked on another neighbor's door. I am not a wimpy knocker. I knock loud enough for people to hear me. This woman lives across the hall from the neighbor whose bowl I was returning. She was in her bathroom when I knocked and thought I was knocking on her door(I know because I heard her toilet flush). So, she opened her door. We waved, but neither of us said a word.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@arunima25 I think what helps is this is a senior/disabled complex. And, I am talking about the people, not the building (all but one resident is older than the building itself). Since all but one of us are over fifty, we can all relate to one another and the issues we experience. And because the sole 36-year-old is disabled, she can relate to us too.
@arunima25 (75772)
• Bangalore, India
@Chellezhere It sounds like a good neighbourhood with friendly and helpful people around. . We are also lucky to have good friendly neighbours here.
@Beestring (5696)
Hope all goes well with your surgery. Your neighbor sounds helpful and nice.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. Yes, all seem to be so far. Even the ninety-six-year-old who lives above me is willing to help. Aileen has all her original parts (teeth, knees, hips) and is not ashamed to brag about it. And when newer people come here, we are not ashamed to brag about it for her.
@m_audrey6788 (58551)
I hope everything will be ok with you.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I am confident all will go well.
@Chellezhere That`s good
@Chellezhere (10790)
Good luck with the surgery.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. As I have before, I will keep my followers up-to-date about my progress.
I am glad you have an appointment scheduled for this, I know you wanted to get rid of your lipomas. Your neighbor is kind, if needed you can ask for her help. My best wishes for this surgery.
@Chellezhere I hope you will be fine after surgery.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@LadyDuck Thank you. I am confident I will be, and you know I will keep you guys posted.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. Yes, if I need any help, I will not hesitate to reach out and ask for it.
@luisga814 (5835)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I know how hard time to prepare yourself for an operation. Keep safe. Prayer extended.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated.
@wolfgirl569 (61187)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you have someone that can help.
• Rockingham, Australia
I do hope it all goes well and that you are able to manage.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I imagine I will be able to in no time.
@LindaOHio (103696)
I will be thinking of you on Thursday. I hope everything goes well.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I appreciate that, and you know I will keep you all posted.
@moonandstars (62335)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it's good to ask someone and to receive help, just in case. i am glad it's near, good luck
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I will ask for help if I believe I need it.
@akanetuk (2044)
Wish you safe surgery and recovery, it is well.