My heart is aching

I found out today that after recovery there is no housing for Ke. He is left to his devices when he gets out. I got my nephew in recovery and he is working now. Clean and sober but housing is nonexistent. I knew he was staying in my town and his mother was going to check on him. But I learned today he was sleeping in his grandmother's backyard. I am so emotional and my head hurts along with my heart. My sister has always been one to let this child go by the wayside. I am devastated because she sleeps at night knowing he is on dirt at night. When he was using drugs it was me that kicked his ass in gear to get into detox. And I would think if you see he is working and clean, you would at least try to help him with shelter. I am devastated right now because with all I have to deal with I am always the one that has to pick up where others drop the ball. I am now not even up for dealings with anyone in my family. I think for now I need to be alone. I just can't imagine allowing Kay to sleep on the street after she has done recovery and gotten a job. I might be wrong and trust me I am always willing to learn. But tell me one person that can perform at their best without proper rest and a shower and clean clothes. I am devastated. I wake up every day to a proper roof and it is my fear of ending up in my car again. But I sit here and I wonder how people can see this world in such disarray and not try to make a change in someone's life. I am worried about my own health but nothing on this planet to me is more of a blessing than a roof and shower.
Yes, indeed. Having a roof over your head is a fine thing. I sure hope that things get better for him.
@sharon6345 ........We all do that pretty much. I wish him well.
He should have a month's rent by his next pay period he will live month to month as long as he is sheltered.
That is so very sad. Even his grandmother won't take him in.
she has Alzheimer's so he could not stay there. He goes in to shower but she thinks he is there to hurt her. He does not want to scare her. I gave her a ride a while back and she was crying and stuff it is so sad.
I worked hard for forty plus years to keep a roof over the heads of my children. And would do it all again if I had to.
I know and I am glad for the push I gave Kay to maintain hers. The court stuff is done and now they are required to keep up the work.
@LeaPea2417 (35128)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I'm very sorry about the whole situation
@CarolDM (199371)
That is a heartbreaking situation. I wish I had answers. So very sad.
Thank you it will be ok. I am devastated right now but I will be ok.
• Bosnia And Herzegovina
it's sad that he doesn't have a place to stay, when he's trying to do better. i'm sorry you have to deal with all that, but it's thanks to you that he got into detox. you did what you could. i don't know if offering him to stay at your place is an option? take care!
Thank you, My friend said the same thing and I am glad.