Water allergy

duck in water
Roseburg, Oregon
Everyone all creatures need water to survive. We need water every day. When you are allergic to water this condition is called aquagenic urticaria. When you have this condition you break out in hives if you have to much water in your system. This condition is more common in women. If you have this condition you get hives and rashes all over your skin. You have to take a allergy pill. If you have this condition . You have to take a quick shower. Figure out foods that have no water in them at all. Drink diet soft drink over coffee, tea or juice. Keep your hair short and take five minute showers. I would sure hate to have this condition.
@noni1959 (8771)
I had a friend long ago that had this skin condition. It caused intense itching, burning and pain. She couldn't go swimming, cry, sweat (so summers were indoors a lot), and when she would go potty, the same reaction. She would find different liquids to clean herself and once a week, jump into the shower for a few minutes. Always, crying and in pain after. Oddly, she could drink water. She passed away but not of this.
@noni1959 Everyone said last summer was the hottest it had ever been in the area where I live.
Your poor friend. I feel sorry for her. Is it hot where you are.
@noni1959 (8771)
@jstory07 We are having another heat advisory for tomorrow through Thursday night. We'll be in the 90's. I'm in an area of Oregon where normally we have short summers that stay in the 70's and 80's.
@rsa101 (35495)
That is, in my opinion, an unusual type of allergy. It would be quite difficult to avoid drinking water because it is a basic requirement for our bodies. Since you will always balance your intake of water in your body, I would think it to be a very tough scenario to maintain.
I would think so to. I was looking for something unusual and found this allergy.
@rsa101 (35495)
@jstory07 So far I have not encountered someone having this kind of allergy. I wonder how he/she can cope with such type of an allergy since I do have allergic rhinitis myself and is having a hard time coping with it when it triggers. What more if ordinary water can trigger you, They are everywhere and you need to drink it once in a while to keep you going. I wonder if she can be near beaches and pools it would be bad if it will trigger also since she cannot really enjoy life at all.
@rsa101 I know what a sad life a person with water allergy would have.
Never heard of anyone having water allergy That will be disastrous.
I would think it would be.
@wolfgirl569 (61110)
• Marion, Ohio
That would be tough.
It sure would be. I am glad I am not allergic to water.
• Rockingham, Australia
I have a friend who is allergic to cold and I thought that was a bit weird but being allergic to water would be even worse.
I wonder how people survive with this allergy.
• Rockingham, Australia
@jstory07 It must be quite difficult.
@kobesbuddy (154188)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'd be miserable, with this terrible allergy! Coffee is a source of help, every day!
Especially since it is made with water.
@kobesbuddy (154188)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@jstory07 I thought about a tomato allergy. Everything I like has tomato, such as pizza, spaghetti sauce, catsup, chili, tacos, etc.
@sjvg1976 (37561)
I also will hate to be in such a situation. Water is essential to life and there are very few things that dont contain water. It's hard to live without water. Nice information shared.
@sjvg1976 (37561)
@jstory07 Yes that is true. Air, water, and food are basic needs to survive. I wonder how a person will survive without any of them.
I would think you could not live long without water.
@RubyHawk (70936)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have allergies but thank goodness I don’t have an allergy to water.
I never knew about this allergy and was really surprised to read about it.
@LindaOHio (103553)
That would be awful! I had never heard of this condition.
It would be teriable.
What! People can be allergic to water ? Well l never would have imagined that possibility.
@moonandstars (62270)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
I had a rash from salt water. It was not easy but it went away. Still, I rarely go to sea in summer.
@sjvg1976 (37561)
People can have an allergy from the salt water but I dont think people have an allergy with the plain water and if they have , it is terrible.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sjvg1976 I think so too but if they have it, it is not fun, for sure. It is also different when someone has mild and severe allergy. I am very thankful that I am only allergic to dust, pollen, pillow feathers and not food.
@CarolDM (192143)
Sounds like a not so good condition to have. Cool photo.
I remember the time when I was in grade 3 I have a girl classmate that literally have like that. she dont eat fish cuz it stinks and trigger her allergy also she have short hair. and she needs to be in cold area
Any type of allergy or condition to have would be bad.
@DevMrSamEleazar That would not be good.
@jstory07 yep you are right. I also have a allergy that when I smell something not nice even perfume I will sneeze unlimited non stop
@LouAvul (1079)
That would be an awful thing
That would be a terrible way to live.
Thanks for sharing this with us ! I haven't heard of an allergy to water before.
@RebeccasFarm (73897)
I have read terrible stories about people who are literally allergic to water. I myself have to drink alkaline water or have a very bad reaction.
@Ronrybs (16632)
• London, England
Talk about making life complicated! That is chore you can't afford to get wrong or slack on
@aninditasen (9192)
• Raurkela, India
In India skin rashes or allergies are due to dehydration. Therefore we are asked to take lot of water to avoid skin allergy.
@Nakitakona (52251)
I never heard of this kind of disease - water allergy. My wife just drink enough for she doesn't want to be bloated.
@Beestring (5618)
Having this type of allergy is disastrous.