Were you unsatisfied with something recently? :/

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I have a toothache almost for a month. First, I thought it was cause I extracted one tooth a month ago and I was recovering then, i felt all of my jaw hurting. I drank pills, used so many natural and other remedies... My dentist was on holiday so substitute took over me but he didn't find anything, put a new filling on one tooth and suggested me to take a complete teeth scan if I still experience hurting. I felt better after that but after a week, i felt bad again and had to leave my parents in such a mood. Worse staying ever. Yesterday, my dentist received me, I came evening before by train and he filled only one tooth. Strangely, this is the third time he is filling it, the same tooth, i mean. But, when I mentioned possible other tooth, according to scan, he didn't see anything but guess what, I still can't eat on that side and I told him while he said it should be okay. If first tooth has a medicine (and it does, white thing, like a chewing gum), then why upper side is aching if everything is good? I think I'll call him again on Monday just, my health insurance is expired, which I found out yesterday. Before, it was the rule that after last work, you have it for free up to month but, they got the memo (nurse's words) that you have to renew it in a day. Really. So, cause today was holiday (Thanksgiving), I'll have to check on Monday was insurance renewed or not. Ah... Not enjoying at all Pain is sufferable but it should be painless.
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
If I were you I’d look for another dentist.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
He received me today but asked me again for insurance. I said it's pending and I applied for it. When I came, the nurse was the whole time, during my procedure in the corner, like she didn't want to help out. It is not my fault that system is too slow. The pain is less now, dentist said that upper tooth is really fine but if it starts again, i'll go private.
@RubyHawk (66602)
• Atlanta, Georgia
13h
@moonandstars I hope it will be okay if not I’d see another dentist.
@kaylachan (35573)
It can be a real pain. literally. Just take things one day at a time.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
thank you for understanding. yes, it can. i am not the person to run if it hurts me a bit, i go when it's really bad, which i mentioned to my dentist. i mean, i am experiencing headaches and stomachache recently due to this. even my ear started to hurt. i mentoned all that to my dentist. he looked at my teeth, did something, the nurse was unwilling cause insurance is still pending so, i hope not to go there for some time.
@kaylachan (35573)
16h
@moonandstars For your sake, I hope so, too.
Did the dentist give any explanation as to why the upper side could be hurting? I don't understand why the same tooth would have to be filled 3 times - especially when that tooth is not the one in question. Ugh. Sorry you are having to go through that.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
over the phone, he said that it can't hurt me, the upper side, how rude. i asked him can i come and i feel he was unwilling. also, that stupid insurance, they are pending and nurse wasn't that nice to me today. water was splashing but she didn't give me that thing around the neck, to avoid that. it is a little better now and i hope it lasts. he even said it is a good thing when things hurt. i get that but not 200 times a day well, filling fell off twice and third time it was hurting but yes, it is a mystery to me as well. thank you.
14h
@moonandstars Sometimes it feels like they just do things for the money . Oh my gosh the filling fell off that many times . . . how can that be? I don't know how they can say you can't be hurting there when you are flat out telling them that it is painful . . . it is as if they are saying you are telling a lie - but obviously you are not! That would make me so mad and go look for a different dentist (but I know good ones are hard to come by). Argh
• Rockingham, Australia
I'm really sorry about your tooth. It's a wonder the dentist can't work out what's wrong.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
he's a proud and vain dentist. one time, i said something how come he can't find it and he got mad so i am careful with words also, not liking asking me again about insurance. they should understand it was a holiday and that i can't make insurance to solve my application first. i am happy he received me but if the pain starts again, i'll go private. even over phone he convinced me upper tooth is fine. i mean, i feel the pain.
@Aiana18 (628)
• Belo Horizonte, Brazil
I hope you recover promptly. Toothache is a horrible thing and dental procedures are always very expensive. In Brazil we usually use 10 volume hydrogen peroxide for cleaning. It helps a lot with inflammation and pain. I also advise you to take a dipyrone for pain relief. There are two home remedies that can help until you go back to your dentist.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
thank you for your advice. i put sea salt in my water but, today, i went there and he did something on my teeth (he never says what) and i hope for some peace, at least for a month.
@Beestring (2890)
It appears that your dentist has not identified the problem yet. Toothache is horrible. Hope you have it sorted out with your dentist and get well soon.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
it is and especially when dentist doesn't believe you. thank you. i went today, stupid insurance is still pending so nurse wasn't that nice or willing to put fabric around my neck so water don't splash over me but, i hope for some peace. i just heard dentist mentioning it must be gums. i mean....
@GreatMartin (22829)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I find a lot of 'problems' with doctors these days---I think they are trying to see too many patients!!
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
that for sure. they are either too busy or being bored.
There has to be something there somewhere. I do not blame you for feeling dissatisfied and perhaps a bit on edge.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
18h
thank you and, yes, i feel on edge; not sure when i felt like that. i am very nervous, experiencing some headache about all this. i called my dentist today, he received me, said he really doesn't see anything on upper tooth, maybe put a medicine on the first one, said it must be gums (the only thing i heard that he shared) and he said he is here if it gets aching again but, over phone, he wasn't that willing and even said it can't be that painful. i mean.... i hope for some peace. if it happens again, i'll go private. stupid insurance is pending, nurse didn't put paper towel fabric under my neck and was unwilling to say anything or assit to dentist.