Be Careful Who You Are Gloating To

@Chellezhere (10790)
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I was yesterday years old when I learned the Rock ‘n roll musician Bill Haley was raised in and was living in Greater-Philadelphia when he and his Comets hit it big. Reading that reminded me of the bazillion times Whozeewhatzit bragged about his hometown of Auburn, New York, being a mega-hub for Rock music, especially in the early years. Members of the Heavy Metal band, Manowar grew up and attended school with Whozeewhatzit and his siblings, and sessions musician Pete Mendillo was also from Auburn, but that’s it. So, I checked out Greater-Rochester and Greater-Syracuse. There were more musicians listed, but even with Ronnie James Dio and Lou Gramm being among them, nothing supported Whozeewhatzit's claim. Of course, I knew that all along. Did you know the essence of early Rock ‘n roll came out of Philadelphia? I found a free course about the history of Rock ‘n roll while looking into Greater-Rochester. I am watching the third lecture and digging the course so far.
https://www.rochester.edu/popmusic/courses/rock-history.html
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
Our local lad is Ronnie Wood, of Rolling Stones fame. That's it, but we are a small town!
• Rockingham, Australia
I've read his autobiography. No wonder he looks a bit 'weathered'.
@RubyHawk (71044)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I thought Chuck Berry and Little Richard among others introduced Rock and Roll.
@RubyHawk (71044)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Chellezhere Rock and Rollers were everywhere for years
@Chellezhere (10790)
@RubyHawk Yes, I know that.
@Chellezhere (10790)
There were quite a few who helped spread it across the county, and then the world.
@mythociate (21180)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Woozeewutzit wasn't claiming that THEY'RE any more-impressive because they're from there, were they?
@mythociate (21180)
• Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
@Chellezhere Maybe they are; I've never heard of them. Like Louis Cato; he's been leading Stay Human (the band for Late Show with Stephen Colbert) ALL SUMMER, but the LSSC opening-credits STILL claim it's Jon Batiste 'leading the band' (probably on account of the fact that he WROTE almost all the music they play, -that he put the band together, and -that it's in his contract). Do you think there's ANOTHER band that's "the greatest on Earth"?
@Chellezhere (10790)
@mythociate In record sales, that would be The Beatles, but I am more into Led Zeppelin, Queen, and The Rolling Stones.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Whozeewhatzit thinks Manowar is the greatest band on earth.
• Rockingham, Australia
That sounds a really interesting course. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Yes, it is so far.
@LindaOHio (103696)
I was born in Cleveland where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now sits; but I've never been there.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Cool! My son lived in Cleveland for a few years. He bought me an eyeglass case for my Ray-Bans while visiting the hall of fame. I did not ask him to. He bought the case because he did not like me not having one for those sunglasses.
@LindaOHio (103696)
@Chellezhere That was very nice of him.
@porwest (58454)
I think there are always certain claims that are only partly true when it comes from the music scene, from the praise of Motown to the Seattle sound and the British invasion. There are always greats that come from other places.
@Chellezhere (10790)
That is true, but Whozeewhatzit's claim is not.
@kaylachan (37446)
Sounds like he just wants to sound impressive. More ego than anything.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Yep. That's Whozeewhatzit!
@RebeccasFarm (73897)
Naturally Whozeewhatzit is exaggerating
@Chellezhere (10790)
I think that is one of his favorite hobbies.
@dgobucks226 (31082)
Did not know that, but did know Cleveland, Ohio DJ Alan Freed coined the phrase rock n' roll. I'm sure many major cities where African Americans migrated to like Chicago, NYC, Detroit, Memphis etc; helped shape and make the music popular to teenagers over time.
@Ganma7 (3856)
How interesting
@CarolDM (192260)
So many talented artists to learn about. Thanks for the link.