A Winning Day

After work I had to quickly run to the grocery store for a couple of items that I was out of. Innocently enough I approached the door, and saw that they had a nice display set up with several workers and a barbeque. But there was too many people around for me to stop as I was in a hurry. On my way out of the store I stopped. I knew that they were grilling samples. I accepted a sample. It was a turkey kabob. It was delicious. I received some coupons for the locally grown turkey. I will return to the store tomorrow in an attempt to pick some up. They were nicely seasoned with teriyaki. They had a wheel and asked me if I wanted to spin it to win a prize. So, what did I have to lose, I spun it and they all gathered around to ask me a trivia question. They asked me a true/false question. Was Sesame Street's Big Bird's feathers made from turkey feathers dyed yellow? So I guessed True. And then they handed me this travel mug telling me that I won. I truly do not need another travel mug, so I will offer it to my daughter-in-law's mother, as she recently started a new job and might need a nice new mug for her desk. At work I won something also. I had a call that my manager enter into a throwdown competition. There are certain points that need to be covered on each call, and this has to be done within just the allotted time. I came in runner up. Only .5 marks off from the winner. I will get Appreciation Points, which I accumulate and then cash in when I have enough for a gift card. I redeemed for 2 $50 gift cards last month. If things happen in 3's maybe I have something else coming my way, if not, I will count my blessings. ~Photo is mine
@kobesbuddy (153060)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I won an extra large slow poke sucker, back when I was about twelve years old. I was thrilled!
Oh Kharla, you just took me back to a happier place. Thanks for the memory, and congrats for winning that.
@kobesbuddy (153060)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv I was surprised, there were about a dozen kids that entered the contest. Am I competitive?Nope, never was and I never will be:) lol
@kobesbuddy I am competitive when it comes to my work. I want to be the very best that I can be at my job and there are so many metrics that can account for a person's work in my sector. I love what I do and I want my stats to reflect it. Its because I am very passionate about my job.
This is a nice mug and I am sure that the Mom of your daughter in law will appreciate.
It is a pretty mug. She is a divorced lady and nobody spoils her. My hubby and son spoil me with little things that always make my heart happy, so I want her to have some of that. I do that whenever I can for her.
@LadyDuck Our son's wife and our son love her dearly and are very good to her, the other daughter uses her like a doormat. I don't like to say that or to see it, but it is the truth. I always think that we reap what we sow, and I know that our son told me that his mother-in-law left her hubby, and he said it like it was shameful, so I do not know what happened, but maybe that old adage that we reap what we sow is happening. She has not done me wrong, so I do not treat her poorly. I will send you a pm of good news.
@Juliaacv I am sorry for her, I hope that her daughter spoils her.
@RebeccasFarm (67765)
Well now you are on a great winning streak Julia..perhaps buy a lotto ticket
@Juliaacv Yes we have to be grateful if we can I understand Julia
I was on a winning streak. I feel like I am winning every day when I wake, and enjoy the life that I have. No, it is not perfect, but I have such good friends here, a job that I actually am very passionate about and family that loves me and that I love back. I don't have perfect health, but I can tolerate. If that isn't winning I don't know what is.
@aninditasen (7848)
• Raurkela, India
You were lucky enough to win prizes. Have a good day. I don't eat turkey and so don't know how it tastes.
Turkey is a little bit drier of a meat then chicken, if you have tasted that. The turkey kabobs were so juicy that I was amazed, and they were on sale for quite a reasonable price. I may ask our son if he'd like me to pick them up some to try, they like poultry.
@aninditasen They come in different sizes actually. It is my favorite type of poultry.
• Raurkela, India
@Juliaacv I have never tasted turkey and wouldn't like to. It's a big bird and I think it would be hard to digest.
@BabeSays (6594)
• Mauritius
That’s a very kind gesture. She’s gonna love it. You got super lucky. Gotta keep playing whenever you get a chance
Thanks, we literally have half of a shelf of travel mugs. And I work from home, so there is no need for me to have any.
@BabeSays (6594)
• Mauritius
@Juliaacv Thank you for being an amazing person in this century. We need more like you.
@BabeSays Thank you for your kind words. We need to be complimentary towards each other as you are.
@Nakitakona (51056)
You're so lucky. Congratulations.
Thank you, I shared one of the prizes.
@Nakitakona (51056)
@Juliaacv You're so kind.
Nice way to spend a day. I think I will drag out some insulated mugs for when the grands are all here for everyone to be able to have iced drinks that will stay cold.
They really accumulate don't they? Every few years I fill a box of them and take them to donate at the goodwill store.
@wolfgirl569 (58534)
• Marion, Ohio
You are getting lucky. Thats a nice mug
Thanks, I like it too, but we have too many travel mugs so I will give it to someone that I know, as I know that she will use it.
• Rockingham, Australia
Good for you. I wonder what the third thing will be. People laugh about things happening in threes but it happens time and time again. Very strange.
Thanks, I am still waiting to see if there will be a third win.
@Deepizzaguy (69649)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
Winning two prizes in one day while you were on the road is a great feat. I am sure that you will win another prize soon.
Thanks. I was shocked that I won those. I asked our GM how much I lost by and he told me it was just half a point, and basically I got runner up because I have actually won this competition a couple of years ago. There are alot of prizes that go with it and its good that they share the wealth, we should all have a chance to enjoy the winnings.
@Deepizzaguy (69649)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@Juliaacv You are welcome. I like the idea of having a competition everyone gets a chance to win a prize.
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, you hit a lucky streak. Congratulations.
Thanks, it was pure luck winning the travel mug and alot of hard work winning the throwdown at work.
@RubyHawk (67460)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Juliaacv I’m sure you put a lot of effort in your work and earned your prize.
@LindaOHio (99898)
So has that third thing happened yet? Thanks for the update; and have a good weekend.
Technically, I have not won anything new as of yet. But I feel so blessed to have the family, friends, job and life that I have that that in itself feels like I am winning. Who used to throw that word winning around, I think it was that crazy Charlie Sheen.
@LindaOHio (99898)
@Juliaacv Yup, it was 'ol Charlie. I am blessed too. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back, money to pay the bills and a husband that loves me. Life is good in spite of all the challenges.
Today was your day. Hope a third blessing comes your way.
Thanks, I felt happy today.
@Aiana18 (667)
• Belo Horizonte, Brazil
It was a very pleasant day. I'm happy for you.
I'm glad that you had a pleasant day, thank you.
You did have a winning day...Congrats!
Luck came your way ! Your manager has a way to fire you with enthusiasm for work.
Your lucky day all right!
I hate to tempt fate, but I also wonder if I should go out and get a lottomax or a 649 ticket.
@1creekgirl (32804)
You really did have a winning day!