Pearly Not-So-Whites cleaned again today

I had an appointment today at my dentist's office for a teeth cleaning. I go in every 4 months, because I had periodontal issues and it's a preventive care so that it doesn't go into the full blown situation. I was only in the chair for about 30 minutes today. I had very little bleeding when she was cleaning my teeth. What does this mean? It means that I'm taking such good care of my dental issues, that it's not requiring as much, which makes for a healthier mouth, teeth, and gums. I do wish I could get my pearly whites back. Unfortunately, the aging process means that they change color, and bleaching them does not really help. Besides that, my teeth were never white to begin with. But once again, I am good for another 4 months. On the next visit, I'll have the dentist come in to take a look at everything, and get the full x-rays done.
I also wish that I had white teeth too. But that is not possible. n my next incarnation I will be rich and if I am not born with white teeth I´ll cover them as dentist do to people on TV If I´m VERY rich, I could invite you for a whitening. On TV they do it in London.
I had mine whitened and they have not been the same since or white for that matter, pretty sure it did something to the enamel as they arent shiney any more .Anyway my dentist told me they are not supposed to be white so mission accomplished lol
I really don't want them super white, as that's pretty much looking fake, but I do wish I had better teeth and making for a great smile.
@58lordstreet I've heard that it is really damaging to the enamel.
@kobesbuddy (152538)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I just had full x-rays done, dental cleaning and a broken tooth fixed(he filled it). I go every three months, it works out good. My teeth were never pearly white, even when they first came in.
some of the really white ones just look odd, and why do they put such big ones in when they re-do them lol , everyone has massive teeth
@kobesbuddy (152538)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@58lordstreet I've noticed that too, their teeth are very large and snow white!
@kobesbuddy terrifying arent they lol
@wolfgirl569 (57972)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad everything was good and went fast.
The rest of the garbage stuff in life....I wish I were so luck for it to be good and go fast... Except...I really don't want for life to go any faster~~~ I want to hang on for awhile.
@wolfgirl569 (57972)
• Marion, Ohio
@TheSojourner Never want it to go too fast. But things like dentists are good to get done fast
the new thing here that they want to do is deep cleaning below the gum line , had a quarter done and decided not to do any more . They say gums dont grow back so I cant see that the damage they did cleaning is a totally good idea
Yes, I had the deep cleaning done a year ago. It was well worth it. Actually, the preventive aspect of it all has helped, and the pockets are not as deep. There is some evidence to show that, though they never grow back to full gum as when we were children, they do get healthier and fill in a bit more so that the pockets aren't so deep.
@TheSojourner I didnt really have a problem but they still wanted to do it and was horrendously expensive
@58lordstreet Yes, it was. But it was worth it, in my opinion.
@Deepizzaguy (69247)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
I am happy for you that your teeth are in good condition after your recent visit with your dentist.
Thank you. I like that the damage to the gums has been stopped. Can't undo what has been done, but it's not getting worse.
@Deepizzaguy (69247)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@TheSojourner You are welcome.
@flapiz (17857)
My boyfriend also coincidentally just visited his dentist today and was told he'd need more work done in 2 months. He too has periodontal issues but he is not taking care of it well compared to you. Apparently in 2 months time the dentist will need to anesthetise him.
It is so important for us to take care of it. I wish I would have been better when younger.
@flapiz (17857)
@TheSojourner Yeah even I neglect my gums sometimes too. We don't reall pay much attention to it unless it starts causing us problems.
@kaylachan (35573)
That's good. I mean that you're keeping those teeth so healthy.
Thanks. I'm doing my best!
@kaylachan (35573)
@TheSojourner That's all you can do.
Better not to have the teeth pearl white but healthy. Whitening damages the enamel.
so i found out lol
@58lordstreet - I told my niece not to ask to have her teeth whitened, she did not listen.
@LadyDuck noone told me lol
@SonjaRae (10675)
Oh the shark bites, with his teeth dear and he keeps them pearly white! I remember I had a dentist do the whole professional whitening before. They actually used the different colored teeth guide to try and find the closest match and then after several treatments, there was a change in the hue, as coffee, tea etc had stained them, but even at their "lightest", they are not on the "WHITE" side either.
same here - couldnt really see much difference and think they were showing me an original shade that wasnt correct .to be honest
LOVE it, Sonja!!! One of my favorite songs.
@SonjaRae (10675)
@TheSojourner Woo hoo and the DJ scored
I had my dental appointment earlier in the month - all went well. Yah, I never had super white teeth either - I never bothered with whitening and still don't. Glad you had good signs with your teeth .
Healthier gums. It shows. But I'm on a 3x year cleaning schedule now. Not sure if insurance is going to keep picking that up.
@TheSojourner That's great! My dentist says she looks for plump pink gums. I/we only get 2x a year.
@much2say I have plump thighs. Does that count? LOL
I wish I had white teeth. I can see lots of pairs of teeth on this article, in the form of adverts. It is rather creepy!
you need more than a pair ;-)
@58lordstreet I hope it's not too creepy, Daniel.
@LindaOHio (98943)
I'm glad your visit was better this time. I go every 6 months. No problems with my teeth and gums except that the dentist insists that I need a crown.
I'm all repaired and just doing the 4 month routine now.
@LindaOHio (98943)
@TheSojourner That's good to hear.
• Walnut Creek, California
I get a cleaning every six months or so.
That's what I used to do, but now I'm on a preventive routine so it's every 4 months. But I had that deep perio cleaning a little over a year ago.
• Rockingham, Australia
I had X-rays done last visit and shouldn't need more for two years. I find them quite uncomfortable.
I remember that the old way of doing xrays were horrible. But my dentist has all this new-fangled stuff. It's a breeze.