Everything revolves around children, isn't it? :)

By SS
Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Sometimes even too much, not sure is that a good thing I am writing this cause tomorrow is the beginning of a new school year for all elementary and high school students here and public transportation is no longer under summer regime. It is back to ordinary one, with more lines, which is good, finally. Stores won't promote school bags and other supplies or they will, not sure but I've been hearing their commercials for 2,5 months so, it is not bad not hearing them for a change Also, police warns drivers not to be hasty and speedy. I wish they could give these warnings more often and for all of us. Just a thought. So, yes, let the school begin...
@BloggerDi (2974)
Yes, with so many children returning to school now, the businesses and public officials focus on it a lot! It's been happening here too, in Missouri USA. School started two weeks ago here.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
when i was a child, i didn't feel it like today. they have discounts, free school bus, free books, like a fairy tale. when does school year end, in may?
@BloggerDi (2974)
@moonandstars Yes, most US schools end in late May.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@BloggerDi i see. that is good. before summer.
Oh I forgot you are a teacher
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
teacher by my education but teaching assitant by my profession, which i decided no to persue any more. any comments on the title question?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Butterfingers same here. and all that running around the apartment. i hear it upstairs, too good, actually
@moonandstars yes children are good but when they don't make any noise
@anil02 (24645)
Here school session begins in July
@anil02 (24645)
@moonandstars Which things you like to see on sale?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@anil02 things i need. cheese, bread, toilet paper. things like that
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@anil02 yes, i understand that. i just feel they are going too far. other things matter too and i would like to see other things on sale.
@RebeccasFarm (74147)
Not for me, I am done with those. But I do have a big son who is still little
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
o, yesi liked seeing school supplies but i don't like it how media and government trained us, year by year. like, no school, no life, even if you graduated a long time ago
• Rockingham, Australia
Our schools have their big break over the Christmas peiod when it's hottest here. But they have fortnight's holiday coming up soon.
• Rockingham, Australia
@moonandstars I'm not sure what you mean by 'which one'. Kids in WA have two weeks in each of April, July, September then about 6 weeks over December/January.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@JudyEv how would i know, the one you mentioned..
@GooglePlus (3766)
Schools were closed for you all ? Because of Covid ? Oh wait,you mentioned New academic year We have Schools started already. We heard this year they deducted lot of holidays for kids too! How is it with your school ? compared to 2019 or earlier ?
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
schools were closed last year but 2 months only, from february to march. anyways, we all went with masks. o, 2019 is so long ago, i feel; i must remind myself it is 2022. no masks now, only in hospitals but, i still have my secret supply not sure about deduction but they have it all, i feel. from real madrid school bags to expensive notebooks
@quantum2020 (10998)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
Everything revolves around them. School is starting next here in my region and school supplies are everywhere in stores. I have bought some already to give up as gifts hoping children can start the school season with the right foot
@quantum2020 (10998)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
@moonandstars When I was in school, there weren´t interrnet and my mother would buy school supplies from the nearest store. Nowdays, going to a shopping center is common and the school supplies are more expensive but that´s how it is nowdays. The brands have improved as well as the technology. Children are more used to the trending brands
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@quantum2020 it goes same for me. only one star and bookstore only. yes, they have it more than enough
@sjvg1976 (37814)
And the kids may be excited that they will be going to school tomorrow. My kids always get excited when they have to go to school.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
yes, they are too excited but, i wish they are more in schools than outside. that goes for kindergartens too, i wish it is an obligation cause, smaller kids are outside, screaming and not suprvised.
@aninditasen (9360)
• Raurkela, India
School has begun and may God keep the children safe as the covid is still taking lives.
@dgobucks226 (31135)
As they say, children are the future. The lead up to the school year seems to be celebrated like another holiday event by the retail stores. Another opportunity to capitalize on sales.
@dgobucks226 (31135)
@moonandstars Yes, SS a different world. One that is passing me by with each year I'm on earth.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@dgobucks226 same here
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
precisely that, capitalization of everything. it is get bugging, i feel. when i was a child, it was all normal and prices were okay. now, adveritsing real madrid school bags, i mean, come on