Fitting for a Monday

Monday Monday, always such a blah day in my books. The skies are full of clouds here today. The sunrise seemed later as a result. I have the state funeral for Queen Elizabeth II on the television right now. Not very long ago it was the Queen's late husband passed. I wondered at that time if that wouldn't take alot of the wind from the queen's sails. Dying from a broken heart is not unheard of. The traditions and the history behind them are commentated very well as many of what we see during this funeral and its process is foreign to us. They have just begun the 45 minute procession to Wellington Arch. The RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) are leading the way. A very sad day indeed as this Queen was a remarkable lady. Very fitting for a funeral for someone loved by so many to take place on a Monday.
@CarolDM (192739)
Sunshine here but the heatwave has started. A sad day for many I know.
I am happy that you have the sunshine. Our day began awfully dark and stormy today, but mid to late morning the sun broke out and its been a nice autumn day since.
@CarolDM Our morning started with very humid and heavy air, but a cool front came in with the storm.
@CarolDM (192739)
@Juliaacv I actually prefer rain on these hot days. But I will take it.
@RebeccasFarm (74106)
Lovely Queenie RIP Monday was my move day and still not caught up here or here either..tired Julia
@RebeccasFarm Love ya.
You rest, you deserve plenty of rest, there is always another day to play catch up here.
I feel that Queen Elizabeth will be the last great queen.
I agree, she gave her all to the people.
@Juliaacv I doubt if any other King or Queen anywhere will do the same.
@TheSojourner (55834)
I do believe this is the end of an era. Her Majesty was a remarkable woman, and I don't think that there will ever be another like her. Anywhere, in any country.
I believe so also, truly the end of an era, a bygone generation who worked up until the very end. The commitment and endurance of that is not easily seen in young people.
@Juliaacv I agree. I'm not saying that all of the old ways were the right ways, but we certainly have lost some things along the way.
It is sad but at least she and Philip have reunited and so she has no more wordly worries She will be remembered for a long time
I agree, sad, but reunited with her beloved.
I've been watching it also and it's amazing to see. A great loss for everyone
She was a very inspiring woman, I have never heard of anyone who disliked The Queen.
She will be missed, I am sure.
She lived to a great age and got the best posthumous honour.
@LindaOHio (104159)
A fitting ceremony for a lady who graced the throne for 70 years.
@Beestring (5900)
She was a great Queen. In the last few days, thousands of people in Hong Kong queued for hours in hot weather outside the British consulate to pay tribute to the Queen.
Yes, she was a great queen in every way possible.
@LouAvul (1147)
I know some people that were going to get up early this morning to watch it televised.
I turned the television on a little earlier to watch the service. I didn't really care about seeing all of the family mourners arriving at the church, more for the ceremony itself was my interest.