Saturday Morning Check-in

@SonjaRae (11472)
Yawn, stretch, Good Morning! I went to sleep last night without any problems at all. I did wake up somewhere around 1 AM which has been common for me but luckily went right back to sleep without any issues at all. I didn’t even turn on the television or check my lot notifications. I ended up waking up this morning at around 8:30 AM, made coffee and on my second cup! I do believe that rearranging the storage room and getting all of those boxes situated for pick up and shredding may have worn me out just a little bit. It is currently 89°, sitting at 98° with the heat index presently. We’re supposed to hit 100° again today. It looks like today will be a quiet day for me as my friend is going to be working today so no fishing in the forecast, unless it is decided for tomorrow. What kind of plans do you all have for this weekend? Doing anything exciting?
@moffittjc (106628)
• Gainesville, Florida
I stayed up way too late last night and ended up sleeping until close to noon today. I don't have any real plans this weekend, one because it is too hot and humid here in Florida to really do anything, and two the roofers should be finishing up on my new roof this weekend, so I'm excited to finally have all that done and out of the way.
@moffittjc (106628)
• Gainesville, Florida
@SonjaRae I'm in Gainesville. Four or five hours away from Niceville, which is up in the panhandle. April (thislittlepennyearns) lives not too far from Niceville, although it may be a little bit of a drive from where she is close to Pensacola.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@moffittjc I knew that April was in Florida as well. One of my sons used to live in Defuniak Springs, before moving down to Niceville.
@SonjaRae (11472)
What part of Florida are you in Jeff? I have two sons that live in the Niceville area
Goodmorning to you! wow glad to hear that you have a great sleep. you are not like Me and @DaddyEvil huh? that everytime woke up go check myLot ohhh that is must be hot? but yea hope you both will have a good day! Not really much cuz it is weekends so all I plan is sleep lol
@SonjaRae (11472)
Most of the time when I wake up in the middle of the night, I check my lot and then I am up for hours! LOL
@SonjaRae ohhh lol. just like me and @DaddyEvil But yea glad you did a great sleep at that time.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@DevMrSamEleazar Me too! I must have really needed it. Lol
@FourWalls (45870)
I’m going to “the country” (south of Fort Knox) today for my aunt and uncle’s 60th wedding anniversary celebration.
@FourWalls (45870)
@SonjaRae — lots of thunder. I didn’t get to go visit my dad’s grave. Oh well, a good time was had by all.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@FourWalls I’m sure your Aunt and Uncle had a wonderful time. Maybe the lightning and thunder was your dad, joining the festivities.
@SonjaRae (11472)
Oh my goodness 60 years! What a beautiful celebration this should be. Enjoy your day!
Nothing outside as it is way too hot. Will do a bit of reorganizing
@SonjaRae (11472)
Reorganizing is always a good indoor activity.
@sallypup (49311)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm probably staying home though there is an antiques festival going on downtown.
@SonjaRae (11472)
Hopefully you will enjoy your day, whatever you do!
taking my 8 year old niece and sister out for a fancy brunch tomorrow. We are wearing our little black dresses and pearls! (Breakfast at Tiffany's brunch)
@SonjaRae (11472)
Oh my gosh! That sounds adorably fun!
I enjoyed a day mostly at home yesterday. Today, Sunday, is church. Also pick up a prescription for hubby and a few groceries for company later in the week, maybe.
@SonjaRae (11472)
At least the day doesn’t sound like it will be too hectic.
Good morning. Its a hot and muggy day here in my neck of the woods also, autumn weather will be greatly appreciated after days like today. I went out really early and got my running around done early as my hubs is working until 1pm. After he returns we will go out together to get some errands done, most of which are for him, so I thought it best he be my chauffeur. Stay cool and hydrated today.
@SonjaRae (11472)
I shall do my best! I hope that you have an enjoyable rest of your day. I too am looking forward to the autumn weather. This summer has so far than one for the books as far as unbearable heat goes
We reached 96.8 F yesterday at the hottest hour of the day, far too hot to do anything. We did nothing exciting, I did a load of laundry and my washing machine stopped working.
@SonjaRae I did, but I receive the message that the machine is already full of water, while it is empty. I even opened the filter, only a very little quantity came out. I will call someone, but I fear that I have to change it.
@SonjaRae (11472)
Oh my goodness Anna! Did you try it unplugging it and then re-plugging it back in to reset it?
@SonjaRae (11472)
@LadyDuck I hope it’s something simple
@DaddyEvil (88350)
We don't have any plans for today or tomorrow. It's too hot today to do anything. (We reached 98F this afternoon. Not as bad as it has been, but bad enough.) I thought I'd responded on this already. Sorry about that.
@SonjaRae (11472)
No worries DE! The heat had been crazy here too! Over 100!
@DaddyEvil (88350)
@SonjaRae Did you get any of the rain that went through yesterday? We saw Springfield, Mo, downtown flooded. Pretty said she saw videos of people canoeing on the streets there. (We had solid cloud cover yesterday and today but no rain. It is supposed to be an 80% chance of thunderstorms for the next three days here, though.)
@SonjaRae (11472)
@DaddyEvil We did not get a stitch of rain. Not one drop! I saw the same thing on the news it’s amazing how it can just come down so heavy and flood out everything in an instant.
@wolfgirl569 (58562)
• Marion, Ohio
I went to the livestock auction but came home alone Now canning green beans
@wolfgirl569 (58562)
• Marion, Ohio
@SonjaRae Goats or maybe a cute piggie. The goats I liked went too high and the pigs were all ready for butcher.
@SonjaRae (11472)
Oh that sounds terrible that you had to come home alone. What were you hoping for at the auction?
@SonjaRae (11472)
@wolfgirl569 Yeah I just thinking about the pigs ready for the butcher ugh
@aninditasen (7848)
• Raurkela, India
I do my cleaning on Sundays and had a light lunch today.
• Raurkela, India
@SonjaRae I always keep it for Sunday and then give my hair, face and body a good scrub to feel fresh and cool.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@aninditasen That sounds like quite the relaxing and enjoyable way to spend a Sunday after cleaning!
@SonjaRae (11472)
Very nice! I did my cleaning yesterday
@LindaOHio (99897)
100 is way too hot! No plans here. Stay cool and hydrated!
@SonjaRae (11472)
Linda I plan to do just that!
@Nakitakona (51100)
It's Saturday here and it's market day. Many people come to buy for the foods. While taking a stroll, I spotted a talented blind man in his 50s begging while singing with his guitar. I stopped by and listened. He's a good entertainer.
@SonjaRae (11472)
Do they ask for donations or tips
@Nakitakona (51100)
@SonjaRae I mentioned it that he's begging. His wife is with him.
@SonjaRae (11472)
@Nakitakona I see. So is that a yes? That they perform for donations?
• Walnut Creek, California
Ihope to visit with a friend I haven't seen in many years tomorrow. Today I have been relaxing. I think my biggest accomplishments were gassing up my truck and taking out the garbage. i hope to visit the pool soon. Glad you slept well. I love sleep.
• Rockingham, Australia
Nothing exciting this weekend. It has barely stopped raining so far.
@SonjaRae (11472)
We could definitely use some rain right now I think there is some forecasted early next week.