My TV Won't Shut Up

@Chellezhere (10790)
My cousin called last night, so I clicked the mute button on my TV remote and immediately knew something was wrong. The audio didn't budge. I used to work for cable companies and know how to troubleshoot. I needed a new remote, so I logged into my Verizon account to Instant Message with a rep because I did not feel like being kept on hold. The rep did seem confused because he kept asking which remote control I had, yet I could not have described it more thoroughly than I already had. But toward the end of the chat, the rep seemed to catch on. A new remote was sent (or so I thought). The box that arrived looked too big for its contents to only be a remote. And I was right - there was not a single remote inside. That rep sent me another receiver. I did not need another cable box - I needed a remote. I sent another Instant Message and had even more fun today. This rep initially ordered a universal remote instead of the Fios voice remote I needed. I caught the mistake in time to (hopefully) get the correct remote tomorrow. My cousin called again a few minutes after that, and she had a good laugh about it too.
@moonandstars (62335)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
what you all have to do to get a simple remote but, i hope you got it
@Chellezhere (10790)
Nope. I came home from having the lipomas removed, expecting to find a box with the remote inside waiting for me, but there was none. Now, they say the remote they sent yesterday is still in processing. And, that can take 3-5 business days and should be here tomorrow. I am livid now. If that remote does not get here before next Wednesday, I will be whatever is worse than livid.
• Shenzhen, China
@Chellezhere ,can you track the parcel on the celephone,we can track delivery and where parcel was on celephone.So i can figure out circumstance about my parcel,and know when parcel will arrive ahead.If there is a App on phone to track parcel anytime,you can be relieved.
• Shenzhen, China
@Chellezhere ,sorry about that situation,It seems the service to online buy had a lot of place need to be improved.did you receive a proper remote controller today?
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
Sounds like lots of fun and games there. Why is is that the simplest things always seem to go so wrong?
@Chellezhere (10790)
I have my theory about what is wrong with call center customer service these days. But I won't go into it
@wolfgirl569 (61187)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope they have it right this time
• Rockingham, Australia
Sometimes it's really hard to describe something over the phone.
@LindaOHio (103696)
Customer service these days is sorely lacking. I hope you get the correct remote.
• Shenzhen, China
Out celephone had remote controller function,just set and activate the function,then we can use celephone to replace a remote controller,but some kinds of TV are out of celephone's reach.The rep didn't catch your point initially,but finally he got to know what is your requirement,hope you can get the correct one tomorrow.Somtimes,we will meet some winding process,but result will be ok.
@Chellezhere (10790)
We have those apps available here too, but I cannot and will not use my phone that way.