Regaining My Mobility

@Chellezhere (10790)
I had my bilateral lipoma surgery today. Besides the lengthy (two-hour) wait to be taken to the operating room (and the two hours it took for the operation and recovery), all went well. After a short wheelchair ride to my neighbor's car (waiting for me at the parking garage entrance to the hospital), I have walked around on my own accord - so no cane or walker is necessary. As is the case after surgery, I may feel more pain tomorrow once the surgical meds have worn off. But for now, there isn't much, and I can already tell I can move my legs around in ways I have not been able to for years. I'll be able to determine that more after I take the Ace bandages off in forty-eight hours. Yes, I need to take the wraps off in forty-eight hours and let the disposable sutures breathe. I am so happy these lipomas are finally gone and am looking forward to my newfound freedom of mobility.
@RubyHawk (71044)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I’m so glad you had the surgery and are doing well. Take care of yourself.
@RubyHawk (71044)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Chellezhere That’s great I’m happy to hear it.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I sure will. I will update you all about my mobility later. I am already noticing a huge difference.
I´m so very glad. While lipomas are not a cause to worry, it depends a lot on the size and the place where they are how much they can bother you.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Yes. These were large and were alongside my knee joints, so they were very bothersome and interfered with my everyday activities.
@Chellezhere I´m sure that now you will be able to do everything with no problem.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@marguicha Henry wanted to play this morning. That means he wanted to engage in a bit of chase and hide and seek. I was careful and mindful of my sutures, but my legs did not hurt, and my newfound freedom of movement was amazing. Henry had a ball.
@yanzalong (18857)
Hope it'll be quick recovery for you.
@yanzalong (18857)
@Chellezhere It's good news.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. So far, it seems it will be a speedy recovery.
I know for sure you will be better with that.
@Chellezhere I am glad for that because independence is amazing.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Oh, yes! You should have seen all the fun Henry and I had this morning. He must have noticed I was sleeping better last night because he sure did egg me on to play "I'm Gonna Getcha!" (a combination of a chase and hide and seek) this morning. I was careful not to move too quickly. But I did move much more freely than I have in years.
That is great news. I am glad you are doing really good.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. You should have seen Henry this morning. You know how observant cats are. He was egging me on to play before I was out of bed.
@Beestring (5686)
Glad to know that your surgery went smoothly. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. So far, it seems I will have a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to it.
@Beestring (5686)
@Chellezhere That's great.
What a relief that must be for you. Getting back to normal life is a great feeling
I am glad to read that it went well, you are not in too much pain and you can already move. This must be a big relief for you.
@Chellezhere This is very good, this surely is a fast recovery.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@LadyDuck That's my plan anyway. I hope it's God's plan too.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I even walked roundtrip to the grocery store and back this morning.
@wolfgirl569 (61187)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad everything went well and you are walking better
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. It is a relief, for sure.
@Fleura (21629)
That sounds very promising already, I hope you soon feel much better!
@Fleura (21629)
@Chellezhere That sounds amazing, I can really empathise with being able to do more!
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. Yes, I took a 1-mile roundtrip walk to the grocery store and can already tell longer walks will be easier (once the bandages come off tomorrow and as my legs continue to heal).
• Rockingham, Australia
That's great that you are free of these at last. I hope your recovery is fast.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. So far, I think I will have a speedy recovery.
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
Glad the surgery is out of the way and you are already feeling the positive effects
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
@Chellezhere Pleased to say that Gaia just likes to know we are best mates at that time of the morning. All that is needed is lots of purring and head scratching
@Chellezhere (10790)
@Ronrybs Some days are like that with Henry, but he was full of energy today.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. You should have seen Henry this morning. You know cats know, so he was ready for me to play chase and hide and seek at 4:30 am. I was not. I wanted more sleep, so I rolled over, and that's when he played with my (very long) hair - prompting me to relent and get up to play.
@LindaOHio (103696)
Yay! I'm so glad the surgery is done and you are recovering. I hope you're not in too much pain.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. I am unsure if it is what remains of the surgical medication or the Aspirin, Advil, Gabapentin, and Requip I took last night, but I am not in pain.
@LindaOHio (103696)
@Chellezhere That's good to hear.
@MarieCoyle (8029)
Good to hear things are already better for you. I hope you continue to improve every day.