Back home and happy.

I went to the supermarket for a few things. Just a few because I am changing the way I eat. I keep breaking down but I will be ok. I picked up chili seasoning to make my neighbor a pot of chili. She bought me dinner already but will be surprised to know this. She is getting the entire crock pot because I have no desire for pain eating beef. I am eating crackers and avocado. I bought bread to start eating peanut butter toast. I figure it is better than starving. On the stove, I have a pasta dish and that will be so good. Although I have to reduce dairy I am going to not add butter since it has cheese. I figure it should help.
@TheSojourner (55838)
I often make chili without any meat. The flavors are there and if you use some sort of bean then you're getting your needed protein.
I That is good I like the sound of that.
@sharon6345 if you add corn with your beans, you get a complete protein all from plant. Or eat your chili beans with a tortilla. Or rice.
I do this, too, at times. If I know my boys are going to be around, they really prefer meat in theirs, but I am fine with just beans.
I have never tried eating peanut butter toast yet. I usually just spread the peanut butter on my bread and eat it as a snack.
That is one way I do it as well.
@MarieCoyle (8217)
I often make chili from ground turkey or ground chicken instead of beef. No one ever complains about it, they lap it right up. I hope you can transition to your new way of eating without too much work and worry.
I hate ground chicken and turkey. I just have to forgo chili and that is ok.