Nanny to the Rescue

Good afternoon myLot friends. I'm here for a little while. Just on my lunch break from work. I really should be giving my eyes a break from the screen, but......I wanted to catch up with a few posts. I am rearranging my vacation time so that I can take the last week of January and the first few days of February 2023 off. That will be the week that our daughter-in-law returns to work after over a year off to have the babies. I also managed to get a day off for next Tuesday. She needs help taking the babies for the 6 month appointment. It really requires one on one for each of the babies as there is undressing and dressing for their weigh ins and shots. Nanny to the rescue.
@sallypup (49213)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I see chubby cheeks!
They have chubby cheeks, it is so adorable given that they were so tiny and not at all chubby when they were born.
Good for you helping her out. Those babies are so cute.
Thank you. I did not have alot of support when we were raising our son, and I know how much it would have improved our quality of time together if we did, so that is why I do what I can do.
@kaylachan (35698)
Enjoy your break, and yes, you should walk away a little bit.
@CarolDM (187568)
Sweet sweet babies made my day. And your happy face as well.
Oh thank you. What a wonderful surprise to log in and see a comment from you. That tells me that you are having a good day today, thank goodness. I hope that it remains, but don't tire yourself out all in one day.
@CarolDM (187568)
@Juliaacv Well not so good but I am still trying. Having to push through the pain. Keeping my mind busy helps.
@CarolDM I will continue to pray for your recovery. It must be difficult, don't give up.
@TheSojourner (51511)
I am so glad to see your smiling face, and these little cherubic darlings! Your photo made me smile
Thanks, I'm glad that you smiled. I only have 2 hands and holding the babies while trying to take a selfie was a big of a stretch, but I wanted to remember that afternoon for a very long time. The only downfall to that afternoon was, the babies slept in my arms for a couple of hours, but I couldn't gall asleep as I was too worried about dropping one of them.
@Juliaacv I am sure that putting your feet up and letting them all snuggle in, you would have been able to nap gently. How wonderful an experience you have with them. Not all of us have those kinds of memories/experiences. It's why I am so glad to get this experience vicariously through you, though bittersweet. Hugs.
@TheSojourner They are such blessings. Our son and daughter-in-law always told us that they would not have any children because of the twin factor in her family. That was hard on us, we are glad that things worked out differently. I had a very close relationship with my Gramma, and I would love that with my granddaughters. It can make up for so much that the generation in between doesn't rise to themselves-and I know that you know what I mean.
They are lovely, look at those beautiful chubby cheeks!
They literally melt my heart.
@Juliaacv They are growing up so well, they are so cute.
@LadyDuck I never ever thought that we would have grandchildren, this is like a dream.
@rsa101 (35124)
Oh, such a cute little twin. Looks like they love to sleep on granny's side. It is such a good thing that you enjoy these things as they are great stress relievers from daily toils.
Yes, they both fell asleep in my arms and remained there for a couple of hours.
@rsa101 (35124)
@Juliaacv That was long sleep. They must felt very comfy with you. Hope it wasn't too tiring for you carrying them that long.
@rsa101 When my hubby came back home he looked at us and laughed because we looked so cozy and cute together.
@kobesbuddy (152763)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Willow and Harper have really grown, they are beautiful:) I used to babysit my grandchildren, I have fond memories of this!
Thank you, they are growing up. Our daughter-in-law is looking forward to getting them sitting up a little easier so that they can transition to food. She wants to start them on avacados, something about the texture of them. She wants them to learn that as well as the tastes.
@kobesbuddy (152763)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv I hope the twins like them, I don't like avocados.
@kobesbuddy Our daughter-in-law has read up on the consistency introduction to foods for babies. They suggest starting with avocados, I don't like them either. I suggested apple sauce or mashed bananas or pureed vegetables, but apparently that isn't what the new mothers are doing these days. I find it a bit comical because sooner or later they will revert to pureed foods since babies don't have the teeth to chew properly.
They're adorable. She needs all the help she could get.
Thanks, they are certainly a handful. Its getting easier as they are growing since they no longer require feedings every 3 hours around the clock as they did their first few months. That was hectic.
@toniganzon She told me about the same thing, only she wasn't able to doze off because as she finished feeding one of the babies, the other would be stirring and wanting to be changed and fed.
@Juliaacv It's difficult to have one, much more two.
@RebeccasFarm (67316)
A lovely Nanny you are Julia
Thank you, you would be the same loving Nanny doing what you can when you can. We did not have much support when we were raising our son and I know that it would have made our lives alot easier. So I learned a lesson.
@Juliaacv You did indeed..it is so nice to have this service isnt it?
@RebeccasFarm I think that my hubby is starting to get a bit excited at the prospect of not having to go into his workplace in a few months. His job is difficult.
I love that picture of you with the twins It's nice that you're giving up your time to help your daughter in law take them to the doctor, I remember how hard it was doing that with only one baby. I'm sure they will weigh in at a good weight and get a great report at their appointment. Gosh they're so adorable
I remember all too well going on my own to the doctor and rushing to redress the baby after their shot as they cried. Its almost impossible to do that on your own for 2 of them. The last time that I went with her, the babies quieted as we left the doctor's office and pushed the stroller thru the lobby of the building. Then the 4 of us went shopping. That was fun.
@Juliaacv I always wanted twins and then hoped for twins when my kids started their families. How I enjoy your little ones through your pictures and posts.
@Marilynda1225 Oh thank you, I am really glad that you enjoy the posts. Sometimes I get a bit worried that I am boring people with their pictures and information, but being a first time grandmother is a big deal and we learn so much from each other, meaning other grands, but also from the younger generation and how they are raising their children. Every morning my son sends me a picture in a text of the girls saying Good morning Nanny. It just melts my heart.
@aninditasen (7652)
• Raurkela, India
Cute little babies. Any granny would love to be a granny of such cute babies.
I was always told that I would never be a grandmother, they didn't want children because of the twin factor. I am so glad that things did not turn out that way.
• Raurkela, India
@Juliaacv God bless the babies and your family.
@aninditasen Thank you, love those sweet little girls.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I hope it all works out for you and I can see how you really want to help your daughter-in-law with the babies.
If they take their shots well I will offer to spring for a mini shopping trip afterwards.
• Israel
@Juliaacv Here is Nanny to the rescue already to spoil them and then turn them over to their parents to deal with whatever comes up next. I am saying that in a good way. Grandparents give love and affection in a different way than parents do.
@Hannihar You are so right, we do things much differently. I still remember the look on our son's face when they walked in and my hubby and I were sitting on the couch and each of us had a baby sitting up beside us with our arm around them. We felt it was time to start to develop those muscles used for sitting up. After that both girls liked to show their parents how they wanted to sit upwards instead of being held.
• Rockingham, Australia
So nice that you're there to help and to be so involved. Will the babies go to childcare when your DIL returns to work?
Thanks. They will stay at home when she returns to work. My hubs has planned to take all of his vacation from this year before his birthday the end of February, which will be when he retires. He will go to their home every day so that he can do fulltime Granddaddy day care until they are 4 years old and start to school.
• Rockingham, Australia
@Juliaacv That is so kind of him. What a strong bond he will have with the girls.
@JudyEv Its good to mix a little old fashion with the younger generation, I hope that they get some of that from him.
@RubyHawk (66954)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That’s so neat that you can help with the babies. Is the picture of you and the babies? They are so cute.
Yes, that is me and the twins. It was our very first girls day together. They were on the same schedule, so it was easy on me as they both fell asleep in my arms.
@RubyHawk (66954)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Juliaacv They look so contend.
@RubyHawk I will say that they are both very happy babies.
@dodo19 (46200)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's nice of you to help out. I'm sure she appreciates it.
Her mother is still in probation at a new job that she began recently, but I have lots of vacation weeks that I can split up to help out.
@dodo19 (46200)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv So it makes sense that she can't be there as much as she may like. It is nice that you have so much vacation and can help.
@dodo19 Since my hubby will be retiring early next year, he is banking most of his vacation days for this year so that he can take them before his true retirement date and be finished earlier. That means that my vacation days are just that, time off from work but I am always here to help with the family.
Oh it will be fun. Will they have regular childcare when she goes back to work?
My hubby will take an early retirement, and do full time daycare at our son's place until the children start school when they are 4 years old. We are trying our hardest to help them, and our son wanted Dad to be the one at his place every day. Daycare is so expensive and difficult to find for 2 the same age in the toddler range age group up here.
@snowy22315 Its costly, but if you stay at home then your company isn't paying into your retirement so you will end up working more years in the long run. That is the situation that I am in. I didn't work enough when I was young to pay into the pension plan.
It’s wonderful that you can go and help.
Thank you. I am very thankful, its great that I have such a good rapport with my manager and the GM as they are the ones that are approving my time off in such short timing.
@Beestring (3081)
What a lovely photo. The twins are so adorable.
Thank you, they are very content.
@sjvg1976 (35120)
They are so cute! How old they are now?
Thank you, they just turned 6 months old. The time is flying by.