A Couple Months 'Til Moving

random screenshot packing movers admiral movers
Luckily, I have used the same movers for the last 2 moves. This will be the 3rd time they have moved us. Hopefully, I can indeed get the same family, as they are great and the cheapest that I know of. The move will be around 25 miles as the bird flies. So far, it will be way on the other side of town. It is a location that is considered city, deep in the city. If nothing changes, that will be final. Although I am still keeping my options open for another place, just in case. In our situation, one has to be prepared for anything. Hopefully, this uncertainty and all that goes with it, will be a memory soon. And these monstrous neighbors and management company will also be history. Thank you to everyone who has wished me well for health and moving and your kind prayers. Much appreciated by me. What is the biggest move you have made do you recall?
I will pray that once you've moved it will be a really good thing for you. Oh yes, I remember a lot of them but the biggest one was moving my mobile home to the tract of land I bought. I was so relieved when I moved here and a year later I was able to put a fence around it so my dogs could run freely without me having to worry about them.
Yes, I made the mistake of buying a mobile home that I thought was placed on a tract of land that I was going to be allowed to buy but the jerk that owned the land reneged on the deal.
Were you already living in the mobile home somewhere else? I am so happy for you to know you have the land and the animals Rebel. Peace you have now thanks. Yes prayers have been helpful to me.
@rebelann wow that was such a con.man
I am so glad to know that you are moving. The biggest move? From Monte Carlo to Switzerland in 2006, I am still recovering.
Yes that must have been a very big move for you Anna.
@RebeccasFarm Moving stuff is never easy, but when you have to make lists of everything to have them stamped by the Customs officers is a nightmare.
@LadyDuck Oh yes that blinking customs..I remember that too with stuff when I was travelling only
I hope that you are set now and that this is your very best option. Living in the city you will have so much within walking distance, that should be a help to you. Our biggest move was in 2017 when we down sized from the home that we lived in since the mid 1990's. We went from a sprawling 4 bedroom rancher on a very large lot to a little 2 bedroom home, and then we downsized from that to our current place, which is about the same size, but without all of the little cut up rooms and walls everywhere. I hope that you are as happy with your move as we are with ours.
I am glad you are situated nicely now Julia. It sounds ideal for you both? Yes I pray for this to be over soon. I really am not able for all this anymore. Things are very close by and within walking distance but I would not go out there at night that is for sure.
@RebeccasFarm Yes, we feel like it is the ideal situation for us for now. We may decide to leave the city for a quieter little town after I retire, but that remains to be seen. I know that you will be in a much better place emotionally as well as physically with your pending move.
@Juliaacv yes I will after, hopefully the place wont be another dive
I certainly wishing you that you get who you want for moving. Biggest move is when we bought this house over 30 years ago and we had a lot more stuff than before. Including a piano (who needed 4 men). It was also our most expensive move.
Oh wow you had heavy stuff and lots to move Marlina. Thank you I hope so too.
You know I've been hoping and praying for you to find a new place and hope time flies so you can get out of that place. The biggest move I made was when I moved from NY to PA . It was stressful and full of hiccups but it finally happened and I am very happy here.
Yes moving states is very stressful. Glad you made it out though Marilyn. Yes I know you have kept us in prayer and it means so much.
@Marilynda1225 Means a lot to me thank you Marilyn
@RebeccasFarm I have you in my thought and prayers every day my friend
@Ronrybs (16043)
• London, England
Normally when I move, I leave everything until just about the last minute. A mad rush is more fun!
That's how it used to be with me
@BarBaraPrz (37694)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Good luck with your move, may it solve some of your problems. My biggest move was way back in '76 when I and my erstwhile husband moved from Oakville, Ontario to Vancouver, BC, with only what we could pack into an old Chevy van. I reversed directions in '95 and moved from Vancouver to Guelph, Ontario, but I used a reputable moving company and managed to take most of my possessions with me.
It is nice to have the moving company and I am glad you could on the next time Barbara. Yes I relieved to be moving, but as you say, lets see how it goes at new place, thanks.
@sissy15 (10981)
I have always hated moving. The furthest I've ever moved was about 14 miles. I have always lived around the same area. I live in a small town in Ohio and have lived in or near that town my entire life. You can walk from one part of town to the other in a couple of hours and I've always loved that about it. I currently live just outside of it right now by about two or three miles. Before that I lived even further out but it was all part of the same general area. I really hate the idea of moving again but I wouldn't mind moving back into town eventually. I really do hope your move goes smoothly. I don't think any of mine ever have.
@sissy15 (10981)
@RebeccasFarm I'm sorry that's the case for you. I have had to leave places I didn't want to due to situations I didn't want to deal with I've just always been able to stay in the same area. I moved from my childhood home due to divorce, I then moved from another house due to a less than ideal living situation, my next move I had a terrible landlord, then my final situation was due to something I won't begin to get into but I've managed to move around the same area.
@sissy15 Glad you made it out from those places then, and you understand. Thanks Sissy. A slumlord is an evil creature.
You have lived in the one place..something I envy Sissy. My moves are always forced making them most unpleasant.
I hope you thoroughly checked out this new place, and have decided everything is satisfactory. The place has good reviews online and all. Anyway, you need out of where your at no matter where it is. Biggest move, to Virginia from Pennsylvania many years ago, of course I didn't have the amount of "stuff" then, that I do now.
No I have not seen the inside of it yet as they do not allow that when tenants till live there but have seen virtual tour. Now that housing is involved, it has to be inspected and passed before I can move in.That is at least something. Oh that was quite a long move for you then. Yes less stuff is better.
I am soooo thrilled that you will be moving soon . . . wow, to the city! Right - always good to keep your options open - but great that you are leaving the current place. I lived with my parents for a long time (I lived in the same place since I was 2). So to move out and live in an apartment with my boyfriend (now husband) was huge for me! But both of us were still local to our parents .
@RebeccasFarm It was! I really loved our dinky little apartment too. Too bad it was just noisy all the time.
@much2say Good memories though
That must have been an exciting time for you back then Much
@jobelbojel (31533)
I hope you have have a smooth move.
I hope so too Bojel..I wont sign if it is not satisfactory as you know.
@jobelbojel No they will not they are a big corporation and will not be told what to do as they are above the law..they have too much money, so the option for me will be to find another or the street
@jobelbojel (31533)
@RebeccasFarm are they going to repair everything?
You know what my biggest move was from Latvia back to the US but I left most everything including furniture to my stepdaughter.
You did..that was a massive move and I am so in awe of all you accomplished moving countries.
@RebeccasFarm however, you do not know what these guys in the US did. I had my stepdaughter send over 6 boxes of the last remaining items of a 20-year life in Latvia, The items arrived, but even though they were personal items, since there was no indication of what was inside, they shipped them back, Yes, to Latvia and my stepdaughter who was pregnant at the time had to sit down and right up lists of everything, The the stuff was sent via airplane and when everything arrived the boxes were held to gether with masking tape and most of the glass in picture frames was broken and other messes,
@RebeccasFarm well it was five years ago, so I am over it now, however, my stepdaughter stored everything in a garage space she has and has not even looked at what shape everything is in and I am trying to get her to take a look at least this summer, I mean in five years even books can rot and other things just rust and all,
@oahuwriter (24757)
Since I got older, it got a lot harder to move. Moving to just across the parking lot to B building from A building was my one, I did myself, so older and no help. My Mom was frail, si she wanted to help, but couldn't. My family helped with big & heavy moving. But from sunup to sundown, it was all me. My cousin lent me his moving dolly with handle that came in very handy! From second floor to this first floor home, I'm staying put.
Do you still have a few family there Krissttina..yes your poor Mom RIP
@oahuwriter Yes good I understand you..Oh they are some in Massachusettes and Washington too
@oahuwriter (24757)
@RebeccasFarm Yes, most family on Oahu, but not near by. Some mainland...MA, WA and their family. I rely on my healthcare plan, good transportation benefits. Moving, out of the question, we're older,cso it's harder.
@luisga814 (4997)
• Quezon City, Philippines
In our country, although there's available movers also but most of time, we're asking some help from friends and by ourselves and relatives for picking our things to a new place to save some money.
Yes that is much better to use Luis. I wish also to have friends and family to help but not here.
@averygirl72 (32890)
Why do you need to move? I hope everything goes well
@averygirl72 (32890)
@RebeccasFarm I have never experience moving. I'm living in the same place for 40 years
@averygirl72 I hope that is good
Because I am here paying rent to be killed with safety and health issues they wont fix anything in this place that is why I am moving Aubrey
@1creekgirl (32834)
It will be so wonderful I hope, when you get moved in. I never liked to move, but our daughter has moved so many times, I've lost count! She just gets bored and always wants a change. When she was just a young girl, she would rearrange all the furniture in her bedroom by herself. I'd come home from work and never knew where her bed would be, lol.
That is funny..glad she was able to move many times too. I did when I was young and it was fun, but not now and for different reasons. Thanks Vicki..please keep us still in prayer as I do not really know what I am walking into.
@1creekgirl cheers me dear
@1creekgirl (32834)
@RebeccasFarm You got it!
Hoping you get through this waiting time easily. My biggest move was about 600 km. Moved myself and my two girls to a different town for a new job. We moved quite a few times to different houses.
It's great you were able to do it Paige
@paigea Yes oh I so understand that Paige..but we did what we could
@RebeccasFarm I often wished I could have been more settled for my kids.
@aninditasen (7883)
• Raurkela, India
I have moved a number of times from one city to another because of my husband's transferable job. Hope you stay peacefully now.
I pray that will be the case..I really need this. Good your husband had good jobs.
@aninditasen Oh yes I see Anindita
• Raurkela, India
@RebeccasFarm He was doing a government job and so didn't have to change his job. The government posted him in different towns and cities.
I'm so happy for you that you will move away from all your neighbors you presently have. I moved from Texas to the Seattle area.
@RebeccasFarm I'm so sorry that these still exist. I guess as long as humans exist, then greed will exist.
I hope and pray that your new home brings you joy, safety, and tranquility. Best wishes, my dear friend! I am happy for you.
Hi Gracie love!! I pray you and family are all doing well too. Nice to see you
@RebeccasFarm Nice to see you, too