The Heatwave Is Almost Over

My front door
@Chellezhere (10790)
Have you ever heard of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)? Most people affected by it experience bouts during the colder months, but some people experience it when the temperature outside is hot. I am one of those people. Looking at the monthly weather forecasts for the next eight weeks, I can see relief is coming soon, but it can’t come quick enough. I am ready for everything to be pumpkin spice, so Nick Erbacher is already hanging on my door. Are you ready yet?
Just like you, I do not like summer. We had a long heatwave that was exhausting. It's a bit better now, but not cool enough and the days are still too long.
@Chellezhere The days are shorter in the morning. When I got up at 5 in July it was already clear and now I have to wait until 6:15 to see the light. In the evening the dark now comes at 9, we only lost half hour in the evening.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@LadyDuck I have been sleeping until 9:00 or 10:00 a.m. lately, but have noticed the sun is setting earlier now.
@Chellezhere (10790)
I couldn't agree with you more. The days are still too long. I have noticed sundown is coming sooner, though.
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
Having gotten through one heatwave, we are forecast for another this week. Be spending most of that indoors!
@Chellezhere (10790)
I cannot blame you for staying indoors. That's my favorite place to be all summer.
@Ronrybs (16645)
• London, England
@Chellezhere And it is proving to be mine!
@Chellezhere (10790)
@Ronrybs Last night (long after dark), I went outside and continued my walk around the car park because it was too hot in the building. That's when you know it's getting cooler outside. People turn off air conditioners too soon.
@JESSY3236 (16851)
I can't wait for Pumpkin Spice stuff.
@JESSY3236 (16851)
@Chellezhere Yum. My mother always fusses that I get alot of pumpkin spice stuff.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@JESSY3236 Everybody fusses at those of us who get a lot of pumpkin spice stuff.
@Chellezhere (10790)
I will bake some pumpkin spice muffins shortly and will try to message you a few.
@LindaOHio (103696)
We are getting some relief tomorrow. Lower temps and humidity. I hope you get some relief too.
@Chellezhere (10790)
We have as well. It is 73°F with a RealFeel® of 76°F. That is too hot for me. I sweat at 70°F, but 73°F with a RealFeel® of 76°F is easier to handle than anything higher.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@LindaOHio The humidity still needs to go down, though.
@LindaOHio (103696)
@Chellezhere Glad to hear it's cooler.
@SonjaRae (14735)
Your decoration is quite cute! I have never suffered with that. But I do know people who have.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Thank you. Some have looked at it and said, "Yep. You were a teacher." Some already knew that, but most did not.
@SonjaRae (14735)
@Chellezhere (10790)
@CarolDM (192260)
I know about it very week, I have been ready for fall since last fall ended.
@Chellezhere (10790)
I have been ready for fall since winter ended.
@Chellezhere (10790)
@CarolDM (192260)
@Chellezhere I certainly know the feeling.
• Rockingham, Australia
I don't know anyone that decorates for autumn here but perhaps some do. I hope you get some relief from the heat soon.
@Chellezhere (10790)
Decorating for autumn is commonplace here. I don't know if it began from leaving some fall harvest and Halloween decorations up that tie in well with Thanksgiving, but it would not surprise me if it did.
@Ganma7 (3856)
We just had a 10 day heatwave here in CT. In the 90’s and terrible humidity. Had to drink lots of water
@Chellezhere (10790)
That's about how it was here in Cental New York.
@Sojourn (13508)
Was your state gripped with heatwaves for quite some time ? What were the average temps?
@Chellezhere (10790)
It was the typical July into August heatwave we get every year, but I am not a summer person. In July, the average high temperature for this time of year is 84°F, and the average low is 63°F. The average August temperatures are a few degrees cooler.