Remember when the Sandy Hook school shootings didn't happen?

Olney, Illinois
I'm sure Alex Jones remembers it not happening. I remember arguing with an 'independent journalist' about it (she and her husband ran a newspaper that has since vanished after being sued by their daughter in an unrelated matter). I had told her if she was a REAL journalist she would go to Sandy Hook and interview the 'crisis actors' that were 'pretending' their children had been killed. Of course, she declined. She claimed all I had to do was listen to Alex Jones on InfoWars and *I* would know 'the truth'.
Jones, the creator and face of the conspiracy-peddling website InfoWars, is on the hook for a total of $49.3 million for spreading falsehoods about the 2012 mass shooting at an elementary school.
@DaddyEvil (88283)
I hope he can't get that ruling overturned. He's a real piece of work...
• Olney, Illinois
This is the first of three cases in which he is being sued over his statements concerning Sandy Hook.
@DaddyEvil (88283)
@PhredWreck I don't know if it's true or not but I read that his lawyer(s) have already filed to get the ruling overturned because they accidentally released his text messages during the case.
• Olney, Illinois
@DaddyEvil I have a strong feeling any appeal will be dismissed by the courts.
• Rockingham, Australia
This came up on our news last night. What an a**hole.
• Olney, Illinois
I remember a few Alex Jones 'fans' that used to be here - I tried telling one of them it was impossible for it to have been 'faked', that there is no way an entire town would support a fake story that could easily be debunked if it were in fact fake. Some people are just stupid.
• Rockingham, Australia
@PhredWreck Exactly - but some people will believe anything. It's nearly time they brought back survival of the fittest - excluding present company of course.
@BarBaraPrz (37645)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Some people's reality is much too different from yours or mine, it's scary.
People like this need to be eliminated.
@crossbones27 (44371)
• Redlands, California
So disgusting, feel the way you want about pc crap but thats not pc thats just wrong and a evil man. The worse was watching one of the moms talk to him. Such a shame she even felt the need. I think people right I would have shot him with their dumb protected second amendment rule. I cannot even imagine that kind of pain.
@wolfgirl569 (58534)
• Marion, Ohio
I was very glad to hear he was ordered to pay. There has to be a limit to what a so called journalist and such is allowed to say.
There are plenty of those idiots, they believe what an idiot like them say, but they refuse to check the facts themselves.
@kobesbuddy (153060)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I hope this man sits and rots in a jail cell, for the next 40 years! He's a menace to society, a genuine, oversized A*S Hole!
@Ronrybs (16009)
• London, England
I am all for freedom of speech, but there has be responsibility as well. At least it looks like he will be suffering the consequences. Pity it has taken so long to get there
@LindaOHio (99898)
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I was not aware of this. Have a good weekend.