Easy Sleeping Tonight

We had some really big dark heavy clouds over our place a little while ago. The storm moved in and brought down heavy rains. Those rains have lightened up, and are not so strong now. But the air is cooler and drier. The sounds of the rain drops will lull me into a peaceful sleep tonight and it will be easy sleeping. I love sleeping when its raining out. ~Photo is mine
I hope that we also are going to get some rain on Saturday evening. This morning it's a heavy day, humid and too warm.
It rained all night long here, the ground is still wet looking. When we went golfing last weekend, it was so dry that you really had to push that tee into the hard dry ground. Last night's rain was needed. I hope that you manage to find a way to stay cool today on this hot, humid day.
@Juliaacv - Inside the temperature is not bad, we are not going out today. I will go grocery shopping tomorrow morning very early. May be the rain will come tomorrow night.
@LadyDuck I hope that the rain and cooler weather arrives soon, you have had such a long heatwave.
@DaddyEvil (86711)
The clouds have moved in here this afternoon. The forecast says we have an 80% chance of thunderstorms this evening, tonight and tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the rain to start. I hope you sleep well tonight.
We had an all night rain, which meant for a really good peaceful sleep for me. I hope that your rains come too.
@DaddyEvil (86711)
@Juliaacv Oh, nice! It started raining heavily around 2 am here and the air outside cooled down to 73F (22.7C) so it feels nice outside. Thank you.
@DaddyEvil Its a couple of degrees cooler then that here this morning, but I still have the a/c on because it is much quieter when I work to have that on then keep the windows open. Living in a city there is the constant noise from the traffic and sirens that is heard.
• Israel
@Juliaacv I am glad you can sleep when it is raining out. I am a light sleeper and noises affect my sleeping. What is the Anker for in the picture?
The anchor is actually a hanger for the wall. We're going to hand it in the bathroom for a hand towel.
• Israel
@Juliaacv That is a clever and good idea. it is unique and your own.
@Hannihar Thanks, we have a bit of a beach/water theme going on in the bathroom.
@VivaLaDani13 (56218)
• Perth, Australia
@Juliaacv The sound of rain is a sound I adore. We have been having a lot of it over here too as it's Winter. Though, I'm shocked as the past few years our Winter has been like a mixture of seasons but this Winter seems normal for a change. I hope you enjoyed your sleep while it was raining. I like your photo too.
I am glad that you are having a normal season, so many places are having abnormal ones. Our summer has been very strange for weather. That is a picture of a hanger, we will put it up in our bathroom for hand towels.
• Perth, Australia
@Juliaacv That is very true about the abnormal weather. It's why I am surprised our weather is right at the moment. Does it get real hot over there in your Summer? Lovely! I really like the beach type theme for bathrooms. It's going to look nice in your bathroom I'm sure.
@VivaLaDani13 Yes, quite hot and muggy. We are surrounded by the 5 Great Lakes, so we have lake effect weather. It is not quite noon here and it is 29C and very muggy. The humidity just drains a person, I feel so sorry for those who have to work outdoors in this.
@RebeccasFarm (66821)
Oh this sounds divine Julia..I can only dream of that. Sleep well.
Thanks, I had such a good night's sleep.
@Juliaacv Oh that is wonderful to know Julia
@TheSojourner (51381)
I, too, love to sleep when it's raining out. I love to put my windows open and just feel that breeze. Hopefully, we're going to get a little bit of the same. Tomorrow it will rain, and then the next week, starting with the weekend is going to be hot again.
We've never really slept with our bedroom window open during the rain. Here in the city, it is too noisy, and when we lived in our quiet little rural village, we would get strong winds coming in that would cause the window dressings to bang and clang and move about. But watching storms move in out there was really cool, even our son tells me that he loved that and would love to find a place on an open area to be able to do that now as an adult. Of course I reminded him that some of our storms that rolled in from that open area were snow storms, and that required alot of work removing the snow, it also brought heavy winds, once it ripped off some shingles, another time it ripped off some of the siding on the gable end of the house. Nice view but not a cheap one-he forgot about that part of living there.
@Juliaacv I feel glad to be in an area, where we don't normally experience the extreme weather patterns that I have experienced in different places I've lived, when transferring in the military.
@LeaPea2417 (34325)
• Toccoa, Georgia
It is lightly raining here now.
Soft rain sounds so soothing.
@LeaPea2417 (34325)
• Toccoa, Georgia
This week we had about 5 minutes of rain.
The rain has been so spotty this season that is for sure. We had rain twice at night. Yesterday and today it is so damp outside, it just drains you, terribly muggy.
Glad you had an easy sleep last night. Rain can have a sleep inducing effect it seems.
It helped me so much, and I needed a good night's sleep.
@Beestring (2892)
We had heavy rain last two nights. The temperature was lower. I just turned on my fan, not the AC.
I have the a/c on this morning, but I do not really need it. I just like it on while I am working as it is quieter then having a window open.
I don't get to hear rain very often but if it does rain when I'm getting ready to sleep it will help.
I slept so peacefully last night, thanks to the rain I think.
• Rockingham, Australia
We have an iron roof here and I love hearing the rain while we're sleeping.
Its such a nice peaceful sound.
@wolfgirl569 (57972)
• Marion, Ohio
I am ready for rain if it dries the air out. But often it is more humid after.
The cool front is still moving thru here, so the air will get drier. It rained all night long.
We had a light rain last night and it did cool down the temperature. It continued on until the wee hours of the morning and I woke up to a wet ground and dark sky. But just an hour ago, the sun showed up and it's getting hot again. Weather is so unpredictable.
When I woke this morning our ground was wet also. Its a cloudy start to the day here.
We might get thunderstorms at some time today but sometimes they avoid us and hit surrounding areas. It's extremely hot and humid and it would be nice if it would rain and cool things off a bit.