Day 4--Elmer's Birthday gift of a Dutch Baby!

I received an email from Elmer's restaurant for my birthday.month. This has been one of my favorites, since I signed up for it about 8 years ago. The last 3 years I have not gone to get it. They give a coupon for a Dutch baby pancake to celebrate your birthday. I really enjoy them. I typically get this, but I usually add on an egg and sausage, as well as a cup of coffee. Sometimes, I forgo the egg and sausage and just have the pancake with the coffee. I am so looking forward to going here soon! Photo is a screenshot of part of my email.
I like Dutch pancakes as they are in the photo, no eggs or sausage, a bit of butter and powdered sugar.
Sometimes I'll have the egg in the sausage if I haven't eaten.. I like mine with butter and lemon and some powdered sugar.
@LadyDuck I've used this recipe before
This easy Dutch baby recipe (aka German Pancake) is mixed in the blender and can be served sweet or savory with your favorite toppings.
@TheSojourner Those pancakes taste so good, I must find a recipe and make them.
No Elmer's out here (checked and saw the closest is in Palm Springs!). Well that's a neat "gift" . . . it it crepe-ish??
@TheSojourner Ohhhh, I'm gonna make this sometime. I want to try it with the lemon way - and then the berry way!
@much2say Butter and powdered sugar...and then I end up squeezing a whole lemon over that for mine. But I LOVE the lemon juice.
There are so very many recipes for it. This is one that seems to work rather well. I like mine covered with butter, fresh squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar
Your birthday is the 10th and Dixie┬┤s is today. And my wedding anniversary date is in August 17. A month full of good dates to remember.
Please give Dixie my hugs and birthday greetings!
@TheSojourner I will. She it having some health and financial issues so she is in need of hugs.
That's a really nice gift from Elmers. Definitely something to look forward to for your birthday celebrations
It's one of my absolute favorites!
@Ronrybs (16009)
• London, England
Not seen a baby pancake before, is it just a smaller version of the regular one?
I'm not sure what British pancakes are like. This is almost like a crepe in that it tastes a little eggier. It's not like a bready American style pancake. the Dutch baby is made in a cast iron skillet, typically, as I have made them. It's how I learned.
@Ronrybs from what I understand, the English pancakes that are like thin and not quite a crepe, are more eggy. I think they used to make them the day after Mardi gras, so the beginning of lent. But these are a lot different than American style pancakes.
@Ronrybs (16009)
• London, England
@TheSojourner Having spent my first ten years in the US, I think the only pancakes are the American style
@MarieCoyle (6925)
That looks delicious. Now I want one, LOL.
It's a good thing. I hope you will make one and try it.
I hope you will really enjoy it!
I typically do, once a year!
@wolfgirl569 (58534)
• Marion, Ohio
Go get it and enjoy
Oh, I will!
I've never had a Dutch baby
I really enjoy them. Butter, lemon and powdered sugar are my favorite to top
@LindaOHio (99898)
I hope you get a chance to take advantage of most of your freebies.
I hope so, too.
@SonjaRae (11448)
Oh my goodness. And I can remember the last time you went there that Pancake was unforgettable!
They are fun. I love them.
@gtdoss (476)
Good for you, Soujourner! I wish we had an Elmer's here. I would love to have whatever that is a picture of!
It's a Dutch baby pancake