Day 5--Birthday gift from my sister

Here we are on Friday, August 5th, and I got up early to get some things done that I needed to do, but found a huge moving truck parked in front of my place, blocking me today. Things are finally being dealt with since my neighbor allegedly took his life back in April. I had to change a couple of appointments, because I couldn't get out of the driveway. One of the things that I did do today was get a nap! I suppose that is a gift, in and of itself! I received a package for my birthday in the mail today from my sister, Sonja. I did go ahead and unpack the package and recycle the box, as she instructed me to! However, I am going to wait until my birthday to open my cards and the gift. She is always so thoughtful! I did eat some leftovers a couple of hours ago, but I'm still hungry. I'll probably fix something in a little bit, and eat dinner late. Nothing more for now. Hope everybody had a great Friday. I'll try to check in later this evening, if I can.
The package is a gift itself! It is very beautiful!!!
@SonjaRae (10890)
Thanks Marga! I wanted to be a little EXTRA for her!
@SonjaRae I think that I have never seen such a beautiful wrap for a gift.
@SonjaRae (10890)
@marguicha Aw thank you Marga. I was just being creative!
Sonja is so nice. The package itself is a gift.
@SonjaRae (10890)
Anna I used a small box from Office Depot that had arrived to my office. And put her gifts inside of it. I bought this package of glitter confetti with little stars and balloons and other little shapes and just dumped that inside of her box when I mailed it I sealed it up well because the little tiny stars started to come out from the seams of the box. Last night when I spoke to her she said I am so glad that I was not inside of the house or the car when I opened this.
@SonjaRae This is so pretty Sonia. I also like to prepare nice packages for my friends and family, it adds a personal touch that I think is very important.
@SonjaRae (10890)
@LadyDuck I realize that everyone is different. Things that are important to me don’t necessarily mean as much to other people. But I like to do little different things like this and especially for someone who I know appreciates it.
Ohhhh . . . what lovely packaging by @SonjaRae !
@SonjaRae (10890)
Thank you. I tried!
She did such a lovely job. I appreciate that she takes the time to do it for me. She's lucky to get a bag with tissue paper from me!! LOL I used to be better about wrapping, but think I got burnt out from it.
@LindaOHio (99393)
I would have told the moving truck to get out of the way! That's a lovely package from your sister. Have a great weekend.
@Beestring (3081)
Very beautiful package. Happy Birthday to you.
@wolfgirl569 (58180)
• Marion, Ohio
Naps are the best presents.
@sallypup (49213)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That is a very pretty wrapping. Happy birthday to you!
@FourWalls (45662)
Naps are a present any time of the year!
@RubyHawk (66954)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Hope you enjoyed your day A nap sounds good. . My day went about as usual
@SonjaRae (10890)
I’m glad that the box arrived undamaged, and in time for your birthday. I’m surprised you didn’t tell everyone about all of the glitter that I threw into the box! Lol I love you my sister
• Rockingham, Australia
If I haven't already wished you a Happy Birthday, I do so now. What a great idea to celebrate for the whole month.
Love the way that she wrapped it up all pretty like that.