Fox fight.

@xFiacre (10694)
Ireland
The silence was so comprehensively dense last night that I could almost taste it as it crept in through the bedroom window and flowed over me. The air was so still that not a leaf moved, as if the forest had fallen under the paralysing spell of some sprite of malevolent intent. I rose from my bed and stood at the open window, bathing in the moon-bright, silent stillness. When I lay myself down again in the soft light the silence was soon shattered by the devilish squeal of a fox fight. Back at the window I could see no trace of animal life, but the blood-curdling cries raged on somewhere in the bushes at the bottom of the garden where the forest starts. No sleep was to be had as the fiendish shrieks sporadically punctuated the otherwise silent night on and off till dawn.
Those animals can be pretty noisy, but also cats when they fight are noisy.
@xFiacre (10694)
@ladyduck They sound like babies, which is most disconcerting.
@xFiacre You are right, the first time I heard the foxes I was scared.
I may have heard that before, as we do have foxes. I found this post to be very much like a poem, or lyrical prose. I loved reading this and i could feel the atmosphere you created.
@xFiacre (10694)
@gardengerty Thanks for the kind words.
@luisga814 (4346)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Oh! That's part of their life. It seems fox is territorial.
• Rockingham, Australia
Animals can make some horrendous noises when they're fighting.
@Ronrybs (15870)
• London, England
With urban foxes, I saw two of them boxing in the back garden. By the time I had gotten my camera they had gone, so I must have spooked them
Wild animal fights can be brutal. I've seen dogs and cats get into it and it isn't pretty. I can only imagine what wild ones would be like.